Life and Death

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
nesgirl

Life and Death

Postby nesgirl » 27 Nov 2014 01:05

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 04:46, edited 7 times in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Derpybunneh

Re: When you go to sleep, where do you really GO?

Postby Derpybunneh » 19 Jan 2015 17:11

nesgirl wrote:Dead people don't dream. Once they are gone, consciousness is lost forever.

And as much as that person is sad over the love of his life, like everyone else, he has to learn to move on. He can be a bitter hardened negative person taking it out on everyone because of it, but he still has to forget about her.
There are certain exceptions you have to be very careful around. Although the person has to cope, like I have to with my mood swings despite them being out of hand, if the person suffers depression, severe hypertension, mood swings, or some other mental disorder, you have to be very careful on how you approach them with death, so either they don't kill themselves, or die from their health issue.
When I was a teenager, I was faced with death in a similar fashion when I had a BFF die on me who was the same age. I was very upset and with the fierce mood swings I had, I was thinking about very horrible things, his mother and I were getting into physical and verbal fights (she is bipolar). Eventually after some therapy, I finally had to accept that he was gone forever, and there was nothing I could do about it, I broke up my friendship with him knowing that (cannot be friends with a dead person), and while I am still bitter and angry about how it ended too early, I moved on with my life, although his mother and I are still enemies.
So this is what the guy in the story needs to do like I did. Learn that his wife is truly gone forever and there is nothing he can do about it. Have him go through some therapy, maybe some depression therapy. Eventually he will move on with his life and be able to start over.

Once someone is dead, their consciousness is not lost forever. Their BODY no longer has a consciousnesses, because the spirit is no longer in it.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 19 Jan 2015 19:04

Derpybunneh wrote:Once someone is dead, their consciousness is not lost forever. Their BODY no longer has a consciousnesses, because the spirit is no longer in it.

Yep. Also, Pecatuiah (referred to in colloquial dialogue as “the boogeyman”) is a very real and very nefarious metaphysical being that terrorizes disobedient children and has an indirectly invisible hand in history. You can’t refute that. By your flawed and warped standards of reality (never taking a rational line of inquiry, never following the evidence, never thinking outside of the dogma that you’ve been brainwashed with, et cetera), you now have to accept and believe in the existence of Pecatuiah. Don’t contradict yourself now.
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 19 Jan 2015 21:40

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 04:47, edited 2 times in total.
Goodbye forever...

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 20 Jan 2015 02:34

Can we not have hate on an advertisement (and necro) post?
Three steps from bliss.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 20 Jan 2015 03:06

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2015 20:53

brianlovestar wrote:When you go to sleep, where do you really GO?

You go in your pajamas right there in bed. Even if you are lucid dreaming of a toilet, it isn't real and you will wake up in a urine-soaked mattress. That's where you really GO. When you really, really have to GO!

I got to the root of the question. I see things differently and doubt anyone can refute my statement.

Oh, wait, was this suppose to be yet another exhausting, futile afterlife debate? My bad. Carry on......

BTW, this truly is just an advertisement post. The user joined and left Nov. 26, only writing two posts, both promoting their book. No need to waste further time here.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 21 Jan 2015 03:58

Okay and if you think that is seriously necro

Necro means that the post is too old and the new post isn't tying into the thread enough to warrent bringing back the old thread.

That wasn't hate, PKJacker, and no I wasn't hating on her at all. She's a Mormon.

Well you certainly hate that one aspect of her religion, and feel the need to bring it up even though she didn't mention it here on this thread.

What I'm saying is there's no point to this, Derpy isn't going to drop a religion, and you aren't going to accept that one thing.
Three steps from bliss.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 21 Jan 2015 06:15

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 21 Jan 2015 22:23

deschainXIX wrote:
Derpybunneh wrote:Once someone is dead, their consciousness is not lost forever. Their BODY no longer has a consciousnesses, because the spirit is no longer in it.

By your flawed and warped standards of reality (never taking a rational line of inquiry, never following the evidence, never thinking outside of the dogma that you’ve been brainwashed with, et cetera), you now have to accept and believe in the existence of Pecatuiah. Don’t contradict yourself now.

I'm not brainwashed. I do question my beliefs from time to time, but I'm not the one to believe everything that science says is supposedly true. No offense, but I think you are the one who is brainwashed.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

Return to “Off-Topic”