LD future?

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
buildit

LD future?

Postby buildit » 09 Jan 2015 04:58

A treaties for postulating the future of mankind:

Humans have worked very hard at showing the steps of evolution from what is proposed to have been apes who left the canopy to wander the ground, forward to modern man who is heavily connected to electronics and mechanically dependent. In the same vain humans try to predict the future changes of Homo Sapiens. I submit this as my theory for this process which will be in the future of mankind.

One of the more interesting processes mankind has undergone is the inclusion of technologies which have increased the ability for people to communicate. Of course this includes the internet, phones and TV. With this increase has been the amount of interpersonal information we enjoy. We learn things about each other which otherwise might be hard to prove. In this example is the prolific increase in the number of people reporting life long abilities to have Lucid Dreams where they can actually control their dream events at many levels.
I personally have enjoyed the ability to control my dreams in this manner since I was 7 or 8 years old. It seemed to have occurred in response to my night terrors and provided me a method of stopping them thru exhibiting a control over events to the point where I could freeze time. It was certainly empowering but also a hidden trait because anyone I mentioned it to would treat it as if I was using drugs or maybe inflating the truth. It was not till roughly 36 years later I would learn I was not alone in my hidden trait.
I’ve now spent 6 months playing catch up with what others have experienced, their limits, the hopes and dreams they have about their abilities and sometimes fears about what it all means. So what have I found? Some interesting things have come to light thru random questions. 1. It appears a minority found out about their LD skills during childhood. However, there are multiple techniques people have used to still become Lucid while dreaming. This is important because it demonstrated Lucid Dreaming is a skill which can be learned by those who have not experienced Lucid Dreaming before. The overall amount of people who in fact do learn to LD is unknown so success is not guaranteed.
2. For those who have controlled their dreams since childhood, whom I have spoken to, the conscious level of control one exerts over their dreams is relative to their physical interpretation of themselves. In similar fashion there appears to be a scale of Jump, Glide and Fly that also predicts control over a dream. Most report dreams where if their level of control is low they can only jump further than normal, much like gravity has been reduced. A step higher and the ability to glide is expressed. Something one might compare to some martial arts movies where sword fighters glide across a room to collide mid air. The highest levels of control usually exhibit actual flight without assistance of wings or other propulsion means. Within the realm of the Flight I’ve seen hints of higher levels of dream control being correlated to physical forms. It seems the ability to project or become mental energy may exhibit the highest level of dream control we currently possess.
3. Empathic real world abilities of those who Lucid Dream. I am not going to say those who have had Dream Control since Childhood are more sensitive but for those who have had life long Lucid Dreams there is an abnormally high feeling of having emotional connection to pets, wild animals and even other people. This last point is truly up to individuals to interpret for themselves as state of mind or real empathic abilities. However, they should keep in mind even a state of mind which is proportionally greater in those exhibiting Lucid Dreams is an interesting development in human psychology.

Continued--->
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

buildit

Re: LD future?

Postby buildit » 09 Jan 2015 04:59

So I’m going to work some reverse logic for a second to narrow down the possible paths mankind's future can take. Assuming at some point mankind will out populate the carrying capacity of this world, even if all other life is extinguished, we MUST obtain space travel within another 100 years. This is also taking into account an increase in war, famine, pestilence and environmental deaths from floods, storms, heat or cold. So we are encouraged by our own overpopulation and other factors to leave earth. Problems with this are more obvious. Where would we go, what type of vehicle would we possibly travel in, where would we get the fuel and could we survive such a trip lasting possibly hundreds of years to even reach the closest stars to out solar system. Given just a few of these facts really puts a damper on the future of Homo Sapiens.
So, how would life overcome these limitations. I postulate the answer is right under our noses… or to be more exact, behind and slightly above and to each side. I have actually enjoyed many Lucid Dreams where I’ve examined many parts of this issue. To date I’ve not expanded the full idea as I have here so I can only hope it all makes sense the way I am explaining it.
First let me make some analysis of the present of Lucid Dreaming. It is to many a dance between the unconscious and conscious mind. It has allowed me to realize the amount of my life that is not actually perceived but is filled in by the unconscious mind. Scientifically our sight is being shown to be sent to two parts of the mind simultaneously. It is therefore reasonable to think of all we see as being analyzed twice. Once by the conscious mind which is processing fine details looking for patterns. Once by the unconscious mind which produces a faster less detailed image. It is the less detailed image which fills in so much of the world we perceive. Reality is that we have many holes in our vision, we have senses of balance that are based upon what we see to a large extent. Our hearing is based upon the subconscious being alarmed which draws our conscious mind to become alert. We are going thru life only half awake.
We need to make the conscious and unconscious mind one and I believe Lucid Dreaming is part of that process. Where else can we perceive a world 360 degrees around ourselves? What other world allows us to shut down our corporeal senses which help occupy the conscious mind to distraction? Someday I hope a doctor might analyze the possibility that Autisim is a side effect of the attempt of the mind to complete this union. Our environment may in fact be driving humans to accelerate this union due to social and environmental pressures to survive. The impact of the possible Malthusian Pressures on human psychology and evolution are unknown but might impact our mental development more than we can know.
Learning the skills needed to be more than what we are may be the greatest point to Lucid Dreaming. As I indicated earlier there appears to be a progression to the controlling impact of the dreamer given certain coinciding skills, most notably flight. So jumping forward a bit, if the goal of life is to produce a human form capable of leaving the earth, well flight would seem a necessity, unless we learn to fold space like creatures in the epic story of Dune did. More importantly than the flight is the other forms of interpretation that accompany greater levels of control, mostly the lack of a corporeal self.

Continued ----->
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

buildit

Postby buildit » 09 Jan 2015 05:02

So lets put it all together for a second here but from the point of view of someone not of this world and it’s biases. Looking at an alien world who has in under 100 years burned thru so many physical resources, exploded in population much like a virus and is capable of destroying all the life on that world…. suddenly the development of an evolutionary phase leading to a non corporeal version capable of leaving the environment and consuming other forms of energy seems like a necessity. I certainly can see other worlds in the Universe who might have followed similar evolutionary steps and reached the same inescapable end. I don’t know if all the population would be able to make the evolutionary leap but certainly those who could would leave and reach out to the stars.
Once free of their home worlds atmosphere they would have found high energy particles streaming out from their home worlds sun providing them with raw energy they could consume and use to power themselves into other solar systems. Being non corporeal they wouldn’t need to worry about the rate or time required for travel, yet being mental energy might enable them to move thru space at or maybe above the speed of light by utilizing properties of space unknown to creatures, like us, who are incapable of experiencing particles as small as atoms first hand.
We are well into the realm of the future I have seen within my dreams and yet seems to be functionally possible within the realms of science.
As energy the mind could spread out as a 1, 2 or 3 dimensional web of energy. Possibly, like travel thru space, a mental energy could utilize other dimensions to traverse space time. The effect would be to have infinite knowledge in a period that mortal life would view as instant. But you don’t produce beings that powerful without tempering their power. Here again the realm of the Lucid Dream is the ultimate nursery for the human mind to become skilled in what possibilities exist and what the dangers are.
Surely, if we assume we are not the first to make this transformation, we need to understand we are going to join a community of life that is diverse, far older and more powerful than we are. Who knows, there may even be predatory versions of mental energy beings waiting for the newly evolved and weak to wander out and be eaten. But mostly I envision there already being a structure of Cosmic law that allows all mental energy to be as one and yet free to explore. Maybe there is a race before us who will task themselves with educating us and possibly defending us from the dangers we are yet to understand.

I see this future as a serious leap for mankind and one that may be dependent on the help of another more advanced race who might have already completed the transition. If so where better for them to prepare us, educate us and mold our emotions than with our Lucid Dreams? So if you are a Lucid Dreamer ask yourself if you have ever felt what seems like another presence if your dream? It may be very hard to discern and seem as natural as the hair on your head but if you look you might wonder as I have what is that feeling? Now that I have you wondering, think about how odd some dreams seem. How hard you worked to try to make sense of them. Are Lucid Dreamers the future of mankind? We might just have to wait and see, but if so I predict a very interesting path lies ahead.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 09 Jan 2015 06:38

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 09 Jan 2015 06:48

nesgirl wrote:Sorry but I am going to have disagree with you on this. Autism isn't a side effect to anything, and it cannot be united or cured with anything. Autism is a mental disorder people are born with, not a side effect, just like if people are born blind or deaf. It isn't something that is going to be cured right away just because you complete some union. In case you didn't know this, there are several forms of Autism as well, a spectrum you might call this(I peer tutored kids who had autism back in high school, and helped others at a center who had it, that's how I know), and because of this, you won't have any idea of what form of Autism you are dealing with until you diagnose it.

Then why do some people seem to grow out of it like my best friends son? Now going on 15 he is far more functional and socially active than just a few years ago. His twin sister was not effected. Autism is a mental disorder but I know people who'd slap you sideways for thinking it is incurable.
As for the spectrum of autism, how does that effect the ability to propose the mechanical cause of it? Would we be better off sticking with current suggestions that environmental pollution or immunizations caused autism?

I knew this idea would be controversial but think it is an important possibility when considering the fact autism is increasing. It could be part of an evolutionary process we don't understand yet.

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Jan 2015 08:49

I like the line of thought in these posts and cant disagree in principle. There have been enough dreams to make me question a second existence of a form of energy that can hold what we think of as ourselves that I wonder as well.

Taking energy from light in a dream is a common feature as well and the afterglow is a feeling in my body that can last for a day or longer at times so that is a possibility as well.

I have often wondered if lucid dreaming is a lost skill or a modern one. the seeds may have sown in out past an we may have diverted from natural growth in this area or it may an adaptation that has found form in our minds. How and why I dont know and expect cant know but am happy to in there looking around.

We both have elements of light and energy so a common thread there, how do we progress from here to see what we can find ?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

buildit

Postby buildit » 09 Jan 2015 17:15

I try to make better contact and dialogue with my unconscious and the research the entity I sometime sense at the edge of my consciousness.

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Jan 2015 19:25

I can get deeper dreams from the entity at the edge a lot by asking for more and refusing what I am offered till like a set of steps something more is presented but no closer to understanding or direct communication with the entity.

Thats where I fail but where I try as well
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Jan 2015 21:31

I agree with nesgirl on autism. Autistic people have malfunctioning brains due to poor neural connectivity and synaptic structures damaged by alcohol and/or drugs used by the mother during gestation. (Sometimes it is genetic as biological processes can err too.) People recovering from mild forms of autism isn't surprising either. The brain exhibits neuroplasticity and new synaptic connections can always be established.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Jan 2015 21:37

Immunisations don't cause autism either. This nonsense started back in the late '90s when Andrew Wakefield published a bogus scientific study in the Lancet. Many a layman were misguided before it was peer-reviewed and real science exposed it as a hoax. Wakefield was punished, as he should, by having his licence revoked.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Dream Science”