HELLO

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
degausser44

HELLO

Postby degausser44 » 21 Jan 2015 04:51

Hi, my name is Michael. I have been lucid dreaming my whole life, but didn't start researching it until about 5 years ago. I average probably about 3 lucid dreams a week, sometime more and sometimes less. I have tried many induction techniques do reality checks daily. I am pretty experienced but this is my first time joining a forum on it. I have had some very incredible lucid dreams in my life and i'm interested in hearing other peoples. Any questions feel free to ask, i look forward to sharing.

chaosdragoon13

Re: HELLO

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 21 Jan 2015 10:41

Hello, I see you are new to the forum but not to lucid dreaming. Since when did you learn to lucid dream weekly?

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 21 Jan 2015 16:07

Welcome Michael! Do you remember your first lucid dream? :D
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 21 Jan 2015 18:47

Welcome Michael, glad you are here. I myself just joined the forum not too long ago. I average between 1-2 lucid dreams a week, and on occasion can have a WILD where I wake up from the lucid dream, close my eyes, imagine the scene or scenario I was just in, and can slip right back into it fully lucid again. I haven't experienced the WILD's as much as I have becoming lucid while dreaming.

Since it sounds like you are pretty experienced, I do have a question for you. Although I have been Lucid dreaming for years, I never really tried creating dream characters. There were definitely those times when I called out for dream guides or spirit guides in an LD, but to no avail. I usually just interact or observe the characters already in the LD itself. Recently however I have become fascinated with trying experiments that I have not done much in the past and....creating dream characters is on top of my list. I went lucid the other day and tried to create two dream characters, first by trying to "will" them into existence and when that didn't work, I tried the technique I read somewhere in this forum, of "expecting" the characters you want to create, to appear when turning a corner, entering a room, or opening a door (with the thought that they will already be there) I tried the turning the corner technique the other night, and it did not work...I expected the character to be there and got myself to believe they would be, but when I turned the corner, no DC's were there!

If you don't mind sharing, I would like to know your experience with this. Not just whether you are able to do it and the technique you use...but if you had difficulty achieving this when you first tried it. If you did have trouble in the beginning creating dream characters, what changed that allowed you to do it? what kind of experiences have you had with dream character creation, like can you create DC's who are replicas of people from your waking life? Very interested to know :)
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

degausser44

Postby degausser44 » 22 Jan 2015 05:16

well learning to lucid dream weekly has just been through experience. i usually become lucid through DILD but I've done it basically every way at least once. i even had one night where i went into 4 in a row through sleep paralysis... my first lucid dream happened when i was very young. not exactly sure what age (probably 9ish) but i remember i was at an amusement park in it on a roller coaster, and i jumped of the roller coaster. i remember waking up and going back into the same dream and myself from the previous dream was still there... the dream character thing I've only been able to do at the higher levels of lucid dreams. like when i have a LD where me and everyone in it are aware that its my dream. i used the method to imagine them coming around a corner or in another room. I've made my grandpap appear a couple times... if there's a better way for me to reply to questions please feel free to tell me, since i am new to this

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 22 Jan 2015 05:48

Interesting...I think you answered my question already. Basically the "expect" technique did work for you and it will probably work for me eventually if I keep trying it. It's like when I first started lucid dreaming, I could not really fly. I could hover a couple feet off the ground but just could not get any lift off. When i'd become lucid in a building or house that was several stories up, I'd bust out the window and just hover above looking down at the scenery. I found that I could move somewhat through the air by doing a sort of dog paddling move in the air. Every lucid dream I just kept trying and trying and finally I was flying like a super hero from a movie. It was thrilling and it gave me a feeling of empowerment. I could fly at high speeds, high altitudes, and it was awesome. I didn't do anything that different than the beginning other than keep trying. Maybe creating dream characters is similar to that...or similar to driving a car, it seems so difficult in the beginning but eventually it becomes a piece of cake. Either way, just hearing that method actually worked for you was reassuring. I am going to keep practicing and see where it goes!
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

Return to “Introduce Yourself”