nesgirl and Summerlander

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
buildit

Re: nesgirl and Summerlander

Postby buildit » 09 Jan 2015 04:56

HAGART wrote:
buildit wrote:Let the stereotypes roll. I wonder if some of you would be brave enough to repost these views on a GBLT web site? :lol:

I had to look that up. I don't see how the Georgian Bay Land Trust would have a problem with what we are saying.... :?

Man you need to watch out for those land trusts, they are some uber sensitive folk. :o I have acronyms sometimes. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Jan 2015 05:38

:lol:

OK, now serious. :|

I didn't read DeschainXIX's post because I was writing mine at the same time. Monkeys and humans are very similar and I saw a fascinating documentary comparing the two of us, narrated by the great David Attenbourough, called "Clever Monkeys".

They mention that with primates they don't just need to develop their bodies, but also need to develop their minds. And it takes time. Monkeys spend a heck of a lot more time caring for their young than other non-primates so that, (in the words of the show), "babies can remain babies longer". It takes a really long time to rear our young, humans, apes, or monkeys. Why does it take so long to develop object permanence, self-awareness, and social behavior, among other things, I'm not sure. But those are certainly things that can't be accomplished in the womb.

Sure a Gazelle can probably run the day it was born, but that dumb baby ain't getting any smarter.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

buildit

Postby buildit » 09 Jan 2015 05:56

HAGART wrote::lol:

OK, now serious. :|

I didn't read DeschainXIX's post because I was writing mine at the same time. Monkeys and humans are very similar and I saw a great documentary comparing the two of us, narrated by the great David Attenbourough, called "Clever Monkeys".

They mention that with primates they don't just need to develop their bodies, but also need to develop their minds. And it takes time. Monkeys spend a heck of a lot more time caring for their young than other non-primates so that, (in the words of the show), "babies can remain babies longer". Why does it take so long to develop object permanence, self-awareness, and social behavior, among other things, I'm not sure. But those are certainly things that can't be accomplished in the womb.

The brain is a weird structure to begin with. I mean in many ways the brain is nothing more than bunched up skin with an enhanced amount of nerves and synapses within it. But I believe the brain still growing after birth limits how advanced our offspring can be.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 09 Jan 2015 06:10

HAGART wrote:
I've never seen a baby or toddler do it properly either. They'll just be playing in the living room then stop suddenly and freeze. They give you a look-- that unmistakable face we all recognize. Eyes squint, mouth awry, with a dead stare in the distance. We know what they're doing. Even they know what they're doing, but do they care? NO! They just do it right there in their pants in the middle of the living room! And then they continue playing like nothing happened.

How rude!
Babies are both stupid AND rude. :mrgreen:

I take it you 2 don't really like children very much. I can't really be around babies myself. I absolutely cannot handle it when they start screaming or throwing tantrums. I have very sensitive hearing, I mean really sensitive, and I cannot handle really loud noises and especially really high pitched noises as they literally. While I can use special headphones and earplugs to block them out, I rely too much on my hearing to want to use them (I use blind hearing techniques very often).
----------------------

The types you're talking about annoy the hell out of me too. But I think it's interesting that you refer to those types as "girly girls." This term seems to imply that the female gender is intrinsically inferiority, doesn't it? That male attributes are superior--"tomBOYS." I think HAGART got it spot on. Each gender has its strengths and weaknesses respectively. Females are prone to empathy. Females are prone to emotional compromise. Males are predisposed for strength. Males are predisposed to superficiality and simplicity.

I thought I told you NOT to refer to my gender as inferior.
Emotional may be correct. Sad as it may be, females have a weakness of being more prone to emotional and mood disorders than guys do, in fact having an exclusive mood disorder to their own gender (PMS/PMDD).
One thing we agree on nesgirl is trying to understand why girly girls are obsessed with scented candles, One Direction, the color pink and other such nonsense. They scoff at video games and black comedy, and seem like they're from another planet: Planet Boring.

I bet you'd like the Kickass movies and they are in my top 10 favorite movies list right now. I think you'd identify with Hit-Girl.

My point exactly. I don't really get the reason why they are into those things. I really cannot stand the colors pink, red, or purple.
The female workers were talking about how they wanted a cute boy to hang out with. And they'd do things with them, "Don't you know the responsibilities of that? And don't you know you could get into big trouble?! My sister declared a Chapter 7 bankruptcy after hooking up with the wrong guy." Boy that didn't go well, and they started telling lies about me, got mean, and started bullying me for it. No wonder most marriages end in divorce.
There need to be more tougher females in this world, I tell you.

Hey want to grab a pizza slice?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K40ksXt54Ns
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Jan 2015 06:53

I don't know how to say this without causing trouble, but I don't want to be a sheep and should speak up.

If you aren't aware of it, nesgirl, you did call some girls, "girly" as a derogatory word, so DeschainXIX did make a good point about that:
deschainXIX wrote:But I think it's interesting that you refer to those types as "girly girls." This term seems to imply that the female gender is intrinsically inferiority, doesn't it?
He's just using your own words against you to make you think about it.

Like most things in life, it's best not to be in either extreme, but in the middle. As most of us are. Walking versions of Barbie with the personality of plastic or a manly man, so manly they chop down trees with their sharpened beards are just ridiculous. They are just ideas that people have and they are so extreme it's polarizing.

The truth is, we are all the same. Before we were born, we had no gender and basically looked like deformed lizards. (So now I am saying babies are stupid, rude, AND ugly! :mrgreen: ) Everything else is what we think we are suppose to be, and are taught how to be a boy or a girl. It bugs me that my brother has twins, boy and a girl, and gives a pink balloon to his daughter and a blue balloon to his son. It just reinforces a stereotype that was not known at birth but ingrained through society. She wants to be a ballerina, he wants to be a pirate. If it was the other way around, I bet they'd be upset, but why should they be? Society has created gender roles that run deep and are instilled in young minds before they even have a chance to make up their minds.

I don't want to sound too 'spiritual', but I believe we should all get in touch with our male and female sides of our psyche. It may sound like NewAge garbage, but I actually do think deep down we are genderless in our minds, and it's only society that made us think we needed to behave a certain way.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 09 Jan 2015 08:03

HAGART wrote:The truth is, we are all the same. Before we were born, we had no gender and basically looked like a deformed lizards. (So now I am saying babies are stupid, rude, AND ugly! :mrgreen: ) Everything else is what we think we are suppose to be, and are taught how to be a boy or a girl. It bugs me that my brother has twins, boy and a girl, and gives a pink balloon to his daughter and a blue balloon to his son. It just reinforces a stereotype that was not known at birth but ingrained through society. She wants to be a ballerina, he wants to be a pirate. If it was the other way around, I bet they'd be upset, but why should they be? Society has created gender roles that run deep and are instilled in young minds before they even have a chance to make up their minds.

There is some truth to that, and many females are trained to be females, and guys are trained be guys. However, depending on what exactly the siblings are doing in front of the child/baby/with the child, the roles could easily be switched. If for example a brother is playing video games with a younger sister, or army with a younger sister, he could turn her into a tomboy if he is spending a lot of time with her.

I don't want to sound too 'spiritual', but I believe we should all get in touch with our male and female sides of our psyche. It may sound like NewAge garbage, but I actually do think deep down we are genderless in our minds, and it's only society that made us think we needed to behave a certain way.

Depends on what you mean by that. If you mean physically then I don't mind that. I accept my physical role as a female long as I am aromantic asexual. As far as me acting like a girly girl... that isn't my style to act like that. I absolutely hate wearing dresses (despite the fact some places still require females to wear them), I cannot stand cosmetics, and I cannot stand the color pink. As far as me caring for children, I will babysit older children if needed, and if it were an emergency, the babies (with special headphones). If I have much if any of a female side, it would probably be with the animals. I don't know what it is, but many females seem to get along better with animals than most guys do, which is why most vets are female. This may be why I attempt to understand the emotions of animals better. Many females who study animals study the emotions and empathy of animals, while most guys study just the science. May be why I feel like the animals have feelings.
Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Jan 2015 08:36

Maybe I'm just a girly-guy, but I feel for animals more than anyone I know. Even flies. I'm not kidding. I shoo them out the window so they can live and be free. (which most find odd) I hate it when people kill insects without a care. Sometimes I have to though if they have more hair than me. It's just jealousy and a spider shouldn't be rocking a better haircut than me! They are abominations of nature, sporting that hairdo, and deserve to die! But I'm getting better, and they are no different than a pet really. They are all just pets with no name is all. Give an animal a name and it changes everything. Give familiarity to anything and it becomes 'important' in your mind, when in fact it's all a mere illusion no greater or lesser than your own thoughts....

(It's 2:30 a.m. here, close to sleep, and I get deep. Although I didn't quite explain it well, it all makes sense to me right now. I'll figure out what I wrote in the morning.....)

I like the fact this thread has no topic. I think together we will kick Megaman's butt! :D

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 09 Jan 2015 12:35

@nesgirl
Did you see HAGART's explanation? Do you understand your mistake and have learned your lesson? You should at least be making an attempt at improving yourself. For example, you should take notice of how often you refer to yourself and your own personal life/experience in your posts--how often you incite "I." It's all you talk about. I'm just trying to improve you and make you more lucid, but if you never learn--ell well.

Yes, I think of myself as an androgynous pansexual (I died my hair pink once)--so, in reference of buildit's comment about "GBLTs" ( :lol: ),yes, when one is dealing with nesgirl, one must deal in vast generalizations and simplifications; that was indeed the nature of our exchange, but don't make the mistake of thinking I'm sexually-simple or old fashioned or conservative for it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Jan 2015 12:43

I think she is pretty much stuck in her ways. :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 09 Jan 2015 21:38

HAGART wrote:Maybe I'm just a girly-guy, but I feel for animals more than anyone I know. Even flies. I'm not kidding. I shoo them out the window so they can live and be free. (which most find odd) I hate it when people kill insects without a care. Sometimes I have to though if they have more hair than me. It's just jealousy and a spider shouldn't be rocking a better haircut than me! They are abominations of nature, sporting that hairdo, and deserve to die! But I'm getting better, and they are no different than a pet really. They are all just pets with no name is all. Give an animal a name and it changes everything. Give familiarity to anything and it becomes 'important' in your mind, when in fact it's all a mere illusion no greater or lesser than your own thoughts....

(It's 2:30 a.m. here, close to sleep, and I get deep. Although I didn't quite explain it well, it all makes sense to me right now. I'll figure out what I wrote in the morning.....)

I like the fact this thread has no topic. I think together we will kick Megaman's butt! :D

I feel for flies as well. I know everyone hates them, but I usually will try to catch them before someone kills them within my hands, and then release them outside. However, sometimes I have no choice with some biting and stinging bugs, because I am literally allergic to them, and cannot be bitten or else (if someone is allergic to an animal, they in general have to avoid the animal for that particular reason). I cannot actually go near spiders or bees without being protected because of it . And even when I say spiders cause my sister and I great amounts of grief due to our allergies to them, they still have a right to exist on our planet, although we just cannot have the spiders go anywhere near us.

Did you see HAGART's explanation? Do you understand your mistake and have learned your lesson? You should at least be making an attempt at improving yourself. For example, you should take notice of how often you refer to yourself and your own personal life/experience in your posts--how often you incite "I." It's all you talk about. I'm just trying to improve you and make you more lucid, but if you never learn--ell well.

Why do you always accuse me of doing bad things all the time? I don't need anyone shoving that down my throat.
And I suppose you want me to change my aromantic asexual ways just like all the other religious people want me to? That is never happening.
Goodbye forever...

Return to “Off-Topic”