Is there any technique like this?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Is there any technique like this?

Postby Alien874 » 21 Dec 2014 04:25

Is there a technique that does not involve waking up in the middle of the night? other than MILD
Look at your hands

Re: Is there any technique like this?

Postby HAGART » 21 Dec 2014 05:42

I would love to hear an answer, but I don't know of one.
I have constant awakenings all night and don't fully realize it and just roll over and sleep again. Now that I think about it, I must average about 3-5 per night. I have a strong feeling that there is a connection between that and lucid dreaming. Hate to say it, but in my experience, waking up and sleeping again is what triggers lucid dreams and/or just makes regular dreams so easy to recall.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Postby StormSharkX » 21 Dec 2014 17:01

I have developed techniques that rely on visual imagination, creating a kind of hypnotic state, that helps me to create visual hallucinations within a state of meditation while on the verge of falling to sleep, these methods have been successful for me to help recognize more or less straight away when my body is first asleep and I have entered a dream.

The Same methods have also been successful in creating some very vivid fun dreams that I would describe more as Guided to Lucid, hence I have been able to successful lay some plans for what I want to include in my dream, although there are always other random factors that become part of my guided dreams, that to be perfectly honest often add more fun to the dream anyway, even when not lucid these dreams can be vivid and fun.

One thing I will say that maybe of relevance is that I have often for as long back as I can remember experienced lucid dreaming anyway without effort of even trying, when I do have that moment of click with a lucid dream where I tell myself "this is a dream" from which point some restrictions relating to my own actions and interaction with the dream are lifted, I am never left with any doubt the difference between my dream state and reality becomes obvious though perception alone, I don't have to reality check or anything when I know I am dreaming I just know.

One thing about my methods I have released is that you can try to hard to often, I go thought spells where they can work great for weeks on end giving me vivid if not lucid dreams, then they start to become less reliable and I have to give then a break for a while, sometimes I find you can try so hard that it actually keeps you awake trying to visualize, when this starts happening the best thing I find is to just stop trying and let natural sleep take its cause, for my techniques to work properly much of it needs to evolve naturally and you need to feel relaxed within you vision and not force a a vision with to much effort that is causes you to feel like you are fighting or struggling to create a vision, relaxation is most important when using your imaginations eye to guide you into sleep.

This is one of my methods, this works well for me maybe because I am a huge fan of the subject, I am certain that others maybe able to adapt the same basic principles focused around different subject matters that they are as familiar and passionate about as I am Star Trek

Postby jasmine2 » 22 Dec 2014 01:47

I recommend web searches for -

"Five Successful Techniques For Lucid Dreaming" -

" 5 Ways To Become Lucid In Dreams" - World Of Lucid Dreaming - Rebecca Turner

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Dec 2014 05:30

Alien874 wrote:Is there a technique that does not involve waking up in the middle of the night? other than MILD

Some spontanously start to have LDs at night by using reality checking a lot during the day or increasing their awareness of things during the day. My first LDs were all spontanous, Ive never done that purposely waking myself up in middle of the night thing. I'd hate to do that. As I also get sleep issues that would be a very bad thing for me to be doing.

or try WILD either when you are falling asleep or on first waking up in the morning. Try not to move and imagine yourself what it was like back in your dream at a point where it was strong. Think of that surrounding around you again, what it felt like etc etc.

or you could get into the habit of taking an afternoon nap and trying to WILD then. (Ive done many WILDs in the afternoon).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”