I cant stop going lucid

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

I cant stop going lucid

Postby dreamstudent » 18 Dec 2014 16:27

recently I've tried to stop lucid dreaming because it just causes me to question reality to much and its not good for my own mental stability, but it seems as though since the day I stopped the lucid dreams I have had, are in such a deep state of sleep that they have lasted upwards of 5-15 minutes which is very long for me. And I almost can't wake up from them, the other night I had one where I was at the mall, and I knew I was dreaming but it was literally so clear and indifferent from reality I could not tell the difference in fact I was freaking out a bit because I really wasn't sure if I was dreaming, I don't know why I didn't just reality check, but can anyone explain why this is happening it doesn't make sense but I guess it kinda does, I like lucid dreaming although for myself personally I don't think its 100% beneficial for me.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Re: I cant stop going lucid

Postby jasmine2 » 19 Dec 2014 02:38

Perhaps you are worrying unnecessarily about your lucid dreams. One thing that guarantees that any dream will end is when your body insists, "Get up and go to the bathroom, now!"

Many people would love to have as many lucid dreams as you seem to be having. Why not just "go with the flow" and adopt a curious, scientific approach to the magic world of dreaming. Keep a dream journal. Draw or paint some of your dream experiences. Experiment with flying and changing dream objects and scenes. Try to talk to dream characters, especially any who seem to have more awareness and are willing to offer help and guidance.

- Good resources -

- Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

- Web search - "LDE - Past Articles" - dreaminglucid.com -
Also, in left column, click "Interviews With Lucid Dreamers"
(Note - "Lucid Dream Exchange" website is transitioning to "Lucid Dreaming Experience")

Also, check out Rebecca's informative blog articles here at world-of-lucid-dreaming website.

Re: I cant stop going lucid

Postby MercyStrange » 19 Dec 2014 15:35

I pretty much agree with jasmine, I just wanted to say, you can always wake up from a lucid dream. Some people say closing your eyes, going to sleep within the dream, etc. can wake yourself up. Just don't freak out if it doesn't help, etc. because it's nothing to fear. Like jasmine said, just try going with the flow. You might find that you're worrying about nothing (:
If this really really concerns you, than I would recommend consulting a doctor or psychologist. If you don't like that idea, than once again, just go with the flow. If you find that you're getting stress or anxiety throughout the day from this, try meditating, drinking tea(I find chamomile works best for reducing stress and anxiety), or listening to some soothing music.
If you find yourself questioning reality, just simply do a reality check and move on, try not to get stressed.
Good luck, and I hope that was somewhat helpful.
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”