So... what now? (And also hello!)

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

So... what now? (And also hello!)

Postby Adamkadabra » 22 Dec 2014 04:48

Right off the bat I'm just going to say I'm very new to the concept of lucid dreaming, and only recently started looking into it (In fact, this is my first submission on this website!) . I find it SUPER cool that people have learned to control their dreams, and it really fascinates me that humans can learn such an awesome ability. It's almost like a superpower. I'm only 13, but I'm completely committed to learning to lucid dream, and researching about it. I've been able to remember most of my dreams ever since I was little, but was never able to become lucid. Since I was super interested in dreams, I decided to do a bit of research on dreams, and came upon lucid dreaming. The moment I read about it I was fascinated. My goal is to be able to lucid dream at will. I've had lucid dreams before, but only once every couple of months., and they're usually quite fuzzy and weird. But recently I've been doing a couple of exercises I read on the internet (keeping a dream journal, preforming mindful meditation, reality checks, etc.) and now I've found myself lucid dreaming almost once a week. Since I made it this far, I decided why not further educate myself on lucid dreaming by discussing it with other lucid dreamers; you guys! So here is my first question: How can I control my lucid dreams? Many times I've found myself in a dream, knowing I'm in a dream, but not being able to do anything. Last week I had a dream where I was at my school, when I realized it was a dream. So I decided "Hey, I want to fly" but whenever I tried to do something, nothing would happen. It was kinda boring, I was just stuck at my school with nothing to really do until I woke up. So fellow lucid dreamers, what's your advice? Thanks in advance!

Re: So... what now? (And also hello!)

Postby JonSnowLD » 22 Dec 2014 16:31

Hey and welcome to the forum! :)

If you're nearly up to one LD a week and you only just started, then I have a feeling you'll pick up new techniques pretty quickly! :D

As for the flying (and everything else pretty much) in an LD, the key is to Know that you can fly-forget the fact that its impossible, this is your dream so it's your rules.

I still struggle with this concept of Knowing I can do anything, it's simple in principle but easier said than done-for me anyway ;)

Seeya around the forum!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Return to “Introduce Yourself”