Hello, Oneironauts!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
mardlverse

Hello, Oneironauts!

Postby mardlverse » 04 Jan 2015 03:27

Hi. My name is Don. I'm originally from Florida, though I relocated to Canada a little over two years ago. My day job is at an answering service, but I'm also an aspiring writer. I'm married, no kids, but with a handful of pets.

I have recently become re-fascinated in lucid dreaming. I have had bouts of lucid dreaming on and off throughout my life, including multiple cases of flying and being able to fight back against nightmares. In 1987 I purchased an issue of "Omni" magazine that had a pull-out section regarding lucid dreaming by Stephen LaBerge. I was too young to actively follow the instructions then and have since lost the magazine (and the online version of that issue is sadly missing the insert).

I recently re-watched "Inception", and I loved it more the second time around. A search online led me to a wealth of info about lucid dreaming, and here I am.

Basically, I am trying to become an active lucid dreamer for enjoyment purposes, but to also help nourish my creativity and to work out some issues I have with the way I relate to people and the way I learn information (I have been diagnosed with borderline Asperger Syndrome).

I'm starting with meditation and attempting lucid dreaming induction through the MILD technique first. Are there any pointers that anyone can give? I've been trying MILD for several days now, but so far the only result was a negative one: the first night I couldn't sleep because I was concentrating too hard on visualizing my target dream, I believe.

Anyway: thanks for reading this lengthy introduction! :lol:

Peter

Re: Hello, Oneironauts!

Postby Peter » 04 Jan 2015 18:08

Hi and welcome, lots of inspiration and experience here so you should get value. Looking forward to following your adventures

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

jasmine2

Re: Hello, Oneironauts!

Postby jasmine2 » 05 Jan 2015 04:34

mardlverse, welcome to the forum.
I suggest these good resources regarding lucid dreaming techniques.

- At this World Of Lucid Dreaming website - Home page - under "menu" - click "categories" for many informative articles by Rebecca Turner.

- Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

- Search - "Past LDE Articles" - Lucid Dream Exchange - dreaminglucid.com
Also, to left of article list, click on - "How to lucid dream" and "Interviews with lucid dreamers"

Good luck with your lucid dreaming adventures. - jasmine2

Return to “Introduce Yourself”