Why won't he let me Lucid Dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Chrispy

Why won't he let me Lucid Dream?

Postby Chrispy » 14 Feb 2012 06:18

I've been lucid dreaming for about a year now and for the past year I've experienced, on average, at least three lucid dreams per week. However, recently something's changed and I'm unable to Lucid Dream anymore. It all started one night when I was in a Lucid Dream. I was in a mansion and all of the sudden the feel of the dream changed and someone walked into the room. It was a man that was dressed all in black and he simply said, "I can't allow you to come back here anymore."

I instantly woke up and didn't think anything of it. I just thought that somehow I had slipped out of being lucid. However, every time I've become lucid since that dream he's been there and instantly kills me and says that I'm not welcome there anymore.

I'm sure it's just a mental block I'm having or something, but has anyone else experienced this? It's frustrating and kind of creepy at the same time. :|
There is no spoon.

KylePK

Re: Why won't he let me Lucid Dream?

Postby KylePK » 14 Feb 2012 06:30

You need to beat his ass. You cannot allow your subconscious to block you. Its probably a defense mechanism to protect your conscious awareness from something within the depths of your being. Punch that guy in tha face!
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 14 Feb 2012 17:15

Actually, I'd call it more a "test" than a "block". Someone could be seeing if you're really wanting to delve deeper into the rabbit hole.

The solution is correct though... just bash on through whatever is in your way, whether it's diplomatically or with force. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 14 Feb 2012 21:05

Thanks guys, I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. It's just that he's pretty fast at beating me to the punch. But, as they say, mind over matter, right? ;)
There is no spoon.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Feb 2012 01:08

Sometimes I feel like I'm crashing a party when I LD, and wonder if I am supposed be there in the first place, especially considering how difficult it is. I think it's pretty easy to think you're an unvited guest.

In my opinion, this sounds like a self-imposed block of some kind, maybe based on your own belief that you shouldn't be there. I would suggest searching inside and try to flush that out. Good luck.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 15 Feb 2012 06:22

Ryan wrote:Actually, I'd call it more a "test" than a "block". Someone could be seeing if you're really wanting to delve deeper into the rabbit hole.

The solution is correct though... just bash on through whatever is in your way, whether it's diplomatically or with force. :)

WHO? Who other than himself?
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 15 Feb 2012 06:37

KylePK wrote:
Ryan wrote:Actually, I'd call it more a "test" than a "block". Someone could be seeing if you're really wanting to delve deeper into the rabbit hole.

That's the question. Some people tend to report these kinds of "tests" that get pressed upon them.

Robert Monroe and Tom Campbell are two such people. They actually had exactly the same "test" done to them at completely different points in their lives. They happened so far apart that neither knew of the others experience, yet they were exactly the same. You can do a bit of research to find it... I think Tom has it in his book, "My Big Toe". :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Feb 2012 15:36

Chrispy wrote:I've been lucid dreaming for about a year now and for the past year I've experienced, on average, at least three lucid dreams per week. However, recently something's changed and I'm unable to Lucid Dream anymore. It all started one night when I was in a Lucid Dream. I was in a mansion and all of the sudden the feel of the dream changed and someone walked into the room. It was a man that was dressed all in black and he simply said, "I can't allow you to come back here anymore."

I instantly woke up and didn't think anything of it. I just thought that somehow I had slipped out of being lucid. However, every time I've become lucid since that dream he's been there and instantly kills me and says that I'm not welcome there anymore.

I'm sure it's just a mental block I'm having or something, but has anyone else experienced this? It's frustrating and kind of creepy at the same time. :|

There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block...

Let that sink deeply in your mind. You created the barriers therefore you can break them. There are no barriers but the idea of them in your mind. Make the induction of a lucid dream fun. Remember how your past experiences were brought about. This helps too. Make induction fun and be confident that it will happen and that nothing will get in the way. If it doesn't, be content that you are making the necessary steps. One of the things that is mentioned in Michael Raduga's School of Out-of-Body Travel is that a practitioner should never allow a dream character to dictate what he/she should or should not do. Remember, you have the control. If it doesn't seem like you have control at the moment, you have the potential. Ask yourself if there is a part of you that fears that state. Is there a part of you that is afraid of lucid dreaming being detrimental to your health? Perhaps watching Insidious might have helped your subconscious to concoct a scenario like that...

Try programming. Don't obsess over the idea of having a lucid dream, but rather, remind yourself throughout the day that you would like to have one because it is fun. Don't do it constantly, every once in a while and definitely before bed time or before the time of induction. Have it as a desire in the back of your mind but not as a conscious obsession. Perhaps this is where that dream character is coming from...the part of you that may think that you need a break or that you shouldn't try so often...the part of you that may feel you need some control and not be addicted to lucid dreaming. I hope this makes sense and I sincerely hope it helps.

By the way, there is no shortage of techniques for entering, deepening, maintaing and managing the phase (OOBE/AP/LD) in Michael Raduga's practical guidebook.

Good luck! ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 16 Feb 2012 02:18

KylePK wrote:

I've always been my own worst enemy. lol :)
There is no spoon.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 16 Feb 2012 02:22

Summerlander wrote:There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block. There is no block...

Let that sink deeply in your mind. You created the barriers therefore you can break them. There are no barriers but the idea of them in your mind. Make the induction of a lucid dream fun. Remember how your past experiences were brought about. This helps too. Make induction fun and be confident that it will happen and that nothing will get in the way. If it doesn't, be content that you are making the necessary steps. One of the things that is mentioned in Michael Raduga's School of Out-of-Body Travel is that a practitioner should never allow a dream character to dictate what he/she should or should not do. Remember, you have the control. If it doesn't seem like you have control at the moment, you have the potential. Ask yourself if there is a part of you that fears that state. Is there a part of you that is afraid of lucid dreaming being detrimental to your health? Perhaps watching Insidious might have helped your subconscious to concoct a scenario like that...

Try programming. Don't obsess over the idea of having a lucid dream, but rather, remind yourself throughout the day that you would like to have one because it is fun. Don't do it constantly, every once in a while and definitely before bed time or before the time of induction. Have it as a desire in the back of your mind but not as a conscious obsession. Perhaps this is where that dream character is coming from...the part of you that may think that you need a break or that you shouldn't try so often...the part of you that may feel you need some control and not be addicted to lucid dreaming. I hope this makes sense and I sincerely hope it helps.

By the way, there is no shortage of techniques for entering, deepening, maintaing and managing the phase (OOBE/AP/LD) in Michael Raduga's practical guidebook.

Good luck! ;)

Wow, thanks for all the great advice! I know I can overcome whatever block I'v put on myself, it's just frustrating to have Lucid Dreamed for more than a year and then suddenly have to start from scratch. lol I'll definitely be checking out Michael Raduga's book! Thanks again for all your help!
There is no spoon.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”