Life after death?

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
buildit

Re: Life after death?

Postby buildit » 12 Jan 2015 04:42

nesgirl wrote:It isn't what they teach at all in Utah. While males will kind of get a role similar to something like that if they get married to a female, females don't get those kind of privileges. They teach that you get auto-married if you aren't so in the next life (even if you are asexual). And females are obviously the wives who keep creating the babies for them....out their rears because of, blech, eternal romance. And other than that, they really don't play much of a role other than taking care of the children and supporting the husband.

LOL, and I'm sure the Muslims think there will be 72 virgins. :roll: I'm talking about an existence as energy. Male and female would be as meaningless as short and tall.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Jan 2015 04:50

only 72, well thats no good

energy - yip I like that thought. Free to gobble up sunlight and dark matter for food and just go see whats out there. Become a ship if thats what is needed for the day.. sounds like a great lucid
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 12 Jan 2015 05:10

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 12 Jan 2015 05:19

Peter wrote:only 72, well thats no good

energy - yip I like that thought. Free to gobble up sunlight and dark matter for food and just go see whats out there. Become a ship if thats what is needed for the day.. sounds like a great lucid

In an odd way it makes perfect sense to me when I consider.
1. Mankind is very destructive
2. The earths carrying capacity close to being maxed out and humans keep breeding like mold
3. There soon will not be enough resources on this world to send ourselves to a new world
4. Mankind is ill build for prolonged space travel
5. If we assume other life in the Universe they too must have faced this "wall" and they may have resolved the same answer.
6. Lucid Dreamers all seem to concur that flight and OBE experiences are often associated with the greatest level of LD control.
7. Lucid Dreams are such an ideal training ground for the mind to prepare for non-corporeal existence.

I know this doesn't meet the religious expectations of certain groups but then there is only one unifying concept of all those religions. An existence beyond corporeal, possibly as a reward for moral values. Even that may have a basis for some truth. Being able to surrender corporeal desires and needs may in fact be the hardest part of becoming non-corporeal. The pending death of the body might make this easier but I'm not clear on this aspect.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Jan 2015 05:46

Being able to surrender corporeal desires and needs may in fact be the hardest part of becoming non-corporeal

some of the bodyless experiences I have had in what I call the void or void state are without any part or residue of me existing but with some form of self identity differant to what I have now. In short something existed that had awareness in a different form but did exist and had no physical component.

There would be no issue existing like this at all, I have not chased up this state for a longtime but feel I could if I wanted to again so at some time yes I will.

The wall, yes. One of my thoughts is that we are advancing or developing in a way that may allow us to move on, just an interesting though and have no need to defend this. Will have my answer when I die and will either be right of wont know and either is fine really

Without any contact from or with other life forms of a physical nature and the stupidity of finding what we are looking for in more macro and micro events in space and quantum states it appears to be a dream that is driven by belief and suffers from an event that is taken as proof but the nuts and bolts can never be seen
A bit of track here but I do that. Anyway lets hone these skills and if needed then one day we might just be truly free
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

buildit

Postby buildit » 12 Jan 2015 06:32

Peter wrote:Anyway lets hone these skills and if needed then one day we might just be truly free

I've spent several months slowly piecing together a life beyond corporeal. Each night it is as if I get another tiny bit of the puzzle. Last night was some sort of insight as to what will become of those who are left behind. It wasn't pleasant and I didn't understand much of it but I was very lucid of what was going on.
Part of me really wants to leave this life, but just enough is duty bound to those still here to keep me from really wanting to let go the rest of the way. Someday I look forward to breaking that last bond.

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Jan 2015 07:44

keep the thought that when u are ready it will happen and until till then just enjoy, life is special no matter what is or is not beyond.

keen to hear about any insights, if its not for public thats cool or pm is you wish

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Jan 2015 11:26

I suspect the release of endogenous DMT and other psychedelic compounds in the brain will lead us to experience a pseudo-afterlife, as nesgirl pointed out, during the dying process.

Believers will think, "I knew it!" and the sceptics will be wondering, "Is this real?" And both will be ushered out of existence and into oblivion without noticing. In a way, this is the best case scenario. But, I concede to buildit, I don't know. People who die in explosions get nirvana straight away... but no raisi...erm... virgins. :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Dream Science”