After A Dry Spell, Finally Went Lucid Again

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

After A Dry Spell, Finally Went Lucid Again

Postby hectorjose » 20 Jan 2015 21:21

I average about 1 or 2 lucid dreams a week but for the whole month of December and first week of January 2015, I did not have a lucid dream. At first I was a bit confused by this and even disappointed :lol: I actually tried harder at night to initiate them by telling myself I would go Lucid, or that I would do a RC, even reading many posts on this forum to keep Lucidity in mind didn't seem to make a difference... without a good explanation for a dry spell, I finally went lucid last night....

I am in a building (non-lucid) and suddenly wonder what I am doing there, and upon that thought, I immediately become lucid. I look around the room and see that it appears to be a brick building with a window which let's me see that I am several stories up. There is no one else in the room with me so I decide to leave the building. I run toward the window and jump through it head first. I am very aware of the feeling of going through the window (it was closed) because it's been a little while since I've been lucid. It feels just like past lucid dreams when I go "through" things, a feeling like I'm going through some gel like substance... I find myself hovering high above the ground looking down at streets, sidewalks, grass, and trees. I decide I want to go straight down at a high speed and see what happens if I try to go into the ground.... As I get about halfway to the ground, I suddenly change my mind and decide I would rather interact with dream characters (I feel unsure if there will be any if I go through the ground). I slow down, before reaching the ground, and plant my feet. I now am on a sidewalk and start jogging along looking for someone to interact with. After a short time, I see someone, he is a tall mid-age looking black gentleman. I start walking next to him and ask him his name. In one word, He tells me his name is "Ann" which confuses me for a second because I associate Ann as a girl's name! I next ask him how old he is and he tells me "54" I can't really think of anything else to ask him and I get the feeling he will only give me one word answers, so I continue jogging and leave him behind.

I start remembering things I had read in this forum and things I wanted to try, once lucid. I decide I want to try to create a DC of a woman that I liked, so I think of her and try to will her to materialize. Nothing happens. I then think of another woman I like and try the same thing...but nothing happens again. I remember reading (somewhere in this forum) that to create DC's, it was recommended that you try to "expect" their appearance by turning a corner and "expecting" that they will be there. I look around and see there is a large square like thing that looks like a cargo container...I decide I will use that to do the turn the corner technique. I walk up to it (it's about the size of those rectangular cargo containers you see loaded onto ships) and hold firmly in mind that when I turn the corner, there will be the two women I want to create....that they are already there and me turning the corner, will bring them into view.... I turn the corner but no-one is there! I think to myself, ""Dam, that didn't seem to work!"

I decide to go back to jogging on the sidewalk to look for more DC's. I can feel the scene start to get a little shaky and dim. I rub my hands quickly together and this brings the scene a little more into focus. After about 20 seconds I can feel the scene start to weaken again. I remember what I read on this forum about spinning...I had never tried this before so I figure it would be an interesting experiment for me. I start spinning and although the scene seems to be getting dimmer and dimmer, I still have not woken up in bed. I try spinning faster and faster and notice the scene still looks slightly dimmer than usual, but it did stabilize a little bit. I think to myself that the spinning thing had worked a little bit, but not as good as I had hoped. I call out in a loud voice, "Lucid dream stabilize...Lucidity get stronger!!" this did not help much but I am feeling a little surprised that I have not woken up yet. After a few seconds the scene gets shaky again and starts getting dim really fast, I try rubbing my hands and spinning again, but I feel the lucidity ending and the scene goes black and I open my eyes in bed.

It was not the longest lucid dream ever, but I was happy none-the-less. I have been reflecting on why the DC's i tried to "expect" when turning the corner, were not there. Maybe more practice? maybe another technique? I don't know the answer but my goal is to find out in my future LD's. ;)
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”