False Awakening or OBE?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Snaggle

Re: False Awakening or OBE?

Postby Snaggle » 03 Jan 2015 21:36

Summerlander wrote:Where is the astral plane exactly?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Summerland though I think the astral plane is just dreams kicking in I have some questions for you. How much does dark matter weigh or an atom? Is Obama Ebola really a reptilian as David Icke claims? The last question I sort of believe ;)
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

ILFlint

Postby ILFlint » 04 Jan 2015 05:23

"The hypothetical afterlife is highly unlikely and starts to look like a tenuous and contradictory proposition when we look at the evidence." to quote Enra Traz.

Many love to make the statement that evidence contradicts life after death being a reality. But there is no such evidence to contradict it, as Enra Traz and many others suggest. That it does not exist is simply their opinion, and like all opinions, it is based on their personal belief systems that have been ingrained through education, training, indoctrination.

Science can neither prove nor disprove the existence of an afterlife. We don't have the technology. And just because the general scientific community doesn't buy into a concept in no way negates the concept. Scientists can't even agree whether Earth is in a warming or cooling phase, and they have all kinds of data to come to that conclusion. So, please, stop referring to evidence that does not exist, hoping that people will buy into your perspective simply because you pretend to be approaching the topic scientifically. Quoting a scientist's opinion -- theory -- isn't scientific; it is simply the restatement of an opinion.

The Earth is flat; the Earth is the center of the universe; the universe is desolate except for Earth. And you want to use science to define your definitive perspective?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 04 Jan 2015 21:42

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 05 Jan 2015 01:53

Enra Traz wrote:No, seriously, if you think there is such a realm, where is it situated?

Yeah, seriously! ..I answered.

Well, this is some greatly advanced kind of trolling even for a time traveller. I can't imagine your face expressions while typing.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 05 Jan 2015 02:55

ILFlint wrote:"The hypothetical afterlife is highly unlikely and starts to look like a tenuous and contradictory proposition when we look at the evidence." to quote Enra Traz.

Many love to make the statement that evidence contradicts life after death being a reality. But there is no such evidence to contradict it, as Enra Traz and many others suggest. That it does not exist is simply their opinion, and like all opinions, it is based on their personal belief systems that have been ingrained through education, training, indoctrination.

Science can neither prove nor disprove the existence of an afterlife. We don't have the technology. And just because the general scientific community doesn't buy into a concept in no way negates the concept. Scientists can't even agree whether Earth is in a warming or cooling phase, and they have all kinds of data to come to that conclusion. So, please, stop referring to evidence that does not exist, hoping that people will buy into your perspective simply because you pretend to be approaching the topic scientifically. Quoting a scientist's opinion -- theory -- isn't scientific; it is simply the restatement of an opinion.

The Earth is flat; the Earth is the center of the universe; the universe is desolate except for Earth. And you want to use science to define your definitive perspective?

Where oh where have you been, my friend? I was waiting for someone like you to post.

I salute you! :D

I agree and I will tell another thing that crossed my mind reading your post; the truth is currently separated by everyone's thought about the subject and I personally believe evidence will be revealed in time (we may be wrong, we may be right, we may be close), but it will be only for us to discover that it is the means that will just make something already been seen stand out of all other previsions.

So, people asking about evidence seems as silly as it gets. Though, if they do it just to oppose to something, then I can't judge. Contrariwise, I like it! But we cannot have a further conversation.

Blake said; "What is now proved was once only imagined"..

I say that you can either sit down and wait for something to be proved by others like you or you can imagine what could it be. Someone or even you may prove one day that you were right.. or you were wrong and well, that is the game.

So, please do not tell me what cannot be, but tell me what could be, instead. Take the risk and do it! I can assure you it is fun and then we will have something to discuss. But of course, the choice is yours to take.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 05 Jan 2015 03:06

Snaggle wrote:

Summerland though I think the astral plane is just dreams kicking in I have some questions for you. How much does dark matter weigh or an atom? Is Obama Ebola really a reptilian as David Icke claims? The last question I sort of believe ;)

I love it when people answer with questions!! :D ;)

~David Gerrold

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 05 Jan 2015 03:14

nesgirl, could you please tell me why 12 dimensions? Has the number some meaning? I have heard it before, but I can't understand why this particular number.

~David Gerrold

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 05 Jan 2015 03:37

The evidence against the ridiculous afterlife notion has already been pointed out and scientific theories are not opinions either. Anyone who claims that this is so does not know that the word "theory" in science does not equate with our quotidian use of said word.

Now someone mentioned dark matter and atoms (attributes of physical reality whose effects can be observed and measured directly or indirectly) in the same breath as the fairytale concept of the astral plane. I do not know how much a WIMP or a single atom (Snaggle didn't even specify what type: hydrogen, sodium, uranium... what?) weigh - for I am not a physicist, but I am pretty sure calculations of such, whether theoretically a priori or a posteriori, can be researched. It has nothing to do with notions of astral projection and I am glad Snaggle recognises the phenomenon for what it is in actuality: just dreams.

Although the reptillians is just conspiratorial poop and more relevant to astral projection, or its source, than quantum physics. :-D

Science can demonstrate the afterlife to be extremely unlikely. Dualism is pretty much dead. So how it can disprove something that hasn't even been demonstrated in the slightest, hasn't even gone past the hypothetical mark to reach the heights of elaborate theoretical work in the realm of science (which qualifies it for testing), I don't know...

Some people here are misinformed and swimming in fantasy. So much so that what they require of the scientific community is equivalent to the following: disprove flying pigs. - To which we sceptics reply, "Well, look around you, what do you see?"

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 05 Jan 2015 04:18

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Jan 2015 10:48

Its everywhere.. its like a frequency, just like everything has its own frequency and things there are existing at a similar frequency, hence resonate to each other and can be seen while there. Think of everything existing on the same place .. (quatum physics).. it is there too.

Well that's my answer at this point of time, it could change in future.

Where are atoms? They are physical and they are everywhere in the physical. I think of astral being like that but not here.. a reflection of here upon it (once again the quatum physics coming into it).

Astral plane is inside of you, outside of you and throu you. (I once experienced a astral world in me which another could interact with too.. I had a forest in me).

But I expect you will find this response quite kind of wacked out lol.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”