Dream Character Won't Answer me

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
MercyStrange

Dream Character Won't Answer me

Postby MercyStrange » 15 Dec 2014 00:52

So last night I hit a record for dream recall, remembering 5 dreams in one night, one being a Lucid dream! But I was a little boggled by an encounter I had with a DC. Here's part of my journal entry to explain further: "There's a white man with curly blonde hair in front of me. I Tell him he's in my dream. He instantly changes, right before my eyes. He is now a black man with no hair, and dark brown eyes. I am surprised, but I begin to ask him "What do you represent?" and he just stares at me. I ask him again, and he continues to stare at me, almost in disgust. I ask him three more times, but he still doesn't respond." I was kind of wondering if anyone could shed some light on why he changed immediately after I told him he was in my dream? And why he wouldn't answer me? Why on earth he looked at me in disgust? It was pretty creepy, but I eventually just ignored him and moved on with the dream.
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

HAGART

Re: Dream Character Won't Answer me

Postby HAGART » 15 Dec 2014 03:52

Dream characters morph all the time. Welcome to the club!

They can change right before your very eyes! It happens a lot for me.

I have no solution. Even I have this happen all the time. But it's nice to know others like me are with you and you are not alone.

(No answer, but nice to know someone responded and knows what you are going through)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Dec 2014 14:52

But at least one is lucid enough to notice the changes. In the waking state, one can have blindsight and not realise it. Another one is the autopilot mode. And then there's the weird false recognition of people which can be embarassing.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Dec 2014 12:57

I dont know why but I think Ive only ever had a couple of DCs go morphing on me, mine seem to be quite stable.

He is now a black man with no hair, and dark brown eyes. I am surprised, but I begin to ask him "What do you represent?" and he just stares at me. I ask him again, and he continues to stare at me, almost in disgust. I ask him three more times, but he still doesn't respond."

Dont you just love those DCs :lol: .

It thou with that symbolism of disgust coming into things, sounds like there is something in your life which disgusts you. Ummm here is a long shot.. are you racist at all with blacks? or does baldness discust you? Are you worried about going bald? (or maybe its just something completely different which discusts, Im just looking for clues in your dream).

I usually walk off on my DCs too after they dont respond. You can thou force them to respond "in some way rather then just stare at you" by doing something people dont usually like. eg start stripping in front of the black man.. that usually gets some kind of response from a DC. LOL. I have a lot of fun with DCs often which have been annoying to me. Nothing beats doing something in front of them and watching their shocked faces and reactions.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 18 Dec 2014 14:25

To be honest, I've never tried talking to DC's like this before. I usually just ask them how they're doing, or something like that. You make some good points, but I'm not racist, disgusted by baldness, or afraid of going bald. And nothing in the dream really points to disgust. Besides that short moment with that DC the dream was pretty amazing actually. So I'm not quite sure what that meant. But, Lol, I'll probably try some different things to get reactions from DC's, maybe just not that, :lol:
Thanks for the replies. :)

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 20 Dec 2014 08:10

Mercystrange why do you think DC mean anything? Most of them mean nothing and are just extras in the dream. Most dreams are also meaningless. We just tend to remember the ones that have meaning. Your character morphing was your answer. You should morph them at will rather than having them morph on you. Like Taniaausti my DC tend to be extremely stable as are the DC of Lucid Dreaming family members - I have no Idea why that's so as there are huge personality differences between us.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 20 Dec 2014 16:02

Well, personally, I believe that dreams mean something, and I feel it's very possible the dream character could have represented something. If that's true, I'm not certain, but that's just how I feel. Although I was more or less interested in 'why' the dream character would change like that, as i didn't even need to convince him he was in a dream. I simply said the words, and he changed. I also was more interested in any explanations/opinions on 'why' he wouldn't answer me, because I was under the impression that DC's are basically part of your subconscious. I wasn't really looking for "what does the DC mean?" so... Yeah. and on morphing them myself, I have never tried that, and I'm not that experienced in Lucid dreaming yet. I've only just gotten used to flying and using doors for portals, etc., so I'm not sure If i even could. Thanks for the reply, though.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Dec 2014 19:48

I notice that everyone's opinion of an interpretation is a reflection of themselves and their personal beliefs. I am very different from Snaggle and Taniaaust, and they are different from me.

Only you know what you felt at the time.

I wish I could give a concrete answer but I can't. If I did, I'd be using my own beliefs to interpret.
And that's the bottom line.

But hey, I am a lucid dreamer too who comes here and reads and talks and writes and listens. That's the best I can do. That's the best anyone can do. Keep sharing stuff and be open, and ultimately you, and every individual has the final decision.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Dec 2014 05:52

MercyStrange wrote: Yeah. and on morphing them myself, I have never tried that, and I'm not that experienced in Lucid dreaming yet. I've only just gotten used to flying and using doors for portals, etc., so I'm not sure If i even could.

Just cause you are a beginner doesnt mean that creating something in a LD will be hard to do, that belief of "Im a beginner so Im not sure if I even could" .. is the big thing which could well hold you back on being able to do things in your dreams.

So I suggest to try to get rid of that thought as you will most likely create the situation you are thinking.

What is hard and what isnt hard to create in a LD, seems to depend on the individual eg Im an experienced in LD but I have great trouble flying! Another person may have trouble with something else. Or you may find something many find as being hard to create in a dream as easy. Ive known beginners who managed to turn day to night and do other things in their very first LD, they believed they can!

Morphing a DC can be very easy. You dont even have to visualise exactly how you want it to look (I think many think they will need to do that to change something but its completely untrue). All you have to think of and believe is that its going to change eg say you have a scary demon about to attack you and want to get rid of it.. to change it into a little boy just think "boy".. and turn away from it or shut eyes and expect it to change to "boy".. then look back holding that expectation that it wont be same but will be different. (That's what Ive done before).

You do not have to think how tall the boy will be or what age he will be or even his hair colour, you can allow your subconsciousness to create your own subconscious version of "little boy". Which is perfect for those of us like myself who cant imagine or visualize things. Just let your own subconciousness do the creating for what you want.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 22 Dec 2014 14:32

That's some really good advice. It makes sense, that you can do what you believe, So I'm definitely gonna work on that, Thanks taniaaust1.
And I understand that HAGART, I was merely interested in any opinions people had. I'm pretty satisfied with most of the answers, they were all helpful in some way or another.
Thanks for all the replies and helpful thoughts. :)

Return to “Dream Characters”