Drowning Induced Lucid Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
MercyStrange

Drowning Induced Lucid Dream

Postby MercyStrange » 05 Jan 2015 15:54

Well, last night I finally had a lucid dream, after several weeks without one! But it was a little unnerving to be honest, as I've never had any 'nightmare' induced lucid dreams, or, as the title indicates, a drowning induced one. I was going after a serial killer, and for some reason, I had to jump into this seriously deep pond to find him. When i did, I found him on dry land, and safely got out of the water to go after him. Sadly, when I confronted him, He scared the living crap out of me, and I ran away D: I jumped into the water, and found that I couldn't get back up, because my body just kept swirling, and it seemed like the surface was too high. Being unable to breathe, I started taking forceful breathes, and when it wasn't painful and the water wasn't filling my lungs how i expected, I opened my eyes, and noticed that the water didn't bother my eyes either. I said "I must be dreaming" and when i heard my voice echoing(without the obvious water sounds that happens when you talk underwater), I knew i was. I forced myself to take more breathes, and the water felt... cold and sort of thick in a way. It still scared me to breathe it in, so i tried to focus on something else. I looked around me, and the water became clear, and so beautiful. I started focusing on that, and everything became calm, and i could breathe normally now. So, yeah, that was my first drowning induced lucid dream, or nightmare induced, whichever. Anyone else ever have experiences like this?
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

HAGART

Re: Drowning Induced Lucid Dream

Postby HAGART » 07 Jan 2015 06:27

Interesting DILD. (Drown Induced Lucid Dream). ;)

I'm not good at dream interpretation, but I don't think it's pure coincidence that when you got scared the water became turbulent. Think about that. :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2015 05:59

HAGART wrote:Interesting DILD. (Drown Induced Lucid Dream). ;)

I'm not good at dream interpretation, but I don't think it's pure coincidence that when you got scared the water became turbulent. Think about that. :ugeek:

Yeah the posters dream went turbulent due to the posters emotions in it. Most dreams follow a pattern of the persons thoughts or emotions helping manifest the dream (even non LDs), so one can kind of often predict what will happen next. eg got scared jumped in water while scared.. water is a subconscious symbol for "emotions", so water generally then will go choppy or rough or to a bad water situation which then can cause drowning.

I think he/she did a great thinking coming to clear thinking during such a dream. :) . Im not at all envious of never having a drowning induced LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 12 Jan 2015 22:20

Thanks for the input, It does make a ton of sense that my fear and the water becoming rough were connected. It was seriously unnerving, but in the end, it turned into a pretty interesting and enjoyable LD. My first LD that took place underwater. Counting that one, I've had three more lucid dreams (so, 4 in one week.) And that's a huge record for me. It seems like every time I overcome a fear, or learn something new, My Lucid dreams start coming in more frequently.
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”