Hello and goodnight

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
adriansalamand

Hello and goodnight

Postby adriansalamand » 04 Jan 2015 23:14

I've just registered, so I would like to say hello and introduce myself.
Originally from Yorkshire in England, I've been living in France for the last 20 years.
I've only had one lucid dream, which happened some 18 years ago. It was so realistic that at first I thought I was awake and back in England. As this was not my everyday location, I wondered if I was actually dreaming, so to find out I tried to move a rock on the ground into my hand using telekinesis. It leapt into my hand so fast, I was amazed. Then I made a big mistake. I wondered about how to wake up from this "place". Quite quickly I lost control of the dream and got chased by several people. I didn't even know if I still lived in France or now lived in England, but it became crucial for me to find out, as if my choice would be where I would wake-up. Every time I turned round to see the chasing pack, strange things would happen like seeing people falling out of trees. Eventually I ran into a familiar park in my home town of Huddersfield, and immediately I knew that I lived in France. But I still couldn't wake-up, I had to zoooooooom to the ticket office, get on a coach and zooooooooooooom back to the Dordogne, to the camp-site where I was working, to wake up drenched in sweat. The whole trip took about 2 seconds!
Funnily enough, about 2 weeks later I got sacked and nearly had to go back to England! But I landed on my feet and the next day became the painting student of a local artist. I still haven't been back to England for over 18 years now.
About a year ago, I came across several lucid dreaming websites and discovered that there are several techniques to learning how to trigger them. After trying MILD a couple of times, I felt that it wasn't my cup of tea, so I bought several lucid dreaming aids, namely, galantamine, choline, 5-HTP, alpha GPC, DMAE, L-theanine, melatonin, B-6, and valerian root. I timidly experimented with small doses of some of the above list using the WBTB technique, but either found it too difficult to find sleep, or re-awoke on the threshold of a lucid dream!
I decided to wait until things are quiet here before experimenting again. I live and work in a touristic town, buzzing in Summer, it goes into hibernation in Winter.
Working as an artist, I would like to explore the coded world of alchemy (as in spiritual evolution). My goal is to ask questions about alchemical symbols and their meaning. I wish to paint a series of oil canvasses on the theme of spiritual evolution, the keys I hope to find during lucid dreams.
A vegetable can understand the theory of relativity just as well as a human being can understand GOD.

jasmine2

Re: Hello and goodnight

Postby jasmine2 » 05 Jan 2015 04:15

adiansalamand, Welcome to the forum.
I recommend the following interesting resources.

Regarding lucid dreaming techniques -
- On this world-of-lucid-dreaming website - Home page - under "menu" - click "categories" - for many informative articles by Rebecca Turner.

- Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

- Search - "Past LDE Articles" - Lucid Dream Exchange - dreaminglucid.com
Also, to left of the list of articles, click - "How to lucid dream" and "Interviews with lucid dreamers"

Regarding psycho/spiritual alchemy -
- Book - "The Practice Of Ally Work" - by Jeffrey Raff

- Book - "Jung and the Alchemical Imagination" by Jeffrey Raff

- Wikipedia article - "Marie-Louise von Franz"
The author, a close collaborator with Carl Jung, wrote several insightful books on psycho/spiritual alchemy.

Best wishes - jasmine2

adriansalamand

Postby adriansalamand » 05 Jan 2015 23:11

Thank you Jasmine, I appreciate your help! Carl Jung isn't the easiest reading I've ever done (I'm currently struggling with "psychology and alchemy") and waiting for "the red book" to arrive. So I'm very interested to read about Jung through other authors! I'll let you know how I get on.
Best wishes,
Adrian
A vegetable can understand the theory of relativity just as well as a human being can understand GOD.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 06 Jan 2015 00:09

Welcome!! I hope you'll stay..

I'm wishing you good luck and finding what you wish for. :D
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

adriansalamand

Postby adriansalamand » 11 Jan 2015 19:40

Thank you desert explorer! Best wishes on your quest too.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 13 Jan 2015 02:03

Let us know of your progress, uh?
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Return to “Introduce Yourself”