Alarm Setting

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Caden_16

Alarm Setting

Postby Caden_16 » 12 Jan 2015 15:48

So I've always had my phone with my alarm across the room so that I know for sure i will get up. But recently I think this is holding me back from dream recall. Although my alarm is a softer tune, and I try to think back to my dreams that I had before getting up I think the sound playing disrupts my memory in some way, like stopping me from concentrating and by the time I get up to shut it off it's hopeless. If I wake straight from the dream Im okay, it's just when I know that I dreamed and I feel it i just can't recall is the problem. Do you guys think changing my alarm to be able to shut it off right away would help? Thanks.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

DesertExplorer

Re: Alarm Setting

Postby DesertExplorer » 13 Jan 2015 02:00

If you think it will help you recall your dreams more easily, yes. But the best way to remember dreams is to wake up naturally. It doesn't matter if you have work, you can wake up the exact time you want. You just need to practise it. Search for techniques on the internet. If you don't find anything I will show you some links myself.

I just also wanted to tell you that you need to turn off your phone's signal, because radiation decreases your melatonin. If your phone doesn't support that, then turn it off and replace it with a traditional alarm clock.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Caden_16

Postby Caden_16 » 13 Jan 2015 15:31

Ah okay like an internal alarm clock I gotcha. And I do turn my phone on airplane mode at night. I will search some of those techniques up. Thanks.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 13 Jan 2015 15:40

Airplane mode, yeah. That's it! ;)
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Jan 2015 10:29

Yes, trying to remember dreams while an alarm is going off would make it much harder to remember them.

If you need to wake yourself up to be able to remember your dreams (I can program myself to wake up each time after them if I put effort into things), have a quick alarm which stops itself. Also make sure its one which doesnt jolt you awake as a sudden shock awakening will have you loosing your dreams too.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”