Dreaming of Lucid dreaming?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Miguel0811

Dreaming of Lucid dreaming?

Postby Miguel0811 » 04 Jan 2015 05:10

I havent woken up in Sleep Paralysis in almost a week. or Had any Dreams. But last night I had a really Wierd one.

Here is what Happen:

Its seems that I was dreaming that I had a Lucid dream. Or it could have been a Lucid Dreams. But I was in my room. I walked to the bathroom. flipped the light on, again it wouldnt turn on, so since that has already happen to me I knew I was dreaming. I didn't wake up in sleep paralysis this time. So i continued and did a reality check, I pinched my nose and I could feel my lungs fill up. So I was like Awesome ! I walked out of the bath room to the living room. my vision was blurry. Like if I had water in my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and thought OK your in a dream we can make it more vivid. you are in control. I Focused and got it clearer, or so I think I did. But then I went outside. and thought OK now that i'm here I really want to experience flying. So i Jumped and tried to fly but I just jumped and came back down like regular. So i thought hmm maybe im not in a dream. did the reality check again and pinched my nose and I could still breath through it. So i tried again and still nothing. just a regular jump. I thought this is weird why cant i fly. So i looked up and saw a tree branch and thought let me try to grab it. so i jumped and i could grab it although it was about 15 feet up. I was hanging from it then I let go and landed on my feet. and said ok let me try to fly again. but all I did was jump up high and land on my feet. then I don't remember waking up or doing anything else.

I didn't realize I had this dream until about 3 minutes of getting out of bed.

So I don't know what that was.

MercyStrange

Re: Dreaming of Lucid dreaming?

Postby MercyStrange » 04 Jan 2015 15:08

It was more than likely a Lucid dream. Sometimes they don't seem lucid, because they aren't always as clear and vivid as we expect, but they are, as long as that awareness hits you that "I'm in a dream". I've had dreams where I tell DC's about lucid dreams. Even had dreams where I try to tell my family I'm a lucid dreamer xD I've heard that's pretty common in less-experienced Lucid dreamers, and that's what I actually thought you meant by dreaming of lucid dreaming. However, you did a reality check, and everything, so I can't be certain... It sounds Lucid to me. Even that fuzziness in your eyes, that's common when you become fully lucid, and start to lose it (Happens to me in just about every lucid dream I've had so far). You concentrated which was good. Try rubbing you're hands together next time, and shouting "I'm dreaming" or "Clarity now!" (all tips I got from this website, by the way). It might make it easier to ground yourself in the dream, than just concentrating. I, myself, have a hard time concentrating in fully lucid dreams, because the possibilities are endless. So rubbing my hands together, etc., is pretty easy for me to remember. The first time tried that, it was actually one of the coolest experiences I had in a Lucid dream. It started raining when I did it, and the water flowed directly between my hands while I rubbed them together. I could feel this really soothing warmth and tingling sensation. It was pretty interesting xD
Anyways, sorry about rambling... Bottom line is, I believe it was a Lucid dream. And not realizing it till 3 minutes later: That's pretty normal for some people. Sometimes you're kind of not all the way awake, and your mind is foggy. Then once you have a few moments to wake up your mind remembers.
Hope that helps :)
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

Miguel0811

Postby Miguel0811 » 04 Jan 2015 17:11

Thanks for the reply. Its a weird feeling because when I usually remember a dream I know it was a dream, but this one was weird. I have no words to describe it. I just feel like it was Dream of lucid dreaming.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Miguel0811

Postby Miguel0811 » 04 Jan 2015 17:16

Now that I think of it. I wasnt 100% lucid or my recall isnt 100% correct. Because the scenery just changed from bathroom to living room to out side. From my memory at least. Although it is faint now that it has been a couple of days

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Jan 2015 19:49

This can happen a lot. I often have a lucid dream and then it turns non-lucid and don't even remember until after i wake up. There have been a few times when I wake up and I think, "Shucks! I didn't lucid dream last night. Ahwell, let's just sit back and recall what I can remember...."

Then it hits me! I DID lucid dream! It was awesome! But I don't remember much of it because the memory got buried by all the other non lucid dreams that came afterward. I remember afterward that I was aware in the present earlier, which is confusing, and why it can seem like it wasn't quite a lucid dream to you but it was.

A lucid dream is simply knowing you are dreaming and aware of it. Having blurred vision doesn't make it less lucid.... perhaps less vivid, but VIVID and LUCID are two separate things. Having 'lucid powers' like flying, telekinesis, or spawning pizza out of the floor, don't always happen in lucid dreams for me either and some days they work and sometimes they don't. But you are still lucid dreaming and in that phase state of mind.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Miguel0811

Postby Miguel0811 » 05 Jan 2015 07:08

Awesome thanks for the info. I hope I have another one soon. They just happen I have no luck trying to induce them. But I will keep trying.

Return to “For Beginners”