Hello!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
BrightBlack

Hello!

Postby BrightBlack » 27 Dec 2014 17:52

I've had absolutely no luck with lucid dreaming and I'm hoping to find a way to break out of that here.

My dreams are a bit different from what I gather to be normal. I am often not myself and the person I am has a very complete and detailed history that includes altered physics when that is relevant. The only reason I'm the slightest bit sure I'm actually awake right now is the long term continuity on this side of sleep. The other side is just as realistic as this reality so even asking 'Am I dreaming?' doesn't work.

The usual 'fixed' aspects don't seem to apply, either. I can read just fine, light switches work normally... Anything unusual has a rational explanation and nothing is consistently off.

It's extremely frustrating but I'm determined to break this pattern somehow. I have too many questions, too much interest in actively exploring to just let it go and remain a passive participant.

MercyStrange

Re: Hello!

Postby MercyStrange » 27 Dec 2014 21:53

I've had quite a few similar experiences(though not to that extent). In my first lucid dream I became aware I was dreaming because I had multiple fingers, but ever since My hands are normal, so I stopped using that reality check. I've come across many mirrors in my Lucid dreams, and I always appear normal, so that also doesn't work. Same for clocks, books, computers(anything with writing), they always seem normal and the letters/numbers don't change. But lately, I've been doing the WILD technique, so I wake up in the dream already aware I'm dreaming. Even in my WBTB lucid dreams, I now wake up in my dream already aware. Sometimes while I'm in a normal dream, My awareness comes from something being different. For example, if there is snow on the ground outside, and I end up outside and there is no snow on the ground, I realize I'm dreaming(This actually happened two weeks ago). My point is: Raise your awareness. Focus on details, such as something being different. My dreams are very realistic and vivid, but if your anything like me, There is going to be something different. Focus on details, so when you do a reality check, try saying "Am I dreaming?" and look around at all the details. What's different? Is there anything strange? Anything that shouldn't be there? Maybe something important is missing? You get the idea.
I hope this helps (:
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

BrightBlack

Re: Hello!

Postby BrightBlack » 28 Dec 2014 02:04

Not being myself is the biggest problem there. I have no real frame of reference for what might be different since everything is different and exactly as I remember it always being. I may be able to see altered details on the occasions I am me and in familiar territory but that's not at all common.

I saw mention somewhere while browsing of someone who painted 'You are dreaming' on the wall of their room so it would be prominent. I'm considering trying something like that.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”