My brain wants to switch off

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

My brain wants to switch off

Postby jet199 » 10 Feb 2012 11:01

What can you do if your mind doesn't want to have lucid dreams?
My consciousness seems to switch off when I sleep and my brain is so happy creating crazy scenarios that it rarely lets me stop and think. I tend to dream in third person a lot as well. I have just though that actually I usually know that I am dreaming otherwise why would I see things in third person. From as early as I can remember I have been able to rewind my dreams to an earlier point if something happened that I didn't like. Again this shows an awareness of dreaming and also a third person point of view. So I can tell that I am dreaming but I don't take control.
Maybe it is just a bad habit that I have got into. I know that I daydream a bit in my waking life so I have thought about practising mindfulness so that I become more focused when dreaming. However I hate my job and I want to be able to switch of and think of something more interesting when I am doing it. Meh
"The real question is not whether there is life after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death" - Osho

Re: My brain wants to switch off

Postby Chrispy » 14 Feb 2012 05:48

If you're aware you're dreaming, perhaps you could take control of your "3rd person self." I don't know if you play many video games, but normally there's a button you can press to change the viewing aspect of your character. Maybe you could imagine a controller in your hand and pushing a button to allow yourself into your 3rd person self.

Hmm...did that make sense? It made sense in my head. lol
There is no spoon.

Return to “For Beginners”