nesgirl and Summerlander

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Re: nesgirl and Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Dec 2014 17:04

Nesgirl is not an enemy. And I am Enra Traz when my wife isn't. lol x

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 31 Dec 2014 23:26

The amazing part is how someones sexual / asexual / aromatic life choice draws in the masses of conformists to tell them what they are doing wrong. :roll:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Jan 2015 02:07

So far I had the last say in that debate. I'm beginning to believe I've said something irrefutable.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 04 Jan 2015 22:33

Enra Traz wrote:Animals are inferior to humans in every respect. And I will append that the more complex the organism, the higher the level of suffering. Sure, all living things should be spared of suffering, but if there is one species on this planet that deserves compassion, that is homo sapiens. We are so conscious and we understand so many things; our minds can be so noisy, so convoluted; our bicameral brains so slapdash and conflicting; our emotions so powerful as well as our bonds to everything we hold dear; our higher-order intentionalities sometimes plaguing, our many relationships begotten by a warped psychology and quirks that we did not pick - all these things which animals are incapable of even contemplating make me feel sorry for humankind.

You have never seen what animals go through, and the pain, misery, and suffering many people put them through. Why not march yourself into a humane society and see what some people do to the poor animals? Several siblings and I believe exactly the same thing, that animals are better companions and friends. I have heard very few stories of a cat or a dog actually attacking their owners in comparison to homicide episodes. Most of my family members believe that animals are part of the family and are never to be left alone, not as inferior servants like most others.

Our species doesn't always deserve compassion and does not deserve the trust like the cats and dogs earn. Why not think about all those times where they physically hurt each other, steal from each other, betray each other, rape each other, or commit murder? It is also because of this I don't believe there is a such thing as true love.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 05 Jan 2015 03:50

Animals are not capable of suffering as much as humans. The ones that come closest in potential are our cousins, the apes. This is determined by biology. Scientific fact. Humans do deserve compassion and praise for also caring about what happens to lower, inferior species. And it is plain to see that sometimes some of us get disproportionally sentimental insofar as imagining that animals are like us goes. Animals do not have human minds and couldn't give a toss if a human cries. They care about the humans that feed them and help them to survive simply because those humans are a prolific source.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 05 Jan 2015 04:41

Enra Traz wrote:Animals are not capable of suffering as much as humans. The ones that come closest in potential are our cousins, the apes. This is determined by biology. Scientific fact. Humans do deserve compassion and praise for also caring about what happens to lower, inferior species. And it is plain to see that sometimes some of us get disproportionally sentimental insofar as imagining that animals are like us goes. Animals do not have human minds and couldn't give a toss if a human cries. They care about the humans that feed them and help them to survive simply because those humans are a prolific source.

Animals are like us, and they are capable of suffering just like us. I've seen and observed how they behave psychologically, and just because they aren't technologically advanced like we are doesn't mean they cannot think, feel, or behave in a similar way. And the way that people treat them is despicable, and I will never forgive those who abuse animals just because they find them inferior. You may find that okay in your head for people to treat them that way, but I don't. I believe animals should be treated exactly like a member of the family as soon as they are adopted, and my family and I treat them exactly as such. I treat animals outside of my family as friends. Simply put, animals are easier to get along with, and will never criticize you for anything, no matter what.

On the contrary, my cats come to me all the time when I start having a mood swing and will start meowing at me. If I get overemotional or sick, they will jump right in my lap and they will start nuzzling my face. To say my cats have no emotions at all is wrong. My cats and I care a lot about each other. And one of them talks to me every day. Also I talk to animals outside of my house and befriend them. And they don't run away from me or look at me weird. Some of the cats and dogs at the humane society are just glad to have someone who wants to be their friend.

And if you don't think they have emotions, why not look at this video and tell me this dog didn't have emotions for his friend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC5DXGIC8s8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjSEv3Bki18
Oh and you'll love this one....This "romantic cat" is upset because his Girlfriend got hit by a car (why you neuter your cats):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaP7STV1aFs
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 05 Jan 2015 05:08

Enra Traz wrote:Animals are not capable of suffering as much as humans. The ones that come closest in potential are our cousins, the apes. This is determined by biology. Scientific fact. Humans do deserve compassion and praise for also caring about what happens to lower, inferior species. And it is plain to see that sometimes some of us get disproportionally sentimental insofar as imagining that animals are like us goes. Animals do not have human minds and couldn't give a toss if a human cries. They care about the humans that feed them and help them to survive simply because those humans are a prolific source.

Ironically I've seen lots of recent studies showing how Dogs are far more psychologically similar to us than many of or primate relatives. You might wanna check this out..... http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29895614/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/dogs-not-chimps-most-humans/
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 05 Jan 2015 11:06

@nesgirl: "Animals are like us and they are capable of suffering just like us. I have seen and observed how they behave psychologically..."

Examine what you've just said.

@ buildit: "...far more psychologically similar..."

I rest my case. You wanna compare psychology, the field where many disagree and based on observing behaviour which can be interpreted with unnesessary sentimental biases, with biology and ecology?

Just compare the human brain to that of a dog. We are also only one chromosome away from chimps. Some can even exhibit the basics of sign language. A chimp can learn way faster than a dog and far more complex tasks. Dogs are smart by irrational animal standards, I grant them that much (they are better than pigeons).

I rest my case.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 05 Jan 2015 18:57

I honestly get that you don't care that much for animals, and you have no empathy for animals, specifically those who get abused in some horrible way. I dare to say maybe you may even consider treating an animal that way because you feel they are inferior to you and you get your kicks out of seeing animals getting hurt or brutally killed in some way (why not play this game if animal abuse satisfies you so much?: http://www.addictinggames.com/funny-games/kittencannon.jsp) .

But don't be giving others grief who consider animals to be part of the family or friends.

BTW, our species may be smart, but most of our species don't know how to treat each other and often how to treat an animal (Why are so many animals becoming extinct? It is our fault for killing them, and destroying their land.) . Explanatory on why we have wars, why our species bullies, abuses, murders, etc.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Jan 2015 20:39

How acknowledging that animals are inferior to people is the same as not caring for them, or equivalent to incurring cruelty on them, I don't know.

I said, "Animals are not capable of suffering as much as humans." nesgirl and buildit read, "Animals don't suffer therefore we can be cruel to them." I also recall saying that we should spare them any suffering even if they can never comprehend the extent to which human beings suffer, in their current languageless form.

A child is also inferior to an adult in many ways. By nesgirl's standards I guess we should take pleasure in kicking them and have no compassion or empathy for them.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”