LD study soon to be published from Aust. (Adelaide)

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
taniaaust1

LD study soon to be published from Aust. (Adelaide)

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2015 06:49

I dont know all the details about this yet as Ive only just been told by a friend about this, who heard the LD researcher talking about the study (soon to be published) on the radio, so I will find out more about it some time.

Apparently our states medical uni? I think it was, have just done a LD study on the feasability of using LD to treat children who have nightmares. (It sounded like thou they used adults as their study participants).

Anyway, I thought this was interesting as it could end up making LD more mainstream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Peter

Re: LD study soon to be published from Aust. (Adelaide)

Postby Peter » 12 Jan 2015 18:17

it could be useful but the ability to get lucid is the key and then being able to handle your worst fears as they become real, imagine a few false awakenings with you nightmare dc sitting there smiling at you
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Re: LD study soon to be published from Aust. (Adelaide)

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Jan 2015 12:00

My thought on what Ive heard about this study so far is it will actually fail to give an accurate idea of treating nightmares in children cause they are using adults in the study.

For children, telling them things cant hurt as its just a dream... they probably wont believe it as much as an adult knows its true, so I'd think this would be more successful in adults if they can manage to start having LDs. I can imagine nightmares possibly being so much worst in children who's LDs go out of control.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Science”