Trying Hard

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
buddingdreamer

Trying Hard

Postby buddingdreamer » 17 May 2011 12:33

I keep waking up at 4am and unable to go back to sleep, is this because my of will to Lucid Dream? Oddly enough the dream that I had before waking up was a reluctancy to grab my dream journal and write stuff down, rather I was satisfied to catch up lost sleep I lost on the previous day?

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Trying Hard

Postby Rebecca » 17 May 2011 23:15

Welcome to the forums.......... ;)

You shouldn't consistently lose any sleep over lucid dreaming - it's not only gonna make you sleep deprived but it's counter-intuitive to having dreams!

If you're laying awake thinking about things then your mind can't relax and you'll find it hard to go to sleep, so I suggest practicing some meditation when this happens. Just relax your body, focus on your breathing and keep your mind clear. Around 4am is also a good time to spend meditating and practicing the WILD or DILD methods, as this is around the onset of longer REM periods (depending on what time you went to bed).

But if it's too much of a distraction, just focus on getting sleep. You can always practice the lucid dreaming methods later in the morning when sleep is less critical. And if you don't want to write in your dream journal throughout the night, that's ok too, leave it till the morning (it's less effective but right now, sleep is more important and you need to establish techniques you can maintain and feel happy about. Learning to lucid dream shouldn't be torture!)

Dreamsphere

Postby Dreamsphere » 18 May 2011 03:07

During the school year with university, I sometimes had issues sleeping. Rebecca is correct, if your min is running you wont sleep. Lately, i just repeat "I will remember my dreams" and breath easy, eventually, I sleep.
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

buddingdreamer

Postby buddingdreamer » 24 May 2011 12:15

I am on my break, and determined to experience a Lucid Dream, I believe the cause of my disturbed sleep was stress and given that the Semester is over I have ample time to get Lucid.

I just have a few questions

I want to learn some new things in my lucid dream and ask some questions that I want answers to (about myself and some things which I have not understood from lectures) as well as practicing new skills such as a musical instrument, language, hard running and what not...my question is during the waking state doing these activities produces some real physical changes in the body, if I practice these events in the dream state am I likely to get the same real physical benefits?

Also - I just want to have some fun in my mind in the form of creative imagery, vivid 3D environments and plenty more that I am to discover during the dream state... :)

Return to “For Beginners”