Was this the start of a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Richard

Was this the start of a lucid dream?

Postby Richard » 07 Jan 2015 12:50

I've had some trouble on dream recalling, which is the first basic step to start lucid dreaming, but I've been working on that, and started to write down the dreams I could remember immediatly after I awoke.

So last night, at 2:30 am, my oldest daughter started calling out for me, because she had had a nightmare, so I went to her, comforted her and finally told her to go back to sleep.

I also went back to bed, and thought it would be a perfect time to try out the WILD technique. So I lay down to bed, and imagined myself walking down a 10 step stairway. Normally I would have to open the door at the end myself, but not this time. I felt myself getting pulled through the door, and after that felt like getting pulled through a thick kind of water. Before I was out I was awakened again by my daughter standing beside my bed because she couldn't sleep. Since this was my first time experiencing this I won't repeat what I was thinking at that moment. I couldn't repeat that experience again last night.

I am wondering if this was actually the start of a lucid dream. Can anyone confirm this?

torakrubik

Re: Was this the start of a lucid dream?

Postby torakrubik » 08 Jan 2015 04:40

If you weren't consciously generating what you experienced, I'd say this was hypnogogia getting stronger...you were nearly there!
Dreaming is my drug

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 08 Jan 2015 05:18

This was definitely hypnagogia which is the first stage of a WILD whether or not you generate it yourself.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Jan 2015 09:53

Seeing your visualisation was getting things in it which you werent actually thinking, if you were still aware that your real body was on the bed (eg lucid) but feeling like you were being pulled elsewhere and can feel yourself elsewhere.. yes that is the start of a lucid dream. You were at the start of a WILD. This would of probably deepened till you were fully there and had all senses in other place.

Your daughter disturbing you, may of helped you to remember this starting to happen, seeing you have issues with dream recall.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”