When realities become fuzzy

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
buildit

When realities become fuzzy

Postby buildit » 22 Dec 2014 00:30

So since learning I was not the only person who could control and be conscious in my dreams I've really let a lot of walls drop and pushed some limits I might have otherwise not explored. The result is becoming a little concerning.
1. I am sleeping for over 12 hours a day and still wake up tired. I admit I've been feeling depressed recently as the Holidays are not a good time of year but the addition of the LD experiences are making being asleep very comfortable.
2. It is requiring a lot more to get the cob webs out of my head when I do wake up. Long showers and several cans of mtn dew seem to be the normal any more.
3. I am experiencing flashes of memories from dreams during the day. Like remembering you needed to stop at the grocery store on the way home. It's like a flash of clarity on something I'd have forgotten.
4. My dream reality is very vivid, several times now I have experienced synesthesia in my dreams, something I do not have in real life.

I am beginning to question the wisdom of letting certain walls down as I am unsure of what the results of my experimenting will be. It begs the question, is reality better than fantasy and if you surrender reality will the mental fantasies sustain you? I wonder if I just stay asleep will it be like being in a coma?
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

HAGART

Re: When realities become fuzzy

Postby HAGART » 22 Dec 2014 03:28

I've noticed my dreams change around this time of year too. I think it's holiday stress.

There have been a few days I wanted to just sleep all day, and then other times I'm feeling nervous or excited. I get a bit manic depressive this time of year, and it certainly affects my sleeping habits.

I remember in the past, before I lucid dreamed regularly (1 a week average now), when I would get a few random lucid dreams only a few times a year, they were always around this time of year. So I think it has something to do with stress that's affecting my sleep, and possibly yours. I have a love-hate relationship with the holiday season.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

buildit

Postby buildit » 22 Dec 2014 04:58

I don't hate this time of year but I could almost do without the memories it now represents. I would be remiss if I did not say that my depressed attitude could not be effecting my state of mind however I do not consider it that severe. The dream states are longer, more vivid and in a weird way realistic. Yes, I can control my environment and so forth but there is a synchronization to it all. It makes it hard to come back to this reality.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Dec 2014 06:13

buildit wrote:So since learning I was not the only person who could control and be conscious in my dreams I've really let a lot of walls drop and pushed some limits I might have otherwise not explored. The result is becoming a little concerning.
1. I am sleeping for over 12 hours a day and still wake up tired. I admit I've been feeling depressed recently as the Holidays are not a good time of year but the addition of the LD experiences are making being asleep very comfortable.

I see that as an issue if its causing you to sleep over 12 hrs per day and you doing the wake, back to bed technique so having disturbed sleep so needing to sleep more? if so I think you should stop doing it. (over sleeping is also a sign of depression)

3. I am experiencing flashes of memories from dreams during the day. Like remembering you needed to stop at the grocery store on the way home. It's like a flash of clarity on something I'd have forgotten.

I often remember parts of a forgotten dream spontanously during the day, I dont see an issue with suddenly remembering something.
4. My dream reality is very vivid, several times now I have experienced synesthesia in my dreams, something I do not have in real life.

Seeing its in your dream, I dont see how that is an issue.

I am beginning to question the wisdom of letting certain walls down as I am unsure of what the results of my experimenting will be. It begs the question, is reality better than fantasy and if you surrender reality will the mental fantasies sustain you? I wonder if I just stay asleep will it be like being in a coma?

Nothing wrong with fantasy as long as you dont start believing the fantasy is real. I dont know how one surrenders reality? I cant suddenly make myself believe in crazy stuff I dont believe, either something is reality for someone or it isnt.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 22 Dec 2014 06:48

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:44, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Dec 2014 18:58

Thanks for the link Nesgirl. I never knew the name for it, but sunlight certainly affects my mood. It gets dark here at 4:30 in the afternoon which is ridiculously early.

I get the winter-blahs in February, but it seems like everyone does here in Canada and we call it, "Foreverary". Snow is no longer beautiful and we all want winter to be over!

I agree that exercise should help me out with the anxiety I tend to get during this busy time of year. That's a great idea.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 23 Dec 2014 00:30

I wouldn't recommend sleeping 12 hours. Oversleeping will ironically make you tired.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

buildit

Postby buildit » 23 Dec 2014 22:04

The question is if the extra long sleep is a cause or effect of the more vivid and stable lucid dreams?

And FYI, I should be clear I do work as an on call technician so it's not an every day sleep fest, just when I can get away with it so to speak. :roll:

Return to “Sleep Disorders”