Trouble with WILD Technique

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Caden_16

Trouble with WILD Technique

Postby Caden_16 » 12 Dec 2014 17:08

Hey everyone,
I started reading Rebbecca's website at the beginning of last week. Since then I have tried to become more consistent with doing my reality checks and writing down my dreams when I can recall them. So far I have experimented with the WILD technique a couple times. Once was around 4pm when I went for a nap. This was the first time I have ever experienced what I think was a deeper hypnagogic state. I felt my breathes get deeper and a numbness started around my body and shapes and a purply darkness surrounded my vision. This surprised me and I got out of it right away. I feel this was a good step though. This morning I woke up around 6 hours after going to sleep and recalled my dreams then got alert for 20 mins or so. Upon returning to bed I relaxed and returned to this same state I encountered in my nap. I can daydream in this state and can loose awareness of my body if I get really lost in the daydream but im not sure where im supposed to go from here, assuming that this state im getting into is a step in the right direction. I'm not sure how to loose my awareness of my body and step into the dream while still knowing im dreaming..
Sorry for the big explanation I thought maybe some background my help with my situation :P
Any replies are appreciated,
Thanks,
Caden
Edit: Forgot to say I never got to sleep after waking up this morning after attempting the WILD technique.

ElisaTheDuck

Re: Trouble with WILD Technique

Postby ElisaTheDuck » 02 Jan 2015 07:13

Nearly the same thing happened to me. I only learned about lucid dreaming 4 or 5 days ago, but I became incredibly interested so I researched all about it. Then last night I was listening to music to fall asleep, and as soon as the song changed, I got this sudden vibrating and tingling sensation all over me, and it felt as if someone had draped a dark, heavy blanket over me that brought me into an intense hypnagogic state. I decided to wait a little bit to see what would happen because I curious, and soon enough, I had a floating feeling as if my bed wasn't under me. A numbing sensation was creeping through my toes, but my heart started beating uncontrollably so I shook myself out of it. Unlike you, I pulled myself out of it because I was scared, not surprised(I've heard disturbing stories about sleep paralysis and OBEs, which are similar to lucid dreams). I think that if you catch yourself daydreaming, pull yourself back into focus and work on visualizing your lucid dream. I'm not sure either how to ignore your body and step into the dream, but if you concentrate on the lucid dream ahead of you, you might inadvertently step into it. Sorry if this was no help because I'm a complete newbie, but I'll see if I can find any info from other experienced dreamers. :)
Hi! I'm Elisa and I'm 15. I'm completely new to lucid dreaming, which I had never heard of before, so now I'm doing everything possible to learn how to lucid dream. I would love any helpful tips or pointers from people, so thanks. :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Jan 2015 03:51

Keep on with what you are doing and the dream will come to you. Odds are you have been there already and did not know it. The transition can be instant and without any real signs at times.

Also WILD is very hard at first and can be very frustrating so try all sorts and dont get hung up on one way to induce dreams
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Caden_16

Postby Caden_16 » 12 Jan 2015 02:55

Thanks Eliza for the reply! The way you described the Hypnagogic State sounded exactly the way I experienced it! I'm gonna try to take it further the next time. And I don't think you need to worry about the sleep paralysis and what not. It is a frightening concept but as lucid dream practices we just have to accept it as a possibility and continue with our lucid goals. I think the benefits far outweigh the negatives! As for the hypnagogic state I gotta do what Pete said and go with the flow and recognize that the transition is sort of sudden. Thanks both of you for your replies!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2015 06:41

ElisaTheDuck wrote: I think that if you catch yourself daydreaming, pull yourself back into focus and work on visualizing your lucid dream. I'm not sure either how to ignore your body and step into the dream, but if you concentrate on the lucid dream ahead of you, you might inadvertently step into it. Sorry if this was no help because I'm a complete newbie, but I'll see if I can find any info from other experienced dreamers. :)

Its good if someone starts daydreaming, it shows they are started to create a dream. If one can keep flowing with the daydream without loosing conscious awareness, they will find themselves in a LD. One only needs to pull back out of the daydreaming if one is starting to blank out and completely loose their waking awareness at times eg at risk of going into a non LD state. There is a fine balance between the two.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”