What type of alarm to use and best times to wake up at?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
The Wolverine

What type of alarm to use and best times to wake up at?

Postby The Wolverine » 16 Dec 2014 01:19

Hi I would like to ask a quick question. I have recently been trying to lucid dream, well for now at least remember them lol. I have a dream journal beside my bed ready to record and I am completely motivated to do so no matter how tired I am when I wake up. So If I set an alarm should it be vibrate only, sound at max volume, should I keep it beside my bed or across the room etc.. Whats best? And also is this a good idea if I go to bed at 10 to wake up at 1 record a dream then at 2:30, then at 4, then at 4:40. ( rem cycles). Also im the type of person to wake up in the morning and only remember a fraction of a dream if not I wont remember anything. How can I boost my recall as fast as possible? I want to lucid dream!

MercyStrange

Re: What type of alarm to use and best times to wake up at?

Postby MercyStrange » 16 Dec 2014 15:56

I was just reading on here about this. (:
If your attempting a WILD (And this pretty much qualifies as a WBTB technique as well), you should probably set your alarm after 4-6 hours of sleep. I would probably suggest setting your alarm to whatever volume is enough to wake you up, no louder, and I would just let it next to your bed. I do believe that waking up when your REM cycles are at their longest, that you'll be able to better remember what your dreams were. I read something about waking up after an REM sleep makes it easier to recall the dreams you had during the REM sleep. The best way to boost your recall, is to be patient and keep writing whatever you remember when you wake up. If you don't recall as much as you want or as detailed, don't get frustrated! You say your motivated, so just stick to it, and eventually your recall will improve! Also I've heard alot of people mention some dream herbs like "Calea Z" which if your interested in, I would read up on it. You can find this stuff right here on this site!
Here's the links, if you wanna read up on this stuff:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-back-to-bed.html
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/calea-zacatechichi-review.html
Hope this helped! :D
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

The Wolverine

Postby The Wolverine » 16 Dec 2014 18:28

Thanks its funny how you said dont get frustrated. I woke up this morning not remebering anything from my dreams last night and I got a bit upset I was like how the hell could I not have rembered at least one fragment. But I will keep trying thanks. :D

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 18 Dec 2014 21:59

yeah 4-6 hours seems to be the standard ;)

Personally I'd set your alarm as a song you hate and place the alarm somewhere so that you have to leave the bed-that way you have to get up and turn that rubbish off ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 19 Dec 2014 02:00

Years ago, when I first became more interested in my dreams, I tried waking myself up with an alarm clock a few times. However, this mostly just annoyed me.

I had better luck by just keeping a notepad and pen at my bedside and then jotting down any brief snatches of dreams that I might remember. If I recalled a fair amount of a dream scene, I would later transcribe my messy notes into my dream journal, including any associated emotions or feeling.

When I made consistent efforts to record my dreams, over several weeks and months, my dreams became longer and more interesting, and I gradually got better at figuring out metaphorical meanings of dream images.

It took several months before I had a brief lucid dream. I still only have occasional lucid dreams, but I always find them fascinating. Also, I think reading a variety of good books on dream work stimulates recall of non-lucid and lucid dreams.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Dec 2014 10:50

I personally do not like to wake myself up with an alarm clock as it can shock me awake too much which I dont think is constructive to things.

I ended up just training myself to wake up after each dream so I could write it down, just by thinking about this and aiming for this. I ended up stopping doing that thou as I got up to remembering 7-9 (maybe up to even 13 dreams at times) in a single night, so ended up having little sleep due to all the writing the dreams down.

If you really want to remember your dreams.. do try also telling yourself that you will wake up after each one and be prepared to do journal them immediately (its so easy to think to oneself.. "Oh I'll rememeber this one, Im too tired to write it down now" but then forget).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

The Wolverine

Postby The Wolverine » 02 Jan 2015 20:26

Thanks for the replys guys and yea I dont use an alarm anymore I find it annoys me and by the time I turn it off I forgot some parts of my dream

Return to “For Beginners”