False Awakening or OBE?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DesertExplorer

Re: False Awakening or OBE?

Postby DesertExplorer » 27 Dec 2014 01:49

Well, I see.. Evidence about after death is not visible for now at least, so you will never feel gutted as you say in your whole life.

You seem to trust logic so much, that you cannot see the fact that as you cannot uncover a treasure near the core of the Earth with your bear hands, you cannot see the Truth with a tool like logic. This is beyond our so far evolved minds.

You use your hands to survive, you use you OWN LOGIC to survive and not to make it help you to truly understand. For example, you specifically do both, thus your tedious existence in the hypothesis of life after death. Have you ever imagined this subject in your personal inner research that it is not as much as a progressive line, like it is a progressive cycle where ends meet, though not visible?

I will explain.. You think that if life is possible after your death you should remember what you lived before, right? And that is perhaps the main reason you doubt everything and then close the subject. May I add in this that maybe we forget about it? You certainly have heard a lot of times this before, but it could be true. Imagine this as the last piece of the puzzle that will make you not to feel gutted, nor to see life as tedious, but make you appreciate it. Isn't that feel more right? I think it is, because in this hypothesis, life is true and infinite.

That makes sense to me, at least. I cannot accept an end. After all, what is an end? The beginning of something else, of course, and when this comes at last, you forget about the end, don't you?
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2014 04:01

DesertExplorer wrote:http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15678

Do you know what this could be? I forgot to say that I felt a sensation of being disconnected from my body at beginning. BUT, there was a difference in my room, after waking up. A door was actually closed but in my dream it was open. What could it be?

Things like that could be a dream (something created in the mind) or an OBE which happens in the astral plane.

Astral plane as it is timeless.. past, present and future can be accessable there. You may been astral but out of synch with your normal human body time hence door open instead of closed.

Only you can maybe figure out if this was an experience created by your own mind or not if it isnt obvious.

If an OBE is real time or even just out of synch some, sometimes we can prove what we saw was real. eg rip a page out of a magazine you havent read which has pictures on it without looking at it at all (not even a glance) and put it on the top of your wardrobe. Then if you think you have gone astral, go and check the page out and later on you can confirm or not once you are back to your normal state, if you dreamed it or truely saw it.

Thing with this experiment cause astral can be timeless, NEVER put another page up there in same spot on that wardrobe/cupboard as other wise you may end up getting future ones or past images of ones which will end up giving you wrong results (corrupt the experiment).

The Astral plane thou can also have "thoughts imprinting" onto it too eg Ive seen what my daughter had dreamed there once, I had an OBE and I tend to see the astral of my house just how it truely is, this day there was things there which shouldnt have been there in our house. On questioning my daughter, I found out they were what she'd dreamed (she'd dreamed she was in our lounge room, having a party and presents.. I saw gift wrapping paper and childrens presents all over that room). Her though energy imprints which would of only been there for a very short time (few hours?).. but must of just still been there with the timing of when I had my OBE and walk around my house.

Without understanding it a little I can see how it could even be mistaken as a dream by some. Its a real place but a very sensitive real place. The longer something is in the physical, the stronger its imprint upon the astral.. the stronger the emotion around something, the stronger it imprints upon the astral.

It is also possible to have an OBE but also have some dream stuff coming into it too, just like one can be awake and going about thier normal daily life but "day dream" , so some overlap can also happen.

Distinguishing what is what isnt always easy to the inexperienced but if you've experienced both, one can often feel a very slight difference in the OBE feels realer (but its very slight), thou dreams can feel quite real to some too as they are just as vivid. My LDs have as much clarity etc as my OBEs do and even I can at times find it hard to tell the difference except on the occassions I get a strong knowing come in (and hence why I've done experiments in the past to prove to myself that not all my experiences are just dreams. Ive got myself into trouble with someone one time by what I found out which he didnt want me to know, throu and OBE and what I'd seen).
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 29 Dec 2014 04:48, edited 2 times in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2014 04:18

DesertExplorer wrote:In fact, I believe that this can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

For example if it just happens to you and you cannot avoid it. But if you get in the process to try something like astral projection, you get in the process to learn countering yourself of entities on the astral world. With time I guess..

Thanks for answering to me!

Many including myself (and other occultists) will tell you the astral world "can" be dangerous, thing is I personally do not think you need to worry as most will never get themselves into trouble.

Those who get into trouble usually are doing something very stupid, Ive several times have got myself into trouble when doing something stupid. For example.. astrally dropping into someone's home who's into the occult and has a protected house without asking permission.. that's something stupid to do and which can get you into trouble as you could astrally get caught up in their wards. (which is quite scary. I was naive and did that without thinking or even knowing at the time the person had wards set up).

Generally on the astral plane.. treat it how you would your real life world.

eg 1/ Respect any beings you come across (I once got myself into trouble when I mocked a reptilian out there, they can get real nastry but at the time I thought they couldnt do anything to me! I was astral so in control.. right? Nope!! very wrong, You annoy beings like that, watch out. They will teach you a lesson.

2/ Dont believe strangers (beings) in astral plane just cause they tell you something etc etc. Things like that can go a long way in keeping someone safe out there.

3/ Things astrally dont always appear how they really are.. beings can "discuse" themselves.. something which appears angelic or a goddess.. isnt necessarily so.

Of cause if its just a LD you dont have to worry about this and can go around killing all the DCs, if you are astral though.. take care as harm could then come to you (thou powerful astral beings, you wont kill easy anyway).

If an astral projection just happens to you and you cant avoid it or even if you purposely caused it.. any harm is unlikely to come to you unless you are doing things you shouldnt be doing. So dont worry. Just be sensible if you think you are astral. Most people are more scared of the astral plane then they should be. Most beings in it are also weak and can be easily dealt with as they dont like confrontation.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2014 04:27

nesgirl wrote: There is one sure fire test no one has ever dared taken me upon. First of all, set up a really strong Full Spectrum Camera in a room, with the really high tech infrared vision (it has to have some of the higher levels available). This will allow this camera to peek into the invisible.

Do even those infrared cameras pick up the astral world? I havent heard they do or otherwise everyone would know of the other worlds ..sure a camera may pick up something occassionally or rarely but how common is that?? . So this experiment could only fail to experiment with a camera you'd have to have one which is fully capable of picking up all which is out there. No good doing an experiement which could only fail from the start.

If people want to experiment to try to prove to themselves that they may be getting something which is probably real, they need to experiment in other ways.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2014 04:52

Here's something you could do (it wont exactly prove things either way but it is interesting).. at a time you think you are having an OBE, try to get inside the White House. (those of us who've done this, tend to have the same kind of experience occur).

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 31 Dec 2014 03:48

taniaaust1 wrote:Here's something you could do (it wont exactly prove things either way but it is interesting).. at a time you think you are having an OBE, try to get inside the White House. (those of us who've done this, tend to have the same kind of experience occur).

Thanks!! If I ever have a FA again, I will try. Though I'm not sure if this could be any help for our fellow dreamers realise the difference. They have the right to say; "The rumour has already been implanted in the minds of people", and it may be true.

Have you ever felt these so called vibrations in a LD? This would really help people determine the difference between dreams and OBE if there is actually any.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Jan 2015 11:01

DesertExplorer wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Here's something you could do (it wont exactly prove things either way but it is interesting).. at a time you think you are having an OBE, try to get inside the White House. (those of us who've done this, tend to have the same kind of experience occur).

Thanks!! If I ever have a FA again, I will try. Though I'm not sure if this could be any help for our fellow dreamers realise the difference. They have the right to say; "The rumour has already been implanted in the minds of people", and it may be true.

No the white house one wont help people realise the difference, it can be interesting thou as even those who hadnt had this mentioned to them at all but off their own head thought about going there and tried.. interestingly I found we'd all had same kind of thing happen.

Have you ever felt these so called vibrations in a LD? This would really help people determine the difference between dreams and OBE if there is actually any.

I personally dont get vibrations just before a LD but then I often (thou sometimes do) dont get them before an astral projection either thou I do usually get some kind of energetic feel even if it isnt vibrations eg a loosening of my astral body, a build up of energy etc etc.

(Note in my own case .. as I was an energy worker/healer for years, I can feel some of the astral world all the time even right now while Im typing this I can feel my energy moving etc eg I can feel a line of energetic congestion going from my throat chakra, throu my neck and do thou a large part of my top of back, ending at a point around my kidney area. Of cause due to this I can also feel my energy shift when Im going to go out of body..my astral body starts to disalign etc)..

Things arent always a simple what's what.. eg once day I could feel like I was in the right state to have an OBE so I did a summersault out of my body to disconnect with my physical .. thing is I ended up straight into what instead what I could tell was a dream! (either that or something had impacted on the astral that day to which was not explainable to me. Ive found things which I shouldnt have found in the astral before but I ended up discovering why they were there, they were thought forms from my own daughter).

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Jan 2015 01:59

Where is the astral plane exactly?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 03 Jan 2015 13:54

Summerlander wrote:Where is the astral plane exactly?

Ha! Good one.. :D

Exactly down the road in front of your house. Ready to take off!! ;)

~David Gerrold

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 03 Jan 2015 16:10

No, seriously, if you think there is such a realm, where is it situated?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”