nesgirl and Summerlander

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Re: nesgirl and Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Jan 2015 22:08

We are all emotional conscious beings and this should be enough to make us kind and considerate towards one another or to have minimal empathy in the least. We are all equal in the sense that we are sentient. We all tend to forget this and focus on differences that should be considered petty but there you go. And then again some of us have a hard time being civil and lean towards a proclivity for being antisocial and unfeeling - like psychopaths for example - but these too can be helped to blend in and live fulfilling lives (while we don't have a proper cure for their encumbering nature).

Btw, sorry to bringing up Hitch's amusing Vanity Fair work again. :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Jan 2015 23:20

Having no topic in the title, this thread can go anywhere and it's a good place for us 'Off-Topic' people to discuss anything. I have a feeling this thread may rival the "Megaman Discussion" someday.

Where was I? Oh yea, babies are stupid, nesgirl and Summerlander might as well be married, and men and woman are not equal....

That sums up everything offensive I've said thus far. :mrgreen:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 08 Jan 2015 23:32

Hopefully we can make a semi-serious thread that rivals Megaman--perhaps that would allow us to take ourselves a little more seriously. :lol: I think an easy way to kill a thread, however, is to question the purpose and validity of its existence as opposed to continuing the conversation.

Babies are in fact stupid! It is one of the universe's greatest mysteries--why are people offended when you point that out? And maybe Summerlander and Traz and nesgirl could have a polyamorous sort of group marriage.

One of the things about the sexual equality thing I've always found rich is how women insist upon being equal in every dimension--except in romantic dynamics. Women still expect the man to propose, the man to hold the door open, the man to carry the heavy bags, the man to do everything that he is considered "better equipped" to handle. And if you don't do all of those things you're misogynistic or "unmanly." It's just funny how modern feminists can't seem to make their minds up about anything.
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Jan 2015 23:45

Babies are very stupid. I yell at at them and say, "What's wrong with you? You thought the ball disappeared just because I put a blanket over it? What's the matter, you don't have Object Permanence or something?!" And then they just giggle, not understanding basic language skills. If that's not stupid, I don't know what is. I saw my cousin's 6-month-old baby a few weeks ago and he was just crawling around and looking at things, picking them up and sticking them in his mouth! Does he have no concept of microbiology and the immune system? He couldn't even stand on his own two legs. Pfft! What an idiot!

As for the courtship and mating rituals of us humans, I will NEVER UNDERSTAND WOMEN! They say one thing and then want another.
"I'm a strong, independent woman!", one day.
"Why didn't you open the door for me?!", the next.

It's so confusing for my simple, straight forward, male brain to comprehend.

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 09 Jan 2015 02:11

Ok, it's official! May this thread rival MegaBullshit! This one will be more interesting too! :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 09 Jan 2015 03:07

Babies aren't really that stupid, just underdeveloped. Also compared with a newborn kitten, they are a heck of a lot smarter. Newborn kittens can't even relieve themselves without their mothers helping them be able to do so. When the brain is that small, you can't really expect to develop much until that brain grows bigger.

As for how females behave, it ultimately depends on the female you talk to, and depends on how much shape they are in. I really hate having the door being held for me BTW, it is demeaning.

Although some behaviors in some of my gender I don't get either, like the whole cosmetics thing (I am allergic to cosmetics anyways), shopping for candles and jewelry, etc. Some of the things they like to do are boring to me, while some of the things I like to do are boring to many of the girly girl versions of my gender, like video games and science. Actually many were disgusted in my love for black comedy (females generally don't like violence all that much). Some females are different than others. This video proves there's a girly side and then there's a side that is tough as nails (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ekLcUyDWaU). Although I get irritated with the girly girls (and I mean really irritated), I still stick up for every part of my gender, because they have been discriminated against for many years (much like race was). Although I usually find it better to get along better with others of my gender who are tougher and tend to stick up for themselves. Usually dubbed as the tomboys.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 09 Jan 2015 03:52

nesgirl wrote:Babies aren't really that stupid, just underdeveloped. Also compared with a newborn kitten, they are a heck of a lot smarter. Newborn kittens can't even relieve themselves without their mothers helping them be able to do so. When the brain is that small, you can't really expect to develop much until that brain grows bigger.

But what do you mean by "stupid"? Neurologically undeveloped and "stupid" are the same things. And as for the kitten bit: Actually, nesgirl, homo sapien newborns are very sub-par compared with other animals. Especially in the kinetic/motor skills department. Human infants are extremely neuromuscularly deficient when one compares them to other animals. Picture an infant emerging into the searing, cold world for the first time--it's screaming in terror and wriggling crazily and in an extremely uncoordinated fashion. There's a reason for that. Most mammalians practically waltz out of the womb in comparison to what humans do. It's because most of them exit the warm placental fluid essentially fighting for their lives. No one is going to pick them up and wrap them in swaddled cloth and smack a diaper on them and a bottle in their mouths. They've got to keep up with the rest of the pack, they've got to get up and walk over to suckle their mother's tit (or consume a portion of the dead antelope, or outstretch their necks so that their bird mother can regurgitate half-digested worms into their gullet, et cetera) or else they will starve.

Fun little anecdote: Does anyone know why exactly homo sapien infants are so helpless and inane and seemingly undeveloped (hairless, sightless, unable to breathe, unable to chew) at birth, and then undergo such tremendous psychological development that they metamorphosize into the soaring adults we become later in life (anthropocentrism!)? It's all about the failure of female anatomical fecundity. The pelvis is all wrong. It's too narrow. It's because of evolution--the blind watchmaker. The expansion of the hominid brain over evolutionary history required a larger cranium ... and so now the body has no choice but to eject the infantile passenger prematurely or else the baby's skull will not be able to pass the vaginal canal. Yet another example of the asininity of human anatomy. Medicine has shown us that we are so physiologically flawed in a our structure and function, it's laughable at times. Intelligent design indeed! :D

nesgirl wrote:Although some behaviors in some of my gender I don't get either, like the whole cosmetics thing (I am allergic to cosmetics anyways), shopping for candles and jewelry, etc. Some of the things they like to do are boring to me, while some of the things I like to do are boring to many of the girly girl versions of my gender, like video games and science. Actually many were disgusted in my love for black comedy (females generally don't like violence all that much). Some females are different than others. This video proves there's a girly side and then there's a side that is tough as nails (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ekLcUyDWaU). Although I get irritated with the girly girls (and I mean really irritated), I still stick up for every part of my gender, because they have been discriminated against for many years (much like race was). Although I usually find it better to get along better with others of my gender who are tougher and tend to stick up for themselves. Usually dubbed as the tomboys.

The types you're talking about annoy the hell out of me too. But I think it's interesting that you refer to those types as "girly girls." This term seems to imply that the female gender is intrinsically inferiority, doesn't it? That male attributes are superior--"tomBOYS." I think HAGART got it spot on. Each gender has its strengths and weaknesses respectively. Females are prone to empathy. Females are prone to emotional compromise. Males are predisposed for strength. Males are predisposed to superficiality and simplicity.
Well said.

buildit

Postby buildit » 09 Jan 2015 04:01

Let the stereotypes roll. I wonder if some of you would be brave enough to repost these views on a GBLT web site? :lol:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Jan 2015 04:19

nesgirl wrote: Newborn kittens can't even relieve themselves without their mothers helping them be able to do so.

I've never seen a baby or toddler do it properly either. They'll just be playing in the living room then stop suddenly and freeze. They give you a look-- that unmistakable face we all recognize. Eyes squint, mouth awry, with a dead stare in the distance. We know what they're doing. Even they know what they're doing, but do they care? NO! They just do it right there in their pants in the middle of the living room! And then they continue playing like nothing happened.

How rude!
Babies are both stupid AND rude. :mrgreen:

----------------------

One thing we agree on nesgirl is trying to understand why girly girls are obsessed with scented candles, One Direction, the color pink and other such nonsense. They scoff at video games and black comedy, and seem like they're from another planet: Planet Boring.

I bet you'd like the Kickass movies and they are in my top 10 favorite movies list right now. I think you'd identify with Hit-Girl.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Jan 2015 04:34

buildit wrote:Let the stereotypes roll. I wonder if some of you would be brave enough to repost these views on a GBLT web site? :lol:

I had to look that up. I don't see how the Georgian Bay Land Trust would have a problem with what we are saying.... :?

I assume you mean LGBT, but again, I don't see how they would have a problem. How would they be more offended than anyone else here! :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”