I need help to not increase tolerance to not wake up on pain

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.

I need help to not increase tolerance to not wake up on pain

Postby Zanuark » 04 Jan 2015 03:51

Looking at my first post, you'll understand what exactly I'm talking about. But there is two things that really get me. Pain, and sensation. I hate whenever I am having a great dream, know I'm dreaming, then I trip over something and when something that would cause pain happens, I snap awake gasping. I don't want to wake up whenever I fall or get shot by somebody in a dream.
Another thing is sensation, Right before getting kissed by a dream, I woke up. This isn't the first time, in much more "intense" dreams, I wake up right before something big or romantic happens.
Is there any way to master this tolerance of the simulation of pain or, [insert appropriate word that I can't think of for the second paragraph here.] I want to be able to overcome this and stop my dreams from ending for tripping over air and have a Michael Scott NO GOD moment.

Re: I need help to not increase tolerance to not wake up on

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Jan 2015 11:41

Maybe just more LD experience will help?

Ive learnt how far I can go without waking myself up with things. Sex to a full climax is out in my case as that always wakes me up. I can thou enjoy things for a while, I just got to stay aware of my limits of how far to go before I have to halt it and cool down one can say.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Postby Inedible » 18 Jan 2015 01:07

One of the uses for self-hypnosis is practicing for situations that cause problems for you. You can use lucid dreaming for the same purpose, but because self-hypnosis is something that you can do without the same risk of waking yourself up you may have better luck with it. I used to be afraid of learning to drive. I didn't do it until I was 26 and when I did it, I would practice by getting myself into a nice level of trance and I would imagine getting in the car behind the wheel. It helps to develop relaxation ask as skill first. That way you can alternate between deepening your relaxation and rehearsing situations that cause trouble. You can imagine yourself responding in new ways and feeling differently about them. Practicing in advance during the day helps because in lucid dreams your time will be limited at first. If you are only having a few lucid dreams a month and they don't last long, you can't actually practice much of anything. It isn't until you can have an entire sequence of lucid dreams in the morning and re-enter them, more or less, as needed when you wake up, that you can work on practicing anything in your dreams.

And if you don't like the idea of self-hypnosis, you could just try working on daydreaming. If you are relaxed and letting your mind drift off and enjoying a storyline that is deep enough that you can begin to use it by choosing to daydream about your lucid dreaming.

Postby jasmine2 » 18 Jan 2015 06:41

If I had frequent dreams in which I woke up right after tripping or experiencing some other potentially physically painful action, I would be inclined to wonder if my dreaming mind wanted me to focus on what dream action happened just before I stumbled.

Is there some recurring daily problem -- habit, memory, emotion, belief, interpersonal or economic situation that often makes it hard for me to move forward as I wish in my life? If it is difficult to understand the implied associations of the dream symbolism, I might ask for other dreams to help clarify the meaning - plus provide suggestions for better ways to deal with the challenge.

Hopefully, if this problem situation improves, then life energy may also move more positively in romantic dreams.

Postby dreamstudent » 24 Jan 2015 20:51

Sleep in complete darkness it stabilizes dream world.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”