Can't wake up?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
SarahDank

Can't wake up?

Postby SarahDank » 28 Jan 2012 02:48

Not sure if there has been a Topic about this yet, but I have been having a problem for the past 2 weeks.

When I enter a LD I think I get too excited?
My dreams are always Vivid. But they are mostly so 'Crazy' or even too scary, that as soon as I reach my Lucid platform, I try and change my location or the people around me so that its not so scary/busy.

Anyways, it seems that I have been getting stuck? In my LD's.
Once I realize I am dreaming, If it is infact a dream that I personally can't handle (I have mild Post traumatic Stress) I will then try and wake up.. But I can't?!

Slapping myself in the face wont work, even focusing on my bedroom, my bed, and even vizulising myself lying next to my partner wont work.
I then start to freak out MID Lucid dream.
I don't end up waking up. I do lose my Lucid state though. And then get Vivid dreams of running away or something like that. (happens almost every night)

I just need to know if there is a technique of some sort that will help me wake up.
As I can't handle being in a Lucid dream, not being able to wake up, and having a panic attack in the dream, while there are things happening around me that I have been trying to avoid in my Real Life.

(I know it all seems crazy. But I guess I just need all the help I can get to keep an even balance during my sleep)

Thanks,
SarahDank

R99

Re: Can't wake up?

Postby R99 » 30 Jan 2012 18:56

Thats weird also cool, its seem like u r saying that stuck in a ld. Welllll there is one method i uses to wake me up-close ur eyes tight and then open, do it a couple time and screem WakeUp. Its my way to wake up, idont know this work for u. I want to make a sugession that why u want to wakeup from ld anyway, u can change anything u want, if its frightning just fight it, it wont harm u anyway, afterall its a dream, or if the scene is unpleasent just fly away( also u can go through it like spectator) dont get frightened by ur ld. Its fantastic journy, explore it, play it cool.
I see the Truth now.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 05 Feb 2012 08:20

R99 wrote:Thats weird also cool, its seem like u r saying that stuck in a ld. Welllll there is one method i uses to wake me up-close ur eyes tight and then open, do it a couple time and screem WakeUp. Its my way to wake up, idont know this work for u. I want to make a sugession that why u want to wakeup from ld anyway, u can change anything u want, if its frightning just fight it, it wont harm u anyway, afterall its a dream, or if the scene is unpleasent just fly away( also u can go through it like spectator) dont get frightened by ur ld. Its fantastic journy, explore it, play it cool.

Thanks for that. I will defiantly try that the next time it happens.
Another time I couldn't wake up from a Ld, was when I was having a nightmare, and I went Lucid. I Tried to wake myself up but I couldn't. So I actually had to smash my head against the ground to wake up.
It was pretty darn scary.

R99

Postby R99 » 05 Feb 2012 14:04

Wow, that is scary.
I see the Truth now.

momma258

Postby momma258 » 13 Feb 2012 21:27

I have the same problem of being "stuck in my dreams" . The dreams change from day to day, are pretty wild, colorful, crazy, but in my dream I am trying to wake up to stop the craziness. I think I have woken up, but I discover I am still in a dream. Different craziness, same problem. I've even slapped myself in the face in my dream to try and get out of the dream. But I can't seem to stop it. It is very scary, and I am afraid I won't want to go to sleep anymore. For information, I was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea in Oct 2011, and have been on an auto-pap machine since then. I never remembered dreaming much before then, and the sleep study proved I very rarely went into dream state. I was very disturbed this morning when I woke up from this same problem occurring so often.

Please send me some help. :(

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 16 Feb 2012 10:30

momma258 wrote:I have the same problem of being "stuck in my dreams" . The dreams change from day to day, are pretty wild, colorful, crazy, but in my dream I am trying to wake up to stop the craziness. I think I have woken up, but I discover I am still in a dream. Different craziness, same problem. I've even slapped myself in the face in my dream to try and get out of the dream. But I can't seem to stop it. It is very scary, and I am afraid I won't want to go to sleep anymore. For information, I was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea in Oct 2011, and have been on an auto-pap machine since then. I never remembered dreaming much before then, and the sleep study proved I very rarely went into dream state. I was very disturbed this morning when I woke up from this same problem occurring so often.

Please send me some help. :(

You seriously sound the exact same as me.
I have actually gotten to the point I don't want to sleep. It always happens to me, as my dreams are the most frightening thing to me these days. ( Only because I have experienced them at there worst )
-- But not all of my dreams make me that scared. - Mostly just disturbed.

I have always wanted to have a sleep test to see if I have sleep apnea. - As I have been waking up with lack of breath.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 17 Feb 2012 04:41

bump

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 17 Feb 2012 07:29

Well I made another topic about suicide but no one seems to wanna touch that so maybe you can help me. Sounds kinda harsh but try killing yourself. Im pretty sure you wont end up in limbo, I would be interested to see what happens.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 17 Feb 2012 09:22

Jack Reacher wrote:Well I made another topic about suicide but no one seems to wanna touch that so maybe you can help me. Sounds kinda harsh but try killing yourself. Im pretty sure you wont end up in limbo, I would be interested to see what happens.

As I posted before, I have has to smash my head against the ground to wake up - I am not sure if this was actually an act of suicide, but seeing as how I had the thought of waking up I did.

If you would like, as I am having a strong Lucid Dreaming week, I can test this out for you the next time I remember while Lucid.
I will see if I will go into limbo while 'wanting' to go into limbo.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 18 Feb 2012 00:39

Great thanks for testing it, I will also give it a shot if I LD, however its almost impossible to predict my priorities once im lucid, since there are no limits I usually just do something stupid like roll in the grass or dive into an ocean and wake up instantly.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”