Where to go?

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

Where to go?

Postby SweetDublinr » 29 Dec 2014 09:29

Hey, I just joined this forum and was overwhelmed by the magnitude of content. I was hoping some more experienced users could tell me where to start, based on my background which is as follows. I've been lucid dreaming since I was very young. I think it first developed as a response to some repeating nightmares I was having. Nightmares haven't bothered me after that since I can just fly away to a better part of my dreamscape. I'm not always lucid in my dreams but I do often realize that I am dreaming and become lucid. Since this came naturally to me I always just assumed it was normal but I've never looked into controlling it better. I don't write a dream diary or do any planned reality checks. My lucid dreams are often very unstable, I think too hard and snap out of them, I just feel so alive when I lucid dream and I guess I get a bit too excited. I've been reading some descriptions here and many of you seem to have vastly greater control over your lucid dreams and even have them almost every night. I've had some experience with controlling the world around me. Creating items and manipulating landscapes to a small degree, but once I start doing that my dream usually doesn't last for long. According to this http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/levels-of-lucidity.html I think my level of lucidity is between fully lucid and semi-lucid although closer to semi-lucid. Getting to fully lucid dreams would be my end goal.
I'd love to try other types of lucid dreaming too. WILD seems fascinating and I've tried it a couple of times but I always fall asleep. I'm not really afraid of sleep paralysis since that has happened to me a few times and I've kind of gotten used to it.

Re: Where to go?

Postby HAGART » 29 Dec 2014 09:42

You are probably more advanced than you realize.
Just poke around and blab here and there and you will find out you went in a circle and be as equally confused as I, and everyone else, is because every thought poses another question. There is no 'expert' or 'master' lucid dreamer. ;)

I'm just saying it's a long road that will last a life time and there is no easy answer for me to give.

Hello, by the way!
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”