Strange Sleep Paralysis Last Night.....

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Strange Sleep Paralysis Last Night.....

Postby HAGART » 09 Feb 2012 04:37

I felt a familiar feeling. My body went limp and completely relaxed. Then I began to sink. Sometimes I hear the buzzing or ringing sound, but not this time. I almost got too excited and felt my self rising back, but I remained calm and sank further. It truly feels like you sink a little, about a foot or so. I am familiar with that, and sometimes I ride it into a very strange, vivid place and remain lucid.

However this time, I was pulled out of bed feet first, as though something was dragging me. I didn't feel anything grip me, and I didn't sense an evil presence... which has happened in the past and shocks the hell out of anyone. But it was just a 'force' and I wasn't scared so I just let this 'force' take me. I was dragged to the floor, and was aware of my surroundings like a false awakening. But I was like a rag doll. The 'force' started to push me and I was limp and contorted into a few weird positions. Then I felt myself float. I raised, slowly, to the ceiling and stopped, unable to pass through. The ceiling was solid. Then I felt the force tow me through a doorway to another room and I stopped at a wall, unable to pass through. I was towed back the the original room again, and I was pushed against a window, but couldn't pass through the glass the way I, and most can, in a normal lucid dream.

Finally, I decided to just use the door. For the first time I took control. I floated to the door, and opened it. Now I was in complete control like a lucid dream, but within the confines of my house/backyard (or a dream version of it.)

SO IT WAS KIND OF LIKE A SLEEP PARALYSIS, OUT OF BODY, FALSE AWAKENING, LUCID DREAM!
They are all unique and yet connected.

I don't know what my point is. I guess it's to see if anyone else has similar feelings. Even if it is short-lived. For example, a week ago I fell out of my body on to the floor beside my bed, but I couldn't get up. I wouldn't call it a full blown out of body experience but it is an experience of some sort..... and strange!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

fyrespryte

Re: Strange Sleep Paralysis Last Night.....

Postby fyrespryte » 13 Feb 2012 02:06

Wow, I wasn't expecting to read about your experience which was EXACTLY like several dream experiences that I had a few years ago. During a particularly emotional upheaval in my life I had a series of dreams that were sleep paralysis/false awakenings...but where it felt like I was grabbed by my feet/lower legs, and that something...not necessarily something scary, was trying to drag me out of bed/through the wall at the end of my bed. Mine were not lucid dreams...I didn't have any control whatsoever...but they were the strangest thing. Felt totally otherworldly. Strange to hear that someone else experienced that as well.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 13 Feb 2012 05:34

HAGART wrote: SO IT WAS KIND OF LIKE A SLEEP PARALYSIS, OUT OF BODY, FALSE AWAKENING, LUCID DREAM!
They are all unique and yet connected.

BAM! Right there. :)

They are all most definitely connected. You can add in Dreams too.

A lot of people use Sleep Paralysis as an exit point (Launch pad) for projecting. When you're in paralysis, what's going on usually is that your mind is awake, but your body is fast asleep. What does that sound like to you?

Mind Awake/Body Asleep. :)

You handled it well. And you had a projection. Congrats!
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Feb 2012 01:39

fyrespryte,

I'm glad I shared my experience because I knew someone must have had a similar one. We may not be aware or lucid at the time, but our brains are basically all the same. Our minds however.... and what we think is who we are... that is different. It's hard for me not to be existential... But the BRAIN IS PART OF THE BODY and our BRAIN IS NOT OUR MIND OR SPIRIT! It is merely an organ. (I think I just blew my own mind right there....) :shock:

Ryan wrote:A lot of people use Sleep Paralysis as an exit point (Launch pad) for projecting.

I wonder if projecting is the same as 'Astral Projection'. I am an open minded skeptic. IT FEELS SO REAL. SO real in fact when I get it ( and it is based on my house (false awakening but lucid)), I try to leave myself a note or place something in an arrangement that I will recognize when I awaken.... but when I wake-up, I realize just how foreign the world was, even if it was based on my house or 'what I am consciously aware of'. (Mind Awake as you call it)

Sometimes lucid dreams are very deep in a dream world and other times, usually close to waking, they happen 'close to home, or close to bed'.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 15 Feb 2012 03:08

HAGART wrote: I wonder if projecting is the same as 'Astral Projection'. I am an open minded skeptic. IT FEELS SO REAL. SO real in fact when I get it ( and it is based on my house (false awakening but lucid)), I try to leave myself a note or place something in an arrangement that I will recognize when I awaken.... but when I wake-up, I realize just how foreign the world was, even if it was based on my house or 'what I am consciously aware of'. (Mind Awake as you call it)

Sometimes lucid dreams are very deep in a dream world and other times, usually close to waking, they happen 'close to home, or close to bed'.

I believe that dreams, lucid dreams and astral projections are all the same experience... what differs is how consciously aware you are during the experience.

This post I made in the early days of my website explains my position:
Dreams, Lucid Dreams and Astral Projections/OBEs all happen within the same area of consciousness. Robert Monroe labeled this area “Focus 22”. This is the area of consciousness that I believe most people refer to when they use terms such as “The Astral”. I also believe that the “Real Time Zone” or what most people call the “Real Time Zone” also has its origins here, but I’ll explain more about that in another post.So if Dreams, Lucid Dreams and Astral Projections/OBEs are all the same experience how do you explain away the distinct differences between them? Well, it’s simple… what differentiates them from each other is how consciously aware you are during the experience.

I also prefer using the Terms “Physical” and “Non-Physical” to describe the realities we find ourselves in.

It goes kind of like this:

* A Dream (remembered or not) is basically when you are unaware that you are sleeping. Your consciousness has phased into the non-physical, but it has done so unaware of this. This happens to you pretty much every night of your life that you have gone to bed to have a good night’s sleep.
* A Lucid Dream (always remembered, even in some limited fashion) is a Dream where the only thing you are aware of is that you are dreaming. You might not have knowledge of your physical body. You have some waking consciousness. You don’t generally have much in the way of critical faculties.
* An Astral Projection/OBE (again, always remembered, even in some limited fashion) is where you have brought forth your FULL waking conscious awareness. You are fully awake and aware that you are within the non-physical and your physical body is in your bed, fast asleep.

So you can see that there isn’t much difference between the three experiences. All happen in the same area of the consciousness continuum, it’s your own personal area of consciousness that nobody else has access to. It’s an area set aside just for you!

It’s from this area that you have access to all of your closely held belief constructs. You also have access to all of your memories that you’ve collected over the course of your current life. Also, with a bit of control over your Emotions and Thoughts (as these are what are providing the fuel for what you see and experience around you) you will be able to leave your personal area and move into what I call the “Collective Consciousness” areas, but more on that later.

http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/08/31/dreams-lucid-dreams-and-astral-projections%E2%80%A6-what%E2%80%99s-the-difference/

I sum them all up as "projections". A False Awakening would be a non-physical experience with a dream awareness. Not a "dream", but you having a "dream awareness". :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Feb 2012 13:05

I agree.

It all depends on how aware you are of... what I call... 'waking reality'

'waking reality' = who you think you are, what you have to do in the upcoming day, all that troubles you.... everything that comes flooding back in the few seconds after awakening....

Sometimes I lose myself in the dream, although lucid and aware, and other times, I am too aware of who I am and it changes things. Sometimes to the point of waking up and other times, I almost wake up as I described and also everything in between.

It sounds convoluted to most but in this forum I think people understand.

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 15 Feb 2012 14:14

I absolutely agree with both of your last posts. I am a skeptic of "projecting" one's self as well. However, I have also experienced it, to a point. While attempting WILD (and I believe I may have actually drifted to sleep for a moment) I suddenly became hyper-aware of my thoughts and state of mind. My body felt like a single organ or unit of organic material with no distinct limbs or parts( as best as I can describe). I felt as though I was floating just above my sheets and the sensation was totally new, so I went with it and began to analyze what I was feeling. I determined that I was most likely asleep, or in a state of extreme relaxation and concentration. The idea of attempting to float away from "myself" came to me, and I believed I could have experienced that if I wished. It was much like a lucid dream except just more awareness of "me" instead of the dreamscape or dreaming experience. Interesting stuff.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 16 Feb 2012 02:10

Sounds terrifying
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Feb 2012 20:29

Worldenterer1 wrote:Sounds terrifying

The only thing terrifying is your avatar picture! :lol:

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”