nesgirl and Summerlander

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: nesgirl and Summerlander

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2015 18:09

I didn't knowed that Kevin Spacey didn't not speaked English good.

How's that for a shit-stain response!

I'm just kidding around and the last thing I ever do is make fun of someone's English. It's a pet peeve of mine when I see others think that those who don't speak English well are some how unintelligent. I see it all the time on The Amazing Race when Americans travel abroad. They think if they speak slower then somehow a foreign taxi driver, who they regard as mentally retarded, will magically understand what they are saying. Who's the true idiot when one is multilingual and the other has such a moronic notion?

English is my native tongue and yet I'm not, and may never be fluent in it. I had to look up the word, "captious". Plus, I don't think I will ever truly understand how to use commas correctly in a million years. So evens mine's English is not so goods. It's a hard language with silent 'H's, 'K's, and who ever thought of adding, 'ough' to words when it could be replaced by a single vowel? It's ridiculous!

Although my reply didn't have much meaning, it still had more than most Megaman posts, which somehow got around 3000 views in one week!
Last edited by HAGART on 20 Jan 2015 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Jan 2015 18:20

Hehehe... :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2015 18:23

What I edited above:
I added more to my reply, starting to rant about the ridiculousness of the English language, plus I looked up the Meganman Discussion and I was wrong. I thought it was 2000 in one week but it was 3000!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Jan 2015 18:30

I like the English language, though. It's wonderful, especially when it's spoken with a posh British accent. By the way, you guys like PC games? Have you played MDK and Sin? I loved the John Blade character! The mutants he faced were horrible! (My attempt to kill two birds with one stone by showing that our conversations about games can be more interesting than Megaman's and stealing their audience at the same time.) ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2015 19:25

That was my idea before. Talk about video games so much they will be itching to join in and then this thread will take off. If you can't beat 'em, make them join you!

I'm old school when it comes to games, but I never heard of MDK or Sin, both late 90's. I had to look them up and to be captious it's spelled, 'SiN'. ;) The newest PC game (for me) I recently played was Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 back in 2011 (which was old at the time). I dabble in a few cheesy free online games from time to time, and play a few classic oldies-but-goodies.

I'm a child of the 80's-90's. I remember when we first got a home computer around 1987 and the best game was King's Quest by Sierra. There was also Alley Cat, Digger, and Paratrooper to name a few. Then Sierra came out with the Space Quest series which were loads of fun, full of adventure and humor, and cutting edge at the time. Then I got older and was intrigued by Leisure Suit Larry! ;) :oops:

There's also Scorched Earth where you shoot other tanks only plugging in the Power and Trajectory of your shot, taking into account the wind. It was the first one I know of, but later was perfected by the WORMS games.

I spent plenty of time playing Sim City 1 and 2, Civilization 1 and 2, and plenty of 'Tycoon Games' which are my favorite kind of game. I like to build and create. Transport Tycoon Deluxe (open source version) is by far the best, and freelance programmers improved on the game a lot simply for the joy of it.

But sometimes it's fun to shoot Nazi's full of holes, so when Wolfenstein 3D came out, I was blown away by the virtual reality of it. (Laughable graphics by today's standards). It was fun for a while, but then DOOM revolutionized 3D shooter games forever, and still play it occasionally even today. (You can make new levels, download others, and even MODs for the game like Brutal Doom which takes the gore to a new level!) I never got into Heretic or Blood or Quake, but Duke Nuke'm is by far another classic game I use to play a lot. I loved his one liners after he kills and blows up people such as, "Your ass, your face... what's the difference?" or "Let God sort him out!"

Then a new style of game came out that was revolutionary: Dune II. I forget what kind of games those are called, but it was the first of it's kind that I know of. Westwood then went on to create Command and Conquer which is a classic. Warcraft came out around the same time and remember playing that in 1995. When Warcraft II came out it blew all those games out of the water, and just when you thought it couldn't get better and little game known as Starcraft came out and I must have spent a third of my life playing that game! It was the first game I ever played online with strangers, and I bet most others too. You could design your own maps, or even program Use Map Settings games, so it never got old.

There's plenty more games I've played, but just taking a trip down memory lane right now, I realize growing up in the 80's and 90's I was there living the history of gaming. Now days, you don't have too many new, revolutionary games as we did back then when it was still in it's infancy. I mean, if those simple 2D games such as Digger are like the invention of the automobile, DOOM was like the invention of the airplane!

Games have leveled off for now and there hasn't been a drastic change in a long time. The next major breakthrough will be hooking your minds up to virtual realities where you are submerged in the game, with all your senses, (more than the basic 5), and even sweat and feel tired when you run, wet when you swim, feel like you are using all your muscles to climb a wall. As lucid dreamers, we all know that's possible and it will be the next revolution in gaming.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 20 Jan 2015 21:02

I love roller coaster tycoon. You can kill your enemies with that game.

We were talking about this game called Garry's Mod, and I thought it might interest the rest of you. Basically it is a sandbox game where you can do ANYTHING you want and customize characters in any way you want. And best of all it is an online game. Basically I thought it might be really a lot of fun for this website to get a form of Garry's mod, because that game is basically in a way, like a Lucid Dream. I thought it might be fun for us to create our own stories, and then either ally with each other, or shoot each other (it can be an online game).

Like say I create my version of Black Triangle Island, and have just a great time of it, I'd be online, and you could choose to declare war on my island, and we would have a blast, finding ways to simply kill each other (I know one user I would gladly enjoy to play a war game with).
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2015 21:20

nesgirl wrote:I love roller coaster tycoon. You can kill your enemies with that game.

It's funny how you regard your patrons, the heart and soul of your business, as enemies.
But I know what you mean. I save the game before I have some fun. A cool thing you can do in the second version is create two 'No Entry' signs back to back, so you get a 1000+ people stuck on a single square. Do it on a raised path over water and just delete it. They all let go of their balloons at once, fall in the water and drown. It's morbid, but we all enjoy doing that in games don't we? :lol:

Or you make a water slide with a ridiculously steep drop and hill so they go flying in the air! There are plenty of ways to kill people in that game for fun. I saw a few You Tube videos of the later version of that game (I guess RCT 3), and there are lots of creative ways to kill people. Much like a lucid dream, we are not monsters, it's just human nature and fun to play God sometimes. It's more of a cartoon really, and not as graphic as other games out there which are truly sick in my opinion. But hey, they said the same about DOOM in the 90's so maybe I'm just an old foggy.

I don't know anything about it, but if Garry's Mod is a free download, I'm game.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 20 Jan 2015 21:33

HAGART wrote:It's funny how you regard your patrons, the heart and soul of your business, as enemies.
But I know what you mean. I save the game before I have some fun. A cool thing you can do in the second version is create two 'No Entry' signs back to back, so you get a 1000+ people stuck on a single square. Do it on a raised path over water and just delete it. They all let go of their balloons at once, fall in the water and drown. It's morbid, but we all enjoy doing that in games don't we? :lol:

Or you make a water slide with a ridiculously steep drop and hill so they go flying in the air! There are plenty of ways to kill people in that game for fun. I saw a few You Tube videos of the later version of that game (I guess RCT 3), and there are lots of creative ways to kill people. Much like a lucid dream, we are not monsters, it's just human nature and fun to play God sometimes. It's more of a cartoon really, and not as graphic as other games out there which are truly sick in my opinion. But hey, they said the same about DOOM in the 90's so maybe I'm just an old foggy.

I don't know anything about it, but if Garry's Mod is a free download, I'm game.

This is also why I played the Sims 3. Mass destruction, and I simply loved to kill my Sims. I know some people thought it was cruel what I did in my game. I built a town, and there were evil romantics in the desert (evil and bully are characteristics in the game BTW), Then I had a pyro Sim set the town on fire, and the fire, lightning, and meteors destroyed the entire town, and nearly everyone in it. That was comedy in the fullest. Then I had the pyro Sim kill the Grim Reaper so there was no such thing as souls or afterlife in the game (I had to put in a code for that). There were just burned ashes in the game all over the place. I have done other cruel things to the Sims, but that one was simply put my very favorite.
Garry's Mod is about $10, not too expensive. Although be warned it is very violent if you customize it that way. That game is customized to your liking.
Last edited by nesgirl on 20 Jan 2015 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 20 Jan 2015 21:34

I play on Xbox 360 (currently playing Forza 4), but I will be a PC gamer soon. I started a long time ago to build a PC and now I need only one final part to make it run; Graphics Card. :P

So, I will be able to play all kinds of games out there in a month or two. Do you have any suggestion for my first game? I want it to be something new (not Paratrooper) and not online (I hate it in games, except a few though).
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 20 Jan 2015 21:44

I recommend the "Fallout" franchise, particularly the third and "New Vegas" installments. Those are my favorite video games of all time.

Sims is pretty cool too. Good inter-generational game that perhaps everyone here has played, in some stage of development or another. (I myself played the third.)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Return to “Off-Topic”