What's your current LD goal?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamerinmiami

Re: What's your current LD goal?

Postby dreamerinmiami » 17 Jan 2015 08:44

Current goal is to talk to extraterrestrials. I had an Ld where i said i want to summon some aliens, i saw a few and they grabbed me. Then i woke up :(

[ Post made via Android ] Image
What is your definition of reality?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Jan 2015 09:01

dreamerinmiami wrote:Current goal is to talk to extraterrestrials. I had an Ld where i said i want to summon some aliens, i saw a few and they grabbed me. Then i woke up :(

I had a semi lucid last year in which aliens were keeping humans as slaves and also using us for sex slaves. It was a quite interesting dream to find myself in, I played along with the dream other then doing some stuff out of curiousity to try to find out more about the dream. The aliens (form of reptilians) were very nasty and treated people as if they were just objects.. they killed another just for the fun of it or a simple mistake. So this dream was an adrenaline rush in places.

Anyway, the combo of the aliens and all the sex stuff in this dream and also of it being in the setting of a completely different place.. really made for an interesting dream (I prefered to play along with the dream for interest of what would happen next then go trying to beat the aliens up).

The dream probably would of been a nightmare thou had I not been semi lucid (and hence knew I could just wake myself up to get out of it if I wanted too).

That's the only "alien" lucid dream I currently remember having.

Last time I got grabbed, that dream was a rush too. I was grabbed by the legs by a demon DC who I then allowed to pull me down into the earth (a thought which caused me fear but which I then wanted to confront when the demon started to pull me down. I also was wondering where I'd find myself once down there). So i went along passively with that lucid too. :D .

Its sometimes just as fun taking a passive role in a LD as taking a more active one.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 14 Feb 2015 06:11

Wow, awesome dreams. I want to have more with aliens and Albert Einstein :) ! You're absolutely right its cool to be passive, sometimes taking control Wakes me up. Now my goal is to go woth the flow and just slightly will people or beings i want to summon. Happy dreaming!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
What is your definition of reality?

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 17 Feb 2015 19:29

I use to believe that I was working with my so called subconscious, however I learned otherwise. Is relation to self admissible?
Is the mind actually trying to teach itself? Do the ears hear themselves or the eyes see themselves, etc.

There may come a point in your experiences where the evidence is simply overwhelming, how will you react them?

You should look at goals on the biological level. What is the function and purpose of the mind?

The answer was hidden in a puzzle, accessible to those minds that actually can, to some degree function in accordance with the purpose of mind. The name of the Beast 666:
"To regulate behavior so as to turn the past into the future, and to bring a future to pass."

There is a difference between appearance and reality. The mind abstracts the common element in many examples. When one cannot do this, each thing has no common element and we live in fear from lack of understanding.
Language is the only power a mind has. It is the only thing it can do, and there are two branches of language.
The mind is responsible for human behavior such that it maintains and promotes life. It cannot do this being linguistically dysfunctional. Look at your lucid dreams as an analog language. analog language is the foundation of all language. It provides material. We simply have to learn to divide it by standards. Then we know where it belongs in our mind.

If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord, will make myself known unto them in a vision, and speak unto them in a dream. The visual representations of both visions, lucid dreams, the so called miracles of Christ, were an analog language. Man is being aided in learning to think. It cannot do this when words have no meaning, no analog component-nor when the same analog component is given separate names, as if they were different.

A mind is not a pointless thing, it has a well defined job to do and well defined means. Learn the principles of language to understand your job and how it is done.

You are correct that you should have well defined goals for your lucid dreams. As we are to produce human will, what you can do, and not do, is one way one is taught. Will is deliberately exercised in the lucid dream state. Will is not the same as desire or wish. Will is a thing, both material and form. Since the mind is wholly linguistic by function and fact, it is the principles of language which determine standards in human behavior. In a metaphor; In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. In that simple metaphor, you are informed of many things. That there are two branches of language, and that they are the only power a mind can know. You are being taught analogically, but the principles have been with us a long time, we are just not awake enough to see it.

Evacarey

Postby Evacarey » 20 Feb 2015 20:27

My current goal is to control Lucid dreaming... for at least an hour
Sleep Paralysis Stories---> http://sleep-paralysis-info.com

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 20 Feb 2015 20:42

That is not possible. You can control your behavioral responses, but you cannot actually control the content.

It is possible, for example, to control your awareness throughout the sleeping cycle. I once did it through six consecutive lucid dreams, and the darkness between dreams.

Peter

Postby Peter » 21 Feb 2015 08:48

the darkness between dreams

The place of pure thought and just being - I know it well

Goals, to find the interface of common thought and the hidden mind and then explore

On the level of normal reality to keep leaning in my virtual trading room. To bring subconscious thought to life in the waking world

And to find a cake shop and eat my favorite foods
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

dylanobilly

Postby dylanobilly » 22 Feb 2015 22:54

My goal is to really control my dreams. The past few nights, my dream self has been like "this is probably a dream..." really apathetically, and I need to have more excitement in my dreams, the kind I have in REAL life about lucid dreaming.

buildit

Postby buildit » 23 Feb 2015 06:22

I want to continue to explore and learn. I've experienced things I could never imagine in this world and it amazes me each time I have a new one.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

DataTunnel

Postby DataTunnel » 25 Feb 2015 02:57

Current Goals:

Meditate during an LD

Ask the dream "What's the best song I can write?"

Ask the dream or a dream figure how I can get better at lucid dreaming.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”