nesgirl and Summerlander

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
deschainXIX

Re: nesgirl and Summerlander

Postby deschainXIX » 08 Jan 2015 21:02

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/01/hitchens200701

(To explain my comment about Hitchens.)
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Jan 2015 21:07

Yea, there would have been a bigger backlash if there were more women in this thread without a morbid sense of humor like, nesgirl.

I once likened women to marsupials because they carry everything but the kitchen sink in their purses, and believe it or not, it doesn't go over well... but it can if you word it right or say it in a charming way.

Here's some comedy that I wish I could get away with but need Bill Burr to speak for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWhZ2XS08aQ

Summerlander and Nesgirl already argued about that Vanity Fair article in the "Random Link Show" thread. They are like a married couple and I think they're running out of things to argue about! :lol: (I'll put my glasses on and wait for the backlash!) 8-)
Last edited by HAGART on 08 Jan 2015 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 08 Jan 2015 21:24

I thought it was pretty funny. Then again, I laugh at most things, even things that aren't particularly humorous. My life philosophy is to laugh with all the insanity I can muster at the world and perhaps it and its subjects will all seem not quite as terrible as they are.
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Jan 2015 21:27

There are some great commediennes out there but a woman often has to make more effort to be funny than a man. This isn't being sexist, nesgirl, it's just stating facts whuch is backed by scientific evidence as the Hitch pointed out in the link deschainXIX posted. Men and women's brains differ. This isn't the same as saying that one is superior and the other inferior. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for egalitarianism but the truth is that we are biologically different.

One could even say that women are emotionally superior to men (generally speaking) but that doesn't mean that men emotionless either. Men tend to be naturally funny because they evolved that way as many women like their men to be funny (humour can tickle them to arousal but I don't expect you to understand this). :-D

On the other hand, men do not require women to be funny. Their physical appearance is often enough to get their hearts pumping faster. But women can try to be funny if they want to. It might provide a different experience. Some men are aroused by women dressed up as clowns... recent fetish maybe. See? Sex can be so colourful... and dark too. ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Jan 2015 21:28

I keep editing my posts all the time. I don't know why, but I'm never happy with how I word things and always want to add or change it. That's HAGART for ya! I won't change either.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 08 Jan 2015 21:44

That was already posted on here? Sorry, everyone! (Yeah I almost missed your edit.) I'm the same way except I don't really see the point in arguing with nesgirl anymore. It's not a matter of pragmatic or rational discourse with her; it's never a matter of the facts.

What Summerlander pointed out is a problem I've always had with the idea of perfect equality. What does that even mean? There are undeniable biological differences between males and females of any species, and humans are in no way discounted from that principle.
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 08 Jan 2015 21:44

Almost everything depends on the mood I am currently in. My mood swings will ultimately depend on if I view something as funny or not one day. If I am in an angry mood, then I will obviously be quick to argue or lash back. If I am in a hyper mood, then I will be turning things into Black Comedy and may be playing devil's advocate (jokes might get a bit on the mean side). Obviously if I cannot control my mood, then obviously things may not appear funny one moment and hilarious the next. Just like in this Tangled cartoon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awvSykRdR4s

Oh and BTW, Summerland is already married, and his wife wouldn't like it too well if you mentioned that to her.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 08 Jan 2015 21:48

His wife would probably be fine with it. She probably has a SENSE OF HUMOR. :o :D
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Jan 2015 21:58

She's laughing her head off! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Jan 2015 21:59

Here I thought I was going to offend nesgirl with that 'romantic' comment, but never thought of how I would offend Enra Traz! It's hard for me to figure out how nesgirl will react to things, but I understand why and your mood will change from time to time and it's fine with me. Be yourself.

deschainXIX wrote:That was already posted on here? Sorry, everyone!

It was back in the summer in a different thread and besides it was Summerlander who brought it up again.

Yes, men and women are biologically different which in turn affects behavior. And just like personalities, there is no best or worst and each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Not equal, and yet we are all basically the same too. The differences are so minor, I imagine to an alien race we all just look like penguins and they probably have their version of Morgan Freeman narrating a documentary about us right now. We all look the same to them and don't understand why we bicker about the smallest details.

Return to “Off-Topic”