Dream Character Won't Answer me

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
hectorjose

Re: Dream Character Won't Answer me

Postby hectorjose » 24 Dec 2014 18:50

I have had on quite a few occasions, Dream Characters that morph in front of my eyes, they just change appearance. There have been other times where I am expecting one to morph and they don't! I haven't figured out why this happens but like someone else who replied to this post said, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only that experiences this!
Last edited by hectorjose on 06 Jan 2015 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Dec 2014 19:06

I had one just yesterday, my own mother in the lucid dream, and I asked, "What's on your mind".
I think DC's are our subconscious so I was going to play the role of a self psychiatrist. She responded, "Nothing."

The next thing I knew she was gone. Didn't see it happen and must have skipped a thought. I figured, awell... and left to do my own thing.

This is extremely common for me, but do have good conversations with DC's (or thyself) from time to time.

So of course there is nothing to worry about or be concerned with as far as I'm concerned. I'm in the same boat. It all comes with the territory of being a lucid dreamer and "Dream Characters" are an enigma.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2014 05:14

She responded, "Nothing."

The next thing I knew she was gone. Didn't see it happen and must have skipped a thought. I figured, awell... and left to do my own thing.

You probably didnt miss a thought at all. The DC suddenly disappearing at that actually does make a lot of sense. The thought was "Nothing" ..even thou it was expressed as meaning nothing on her mind. The topic of "nothing".. is good at disappearing things in dreams. Its word connections.

eg someone may think or have a DC say something about death.. and then suddenly skeletons show up in the dream. Anyway in your case I think "nothing" made her vanish.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Dec 2014 07:17

There is certainly a link isn't there.

I must have looked away for a second and back again because I didn't notice her vanish. That's what I mean by 'skip a thought'.

I must have considered to myself, "What do you mean by, 'nothing'?" for just a second and then guess what, she was gone. I agree with your assessment.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 20 Jan 2015 21:37

It didn't take me long to learn to fly, but creating things (materializing) has been a hit or miss for me. One of my first lucid dreams, I wondered what I looked like, so I held my hand up, and a hand-held mirror materialized in my hand. I looked at myself (which looked just like a reflection would in waking life) and then threw the mirror...it dissolved before hitting the ground. I thought that was pretty cool and over the years I have been able to do similar things like that. When it comes to materializing DC's on the other hand, I have not had success. It is not an experiment I have tried much, but currently, it is my fascination and goal to become better at doing that.

The first couple lucid dreams, I could not fly...I would hover a couple feet in the air with arms outstretched, but just could not get very high off the ground. I some how just picked up how to do it, the more lucid dreams I had. I am hoping creating DC's will be similar!
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

shankarsitarman

Postby shankarsitarman » 06 Feb 2015 00:45

MercyStrange wrote:...But, Lol, I'll probably try some different things to get reactions from DC's, maybe just not that, :lol:

Maybe you should try sparking up a normal conversation with a DC. Try to earn his trust and befriend him. When/ if he becomes engaged in the conversation, say something like "did you know this is just a dream?" See how he responds. Then try telling him what YOU represent (make up some stuff if you have to), and then say "so what do YOU represent?"

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 06 Feb 2015 01:04

Definitely, will give that a try. I am always curious at the dream characters in my lucid dreams and would not mind going more in depth with my questions them. Usually I ask them if they are dreaming too, how they got there, or if they know who I am. I bet I can be more creative in my questioning though :)
― Chuang-Tzu

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Feb 2015 12:01

HAGART wrote:I had one just yesterday, my own mother in the lucid dream, and I asked, "What's on your mind".
I think DC's are our subconscious so I was going to play the role of a self psychiatrist. She responded, "Nothing."

The next thing I knew she was gone. Didn't see it happen and must have skipped a thought. I figured, awell... and left to do my own thing. .

I saw this old post of yours HAGART and had another thought over it of why she also may of just disappeared, this time in regards to possibly "mother" disappearing due to your intent. This thought is more odd then last I gave but Im still wondering if this yoo could of played part in mother DC disappearence.

The symbol "mother" to the subconciousness tends to represent someone wiser then ourselves, someone we could seek advice from, a leading role. As your intent was to play psychiatrist with a symbol "mother' which is like a kind of switch in roles, mother is no longer the wise one between you and the symbol, I wonder if that disintergrated the mother symbolism.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”