I get told how to become lucid more

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
MercyStrange

I get told how to become lucid more

Postby MercyStrange » 12 Jan 2015 22:35

So, I've had 4 lucid dreams, in the past 7 days(record for me), and I thought I'd share my last one, which took place about two days ago.
I was in some kind of warehouse, and there was this boy who was sort of 'Guiding' me through all these shelves of items. I was holding a piece of paper, that I didn't really notice at first. Suddenly, The boy stops, and looks at me urgently. He tells me, "Remember the numbers," and he gestures to the paper in my hand. It's a list of names, that are all numbered. I instantly tell him, "I can't, I've never tried remembering numbers before. Why should I? Numbers don't change in my dreams, they always stay the same, so I have no reasons to look at them." and that's when I realized I was dreaming (if i wouldn't have become lucid I would have felt so stupid xD). He looked kind of happy and relieved, and he said "There you are!" Then I looked at the list again, and asked, "Why the numbers, and not the names?" He continued to smile at me, but answered my questions, "Because the numbers aren't attached to you. The names are." Apparently that made perfect sense to me, because i said, "The numbers will make me lucid, and calm because they aren't apart of me, but the names are the emotions, they'll make me get too excited." He nodded his approval. (Yup, that's the secret to becoming lucid for me, APPARENTLY. I haven't been lucid since- 2 days- so I haven't been able to test that theory yet). Then I asked him if he could make me lucid again, and he smiled, and nodded once more. I Tried to hug him, because he made me so happy (He was the first DC to even answer me, so he needed a hug for being so awesome), and then, I woke up. Coolest & weirdest lucid dream I've ever had. Just thought Id share that, because I learned my "secret" to becoming lucid, even if it doesn't work, I thought it was pretty cool to be told how to become lucid. Also, if DC's really are apart of our subconscious, I wish he'd show up more, because he's by far the nicest DC I've ever encountered XD
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

DesertExplorer

Re: I get told how to become lucid more

Postby DesertExplorer » 13 Jan 2015 13:51

:P

When I read these things I think that I am dreaming.. Wait!!....RC.... aaaand.... OK. Thank you for sharing! :D
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 15 Jan 2015 18:38

@mercystrange Sounds like a cool lucid dream. I have had a dry spell, haven't gone lucid in about 4 week...really unusual for me interesting too that during this same time, you've had a record for the most LD's in a week (i'm a little jealous lol). I usually get at least 1 a week, sometimes 2. This dry spell (and this forum) has given me time to think about what I want to do in my next one and I think interacting with dream characters in a more creative way will be my aim. I wonder if your dream character was sharing some knowledge with you that is usable... will be interested to know more if that turns out to be true!
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jan 2015 13:56

Interesting lucid dream, MercyStrange. I have encountered a "boy" inside a mirror once, in a lucid dream. He also spoke to me coherently, held my hands in order to guide me on some dreamland adventure, and warned me to be quick and active in spinning with him or else I would wake up prematurely. Interesting. What did your DC boy look like?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 16 Jan 2015 18:49

Well, I had another lucid dream the other day, finally. I became lucid, because-and this surprised me very much- that very same DC came back to me. When I saw him, I kind of 'remembered' something about numbers, and it took me a second, before finding another list of names that were numbered. When I saw it, I started reading the numbers aloud, and it made me completely remember, and I became Lucid. Once again, that boy smiled at me and said "There you are!" I'm not sure, if this lucid dream was a result of this 'secret' with the number and the names, but, that's what happened.
hectorjose, I know what you mean. I usually only get 1 or 2 a week, but lately I've been getting quite a few. Not sure if that secret was true, but it seemed to work for my last lucid dream. I'm gonna keep trying to test it, and I might post more If i come to a conclusion.
Summerlander, that's really cool! My DC was similar, in that he reminded me to ground myself by rubbing my hands together, whenever I got too excited. He's taller than me(specifically, if i had to guess, I'd say hes around 5 ft 11 in), he looks like he's in his late teens/early 20's. He has Blue eyes and dark brown hair. He's seems very intelligent and mature(for a DC that is), and like I mentioned before, he's very kind. I was pleasantly surprised that he came back, although I guess I can blame that on my eagerness to test the 'secret' he told me. I'm still not certain if it really is making me lucid, but I'm gonna keep testing it out.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Jan 2015 11:44

I Tried to hug him, because he made me so happy (He was the first DC to even answer me, so he needed a hug for being so awesome

:D

Cool it sounds like you've got yourself a dream guide. Ive always wanted one of those but I never get the same DCs coming back.

As the number thing seems to be deeply ingrained into your subconsciousness, it is possible that seeing numbers now will cause you to become lucid.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 21 Jan 2015 01:42

That does seem to be the case. I was lucid once more after this, and It was a result of seeing a list with numbers. It's pretty interesting, and I hope it keeps happening like that, because I'm becoming lucid more often :D

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”