Hypnagogic State to Lucid Dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Caden_16

Hypnagogic State to Lucid Dreaming

Postby Caden_16 » 14 Dec 2014 04:25

Does any experienced lucid dreamers have some light to shed on how to go from the hypnagogic state to an actual lucid dreaming state? Any tips or advice is appreciated, Im mainly wanting to know this for the WILD technique... Thanks!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Snaggle

Re: Hypnagogic State to Lucid Dreaming

Postby Snaggle » 18 Dec 2014 04:59

Technically hypnagogia is a Lucid dream, as it's normally just the first stage of dreaming. It's easy to get stuck in hypnagogia or to just enter normal sleep from it, just knowing that there's something beyond it can take you past it.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Peter

Postby Peter » 19 Dec 2014 09:26

start working with it, as snaggle says you are there as in light sleep but have not fully entered. Ask or will it to become more intense of some such thing and you will get that you can control and work with it. From there is not a hard step to enter the dream
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Dec 2014 10:36

On the rare occassions I get hypnagogia, I use it to help me get into the WILD. Its quite helpful.

Firstly keep in mind that when you start to get this, it is a start to dreaming.. all you need to do is enter into the images from there. I have no set way to doing this and just do whatever I feel drawn to do at the time to enter into a dream (belief you can enter it from this helps). I'll give an example of one of the times I did this.

The hypnagogic image I was seeing was wee tiny patch of colour in the distance, it was no more then 1 itch square. To get within it, I purposely thought of it getting closer and closer to me and thought of myself like drifting towards it.. as the patch of colour then came nearer, it of cause grew larger.

Suddenly I found myself within a lucid dream and that tiny little patch of colour became the wall paper on a wall around me.

Anyway, try to become part of any hypnagogic images and to do this you can use your own conscious thinking. (thou stay relaxed, trying too hard may make one disconnect from the hypnogogia). Just think up a way for yourself to merge which whatever you are getting, depending on what the image is. Know your subconscious is already manifesting as otherwise you wouldnt be getting hypnagogia in the first place.

eg another example. I started hearing voices but was still just fully aware of my physical body. So I started imagining reaching out energetically and trying to talk via telepathy to the voices.. then after I short time I found myself more in a dream as I could tell the voices knew I was listening to them etc (a sign I was interacting more with the dream starting to form).

Use your mind to help your dream along and to manifest. Stay calm, feed the hypnagogia and go with the flow.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

kelkelz

Postby kelkelz » 04 Jan 2015 23:09

I've experienced hypnagogic hallucinations throughout my life. Once it was a purple swirl above my head, which was cool. But every other time (more times than I can count) I've "woken up" to a GIANT spider crawling on the wall or ceiling. I'll even lift my head (in fear) and stare at it for a second until it fades. I haven't experienced this in over a year, which is a record that I was happy with. But last night was the first time I was trying to lucid dream and it happened again. I don't think I could possibly turn this into a real lucid dream even though I know exactly what it really is as its happening. It happens too fast and I'm basically already awake.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Jan 2015 10:36

[quote="kelkelz"]I've experienced hypnagogic hallucinations throughout my life.
kelkelz, dont worry about that they dont last long, they arent even needed at all to have a WILD. I rarely get HI but have had a lot of WILDs. I often just enter straight into the dream.. first my body and then my senses... or at times all at once.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Caden_16

Postby Caden_16 » 12 Jan 2015 02:46

Thank you everyone for the replies! I'll try this sometime maybe tonight or tomorrow morning in a WILD. Thanks again!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”