Final Breakthrough - first lucid ^^

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
AnnaLina

Final Breakthrough - first lucid ^^

Postby AnnaLina » 24 Dec 2014 17:14

Today was an awesome breakthrough for me, merry christmas to me or something :D I woke up at 8 am but decided to sleep in and then I had a dream that I was in a cinema with the class, and I was always at a different place at a different seat, and I looked back where I was and there was no seat I could have sat, it was all filled. And then it got suspicious and I looked at my left hand counting the fingers, and I had 8, it was quite grotesque how they were placed, but that made me realize I was dreaming - and I realized I had to stay calm one second too late. But it was there, and the next should come easier, right?

hectorjose

Re: Final Breakthrough - first lucid ^^

Postby hectorjose » 24 Dec 2014 20:35

It was my experience that after the first one, the rest started coming easier. After my first one, I felt a sense of freedom, bewilderment, and satisfaction that I actually had experienced it. My second and third and fourth came not long after the first. There are instances where I wake up from a lucid dream (early in the morning or sometimes in the middle of the night) and I close my eyes and slip right back into it as if I teleport there or something, and I am fully aware that I closed my physical eyes in bed, and slipped instantaneously right back into the lucid dream I was in, before waking up. It is a very cool experience, and you don't really think much of it, it just feels natural.
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 27 Dec 2014 22:55

I realized I had to stay calm one second too late

For me when I get lucid in a dream, if I calm down or stay immobile, I will wake up or lose lucidity. So when I get lucid, I run, walk or do something so that the lucid dream continue more longer.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Dec 2014 07:47

It will get easier and harder as well. Entering the lucid state can sometimes be as easy as waking up - it just happens. Staying lucid long enough to do something can be very hard at times. When you are next lucid try to notice some detail and get it in focus and then move on to the next most interesting thing around you.
this will start to make the dream scape familiar and you will build the skills to stay in the dream longer each time.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Dec 2014 10:20

'Excitement' will dwindle in time as you get use to it. It's all brain plasticity to me, so yea you will get better each time like riding a bike.
I put 'excitement', in quotes because I'm not sure if that's the right word. You can certainly be super-thrilled in a lucid dream and not wake up, but I also know the feeling of 'getting too excited' and it wakes me up like adrenaline kicked me out. And that will happen from time to time despite many long lucids under my belt.

And weird, gnarled hands... you'll get use to that. (Sometimes they are normal). But it's very common to have extra fingers, and all weirdly shaped and twisted.

And Je-Je is right about moving around and touching things frantically. Pick something up and look at it and move on to something else. That helps stabilize a dream for me, and then you can slow down and you are 'locked in'. (If and when I remember! :roll: ) You become so involved in the dream you forget about waking up and it becomes your temporary reality for a while.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 06 Jan 2015 23:07

I have had really long lucid dreams and really short lucid dreams.. sometimes I never know which one it's going to be when I get lucid. There are cases where you are having an awesome lucid dream (flying or hanging out with a beautiful woman) then it quickly fades and you wake up in bed just to find your cat jumped on the bed, or a loud noise outside snapped you out of it....those times suck! lol sometimes when i'm lucid and i can feel the lucidity start to fade, i rub my hands together really fast or start to run...sometimes this helps prolong it longer.

I have had a couple lucid dreams that were really long and although I was fully lucid, I got bored because I couldn't change the scene or the dream characters were not interesting and I decide I want to end the lucid dream and wake up. Usually all you have to do is think about waking up and it will happen but there were two times where i tried it, and i stayed in the lucid dream (I wouldn't wake up). after wandering around a bunch more, I was finally able to get myself to wake up....I think maybe my body was so deep asleep at those moments, that I had to wait for awhile before i could willfully end the lucid dream (this has happened to me only twice) normally it is the opposite...me not wanting the lucid dream to end!
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

AnnaLina

Postby AnnaLina » 09 Jan 2015 22:12

Hey guys!

Please take my apologies for not answering so long >_< I used to come up on here from my phone, but it just didn't want to load the page and by the next day I always forgot to check up on computer, and seeing the amount of replies I got, I'm feeling so guilty T_T

Thank you for all the tips! Unfortunately I slipped back to the stage where I will have to work on remembering my dreams again, but once I manage to get a hold on a little thing, the habit comes back easier. It also doesn't helps that school is back, and I'm either bored or sleepy during afternoons so I take a nap and spend the night tossing and turning every few hours. I didn't sleep today so I'm expecting a normal night :3 But at least I'm not worried anymore that I "lost" the ability to remember my dreams - I know it will come and go in stages and that's okay.

The last comment, from hectorjose, reminded me when I was both awake and dreaming at once. It was a few years back when my mother still woke up during the mornings, and I have a good ear and hear her alarm watch through two doors. I was dreaming that a man was coming to the kitchen to kill me, I knew he was getting closer and closer, but at the same time I was laying in bed, I probably heard the alarm and half woke, and I heard my mother's steps as she was coming to my room, and I was silently kind of praying that she finally came and woke me and stop my dream.

Although I fell back on lucid dreaming again, I'm an optimist to get back to it, just my motivation wavers sometimes ^^"

Caden_16

Postby Caden_16 » 12 Jan 2015 16:15

Hey that sounds like me. I woke up at 8 this weekend but decided I wanted to sleep in longer so I fell back asleep and that's when I became lucid. I don't remember the dream, all I remember is realizing I was dreaming then pushing my fingers through my hand and then my vision went dark and then became light and I woke up. Itleast it's a start. Good luck to you!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 12 Jan 2015 18:43

@caden_16....that definitely sounds like a start to me. The fact that when you are lucid and it starts to fade out (for me anyway), the scene will start to get a little darker, little darker, and then you wake up. Upon opening your eyes, you are fully aware what just happened and see it not just as a "memory" of the dream you were just in, but the experience that you were just there, right before opening your eyes in bed.
― Chuang-Tzu

Caden_16

Postby Caden_16 » 13 Jan 2015 01:35

Yeah Hector, that sounds like what happened to me. My vision faded out slowly and I could barely see my fingers go through my hand (if they did) in my attempt to keep me grounded in the dream. But I'm
Happy I have a start. Thanks for the reply!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”