Anesthesia and Dreams - Have you done it?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Anesthesia and Dreams - Have you done it?

Postby Arcadian » 10 Feb 2012 04:27

I started to research the chances of dreaming while under anesthesia. So far, I've found out that very few people dream while under anesthesia, about 22%. And of those 22%, those people recalled dreams frequently at home. Most of 22% dreamed during the recovery period.

So, have any dreamers here dreamed/LD while under anesthesia? If so, how was the experience?
What do you know about the relationship of anesthesia and dreaming?
False Awakening

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

Re: Anesthesia and Dreams - Have you done it?

Postby Snaggle » 10 Feb 2012 05:27

What a wonderful question. I hope someone has had the experience and answers you.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 14 Feb 2012 04:50

Yes great question. I had always assumed anesthesia really knocked you out... beyond dream sleep. But on reflection I guess you could have dreams as you head towards awakening...? (Just a thought).

I asked Pete about this as he's been under (and remembers many dreams) but said he didn't recall anything under anesthesia.... Except once he woke up in the operating theater :shock: And he's sure it wasn't a dream.....

Postby Peter » 15 Feb 2012 08:31

I had one experiance when i was out for a check up and that time it felt like and obe where I was looking at the machine and what was happening. I was groggy when I came out so couldnt verify anything. I am not sure of what was used to put me out and this may have had some bearing on what I felt happened.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”