Lucid Dreaming On The News

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
jazzy_turnip

Lucid Dreaming On The News

Postby jazzy_turnip » 07 Jan 2015 10:04

Yep, that's right. I was watching the news this evening and on came a story about controlling your dreams. They said it helped people with nightmares, assisted people with things such as speaking after they'd had a stroke, and all these other benefits. They way they talked about it was strange though, they didn't really mention how you do it, and they made it seem like something everyone can do. Of course, everyone can do it, but it takes practise. This story made it seem like you could lucid dream tonight if you wanted to. I wonder how many people will wake up tomorrow morning disappointed.

Thoughts?
Are dreams just a dream within a dream? -Dream Character

torakrubik

Re: Lucid Dreaming On The News

Postby torakrubik » 08 Jan 2015 04:47

Nice that lucid dreaming is, albeit slowly, getting more mainstream exposure...however I hope the news do not perpetuate the common misconception that lucid dreaming is controlling your dreams, when in fact control has nothing to do with it...a pet hate of mine :P
Dreaming is my drug

buildit

Postby buildit » 08 Jan 2015 05:43

torakrubik wrote:Nice that lucid dreaming is, albeit slowly, getting more mainstream exposure...however I hope the news do not perpetuate the common misconception that lucid dreaming is controlling your dreams, when in fact control has nothing to do with it...a pet hate of mine :P

I assume you mean that dreams can be Lucid without someone having control? I'm unaware of anyone who controls a dream without being lucid. ;)

On another note, leave it to the news to make Lucid Dreaming sound like something you can order from the online store. Think you can guarantee Lucid dreams for $9.99 and free shipping? Dream On! :lol:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 08 Jan 2015 20:37

buildit wrote:
torakrubik wrote:Nice that lucid dreaming is, albeit slowly, getting more mainstream exposure...however I hope the news do not perpetuate the common misconception that lucid dreaming is controlling your dreams, when in fact control has nothing to do with it...a pet hate of mine :P

I assume you mean that dreams can be Lucid without someone having control? I'm unaware of anyone who controls a dream without being lucid. ;)

That's right :P
Dreaming is my drug

buildit

Postby buildit » 08 Jan 2015 22:46

I used to help tech Tae Kwon Do, you know how many hyper 8 to 12 year old kids I have dealt with who thought yelling some incantation and throwing their arms to their sides would make them a master of the martial arts? So it is with Lucid Dreaming it seems. How many people have asked on line, "Hey, I just heard about this Lucid Dreaming and want to try it. Can someone tell me how to control my dreams like I'm in the movie inception or the matrix?" :roll: Seems there should be some sort of test the should pass to prove they are serious, like the boiling pot that had to be moved from one pedestal to the the other like in the old TV show Kung Fu. :lol:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 09 Jan 2015 18:27

I know you will hate me, but you can control dreams without being lucid. And video-games are a part of this achievement. I will find the study and post it.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 09 Jan 2015 18:30

http://www.livescience.com/6521-video-gamers-control-dreams-study-suggests.html
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”