nesgirl and Summerlander

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
deschainXIX

Re: nesgirl and Summerlander

Postby deschainXIX » 21 Jan 2015 01:36

"You never have to change anything you get up in the middle of the night to write."
--Saul Bellow
Our hypnopompic thoughts are our best kinds of thoughts--and I owe it to HAGART for making me aware of the term "hypnopompia." I think it's on the brink of sleep that we most often hit that beautiful theta brainwave and our mind is most potent. It's why I always keep my writer's journal by my bedside--in case a line of poetry occurs to myself or I have inspiration about a direction for my novel.

"The Island." Eh. Michael Bay. *forces back a gag* I haven't seen it though.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Jan 2015 01:57

So true guys. Hypnopompia rules. Saul Bellow rocks. He told his wife he was going to a brothel with Christopher Hitchens to do research. Brilliant!

Watch "The Island." Futuristic dystopia disguised as a fucking saviour community ruled by a shady government with the promise of a heavenly utopia for those who win a lottery. Like religion promising a heavenly afterlife. Only there is no fucking island. I don't want to say too much but it's like the 6th Day/The Beach/1984 but with great action and special effects. Great sci-fi thriller. :-)

Ewan McGreggor...aye! :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2015 02:10

I'm more familiar with hypnopompia than I am with hypnagogia.

Your mind is cloudy with residual 'sleep chemicals' and you are not awake, you are not asleep, you are something else.... you are drunk with hypnopompia. That's why someone coined the term. Our minds really are just a machine full of chemicals isn't it?

I had a few mind blowing revelations that are hard to put into words, but I can with art: The truest, distilled essence of the mind. Not words, but visions and feelings. Art is a language we all understand deep down regardless.

I'll share my vision:
It's a faucet. The kind that is on a knob and up and down controls the water flow, left and right control hot or cold. But it isn't labeled that way. Left and right is instead, Love and Fear. Fear is cold, love is warm. Up and down is the intensity of the flow. Too much of any of those is hard to handle. In the center is where I wanted to be. I can imagine making an interactive work of art based on that with a running faucet, labeled differently. Sounds pretty deep...

But now on to more important issues. Not penis or clitoris- we already handled those. But movies. I never heard of The Island, but saw Divergent the other day. What a load of crap!

This 'Nowhere thread, going nowhere for nobody' is already more entertaining than all of Megaman Discussion put together. How often can they reference genitalia willy-nilly like we can? (I need to speak with my Joe Biden and introduce a new item in my psyche called a 'filter'... but I'll let my internal congress decide and we all know how that goes.) ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 21 Jan 2015 02:52

It would have made a little more sense if any one of the other 3 or 4 active female users or I had started the subject.
And there absolutely no need to make fun of the opening I have on my bottom. Just because I have a different type of body shape than you doesn't give you the right to make fun of it. In fact I found it very insulting when Darwin was calling my gender inferior.

Ick such thoughts are sick and repulsive. I prefer Black Triangle Island. Aromantic Asexual Utopia with lots of technology. And personal space is definitely wanted, no matter where you go. That sounds an awful like that sicko location Valentine Island that I enjoy declaring war and fighting against. Our advanced technology is far too advanced for that island and we are able to defeat them nearly every time. See and that's why we need to get Garry's mod one day. Because you can create Valentine Island, and I can create Black Triangle Island. And we can fight each other (weapons are your choice). Garry's Mod is only $10, and you can have online servers. Also orientation is in fact your choice (this is why Garry's mod is M rated and not for kids), and so I can create asexuality on my island. This is why Garry's mod is so much fun.

I am actually more afraid of there being an afterlife than I am of their not being one, even if the odds are really slim
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2015 07:05

nesgirl wrote:active female users

We're not robots; We're human beings.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 21 Jan 2015 07:34

HAGART wrote:
nesgirl wrote:active female users

We're not robots; We're human beings.

Didn't you say before we were being controlled like robots? And personally I would prefer being a robot over a person anyways. Why? Because robots don't have to use the bathroom. Robots are asexual and never have to fear of ever getting raped. Robots can play all the video games they want. You don't have to worry about physical illnesses (there are computer viruses, but they are more like having Elsie's, and instant death than they are painful). And basically you can enjoy all the animals you want.

Also you do need to show a little bit more respect towards my gender, especially if you wish to find a partner. I know there is no female that will appreciate you looking up her rear.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 21 Jan 2015 12:32

I enjoyed HAGART's faucet vision. How profound! Also, the "Divergent" movies are so bad. So so bad--I hate all the angsty, unsophisticated teenager movies they're making these days. Yesterday I saw "Foxcatcher" in the theater which was perhaps the most deeply unsettling film I'd seen all year--aside, of course, for "The Babadook," an Australian horror indie film that deserves all the trophies there are. If you're a horror buff like me, it's a must see.

I myself would prefer to be a robot as well. There's no need for anthropocentrism when it's obvious that being a more refined mechanism would be advantageous (there's also no need to condemn our current homo sapien vessel completely, though). It would be nice to be free from our capricious and flimsy nervous systems that fail us frequently and allow us to experience pain, to be free from our mammalian desire to consume nutrition and then excrete it, to be free from all the inevitable failures associated with our organic restraints.

@Summerlander
I'm doubtful because the film is under Bay's direction--I might watch it though. I'm reading the little book "A Universe from Nothing" at the moment; I'm at the bit where Krauss is discussing virtual particles and their vast implications in determining the phantom weights of nebulae and their even vaster implications about the spontaneity of existence. I must confess that a portion of the book is going over my head (tetrahydrocannabinol, that elixir of mathematical cognition, helps alleviate this :D ), despite Krauss's already hyper-simplified and layperson-tailored rhetoric, but I'm deeply enjoying what I can retain. Perhaps I would've found the book far more accessible had I already taken AP Physics, which I will be taking next year.

Who are you all's favorite filmmakers? My own include Christopher Nolan ("The Dark Knight," "Inception"), Denis Villeneuve ("Prisoners," "Enemy"), Quentin Tarantino ("Django: Unchained," "Reservoir Dogs"), Stanley Kubrick ("2001: A Space Odyssey," "The Shining"), the Coen brothers ("No Country for Old Men," "True Grit"), Wes Anderson ("Moonlight Kingdom," "The Grand Budapest Hotel") and undoubtedly a few others I've forgotten about. These aren't my favorite films, mind you, just my favorite filmmakers with their more popular films listed to aid identification.

Well said.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 21 Jan 2015 13:03

Wait--when was HAGART being disrespectful to women? Do you consider the mere mention of feminal anatomy disrespectful, nesgirl? If so, make certain to stay away from the medical academia! He mentioned masculine genitalia as well, you know.

Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Jan 2015 16:09

LoL! Hagart's faucet vision is so symbolically phallic, so analogous to love-making, so blissfully dirty... :-D

Deschain, The Island might be an exception. I think you might like it. I've read Krauss's book, too! It is great and provides the latest in cosmology. Like Hawking, he shows us we don't need God in the equations... ;-)

Catch you guys later!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2015 17:11

I take back what I said about how nesgirl was referring to people as 'active female users' as if they are robots or inhuman. I like to take a step back and look as us humans as aliens too from time to time. And I like the term 'moist robots' to describe us and our illusion of free will. So if there is anything I regret, it was saying that.

I can say 'finger', 'eyeball', or 'nose' and it doesn't matter, but as soon as I mention other body parts it's taboo and offensive. (Even though there was little to no context and by no means degrading) We humans invented shame. No other animal cares and just walks around butt naked. In fact, babies do the same which means that it was not from birth, but society that instilled shame and taboos in our minds and we all have to wrestle with our own thought police as a result of that. It's a shame. Being more objective like a robot is quite liberating, unfettered by emotions.

As for Divergent, it was certainly a teen angst movie and reminded me of The Hunger Games. Those kind of movies are quite popular now days. Divergent was clearly a metaphor for highschool/college. Everyone has their cliques and the new girl, a freshman, joins the fraternity/sorority, is hazed and then proves herself, and has a crush on a senior. I kept watching because I thought something big was going to happen and maybe she had a super power, being a Divergent. But no. It turns out her super power is being normal! :roll:

Return to “Off-Topic”