Need halp ._.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lucidfailing

Need halp ._.

Postby lucidfailing » 14 Feb 2012 23:59

When i get woken up real early in the morning to go to school i usually fall right back asleep and while i dream i dream of doing everything i usually do in the morning--im consiously controlling all my actions i just dont know its a dream, how do i realize im dreaming when i do this and possibly become lucid?

lucidinthe sky

Re: Need halp ._.

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Feb 2012 00:28

My suggestions are: do lots of RCs and believe you could be dreaming at any time. Repeatedly tell yourself before you go to sleep that the next time you are doing anything, you will be dreaming. You can go through each thing you usually do one at a time. The next time I do X, I will be dreaming, The next time I do Y, I will be dreaming. Etc.

Believe you will succeed. Change your name because you're not going to fail anymore. I told myself I would have one more dream this morning and it would be lucid. It worked. Good luck and don't give up!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Gooeymaw

Re: Need halp ._.

Postby Gooeymaw » 15 Feb 2012 02:21

Ha, I used to do the same thing when I was going to middle school and then high school. At the time we had to wake up at 6 to get to the bus stop by 7. It was hell. At least here in Florida they finally realized teenagers need more sleep (DUH) and started school later.

I also experienced a great deal of false awakenings and stuff. However sometimes all the regular stuff I did sometimes came with a touch of the bizarre. Like I would wake up and the house would be decorated for Christmas, or the kitchen floor would look different that usual, or mom would serve steak and mashed potatoes for breakfast with a glass of lizards, eventally I began to recognize when I was dreaming, but it was really really hard. Maybe worse for me because at the time I had chronic insomnia, so I was really over tired most of the time. It might be easier for you if you get to bed earlier, and get like 30 minutes extra sleep.

I find that when I am too tired even when I DO realize I am dreaming, and when I do wake up all I will remember is that I was lucid, but can't remember any details.

At the time I didn't know how to communicate that I had trouble sleeping. I figured that it was just my problem and nothing could be done about it, but now I take medicine to help me fall asleep, so I am not over tired anymore (at least not usually) and I have way better recall.

Return to “For Beginners”