Possible to be an architect of a dream?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Jack Reacher

Possible to be an architect of a dream?

Postby Jack Reacher » 02 Feb 2012 08:02

Yup, this is basically another Inception idea. In that movie some characters were the architect of the dream and could design the layout of the dream, the city etc.

Is it possible to plan out the location of a dream before it happens? It could be either drawing the area, writing it down, simply visualising it and using a location from memory to start out, that would be easier. Later on I might even try designing events and specific scenarios but that doesn't sound very likely at this stage.

So has anyone ever succeeded in stuff like this? I also got the idea from another topic where someone talks about creating planets and such, but this is all done BEFORE you go to sleep.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

SarahDank

Re: Possible to be an architect of a dream?

Postby SarahDank » 02 Feb 2012 08:59

From what I know, if you are a strong enough dreamer / lucid dreamer then you should be able to design it before hand, study it to the full extent, and then make the place appear once you are in your lucid state?

When I'm in my own dream state, its a whole new world that I have made. (Not on purpose though)
Is that at all what you mean?

But I think you should try and do what you mentioned in your second paragraph. I am sure it will sink in if you visualize it enough, study it enough... etc.

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 02 Feb 2012 23:29

... That's basically a WILD...
jamjam

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 03 Feb 2012 04:27

Oh so for a WILD you have to plan out the dream beforehand? i thought it was basically just entering the dream while still conscious instead of just hoping you realise you are dreaming while you are dreaming.

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Feb 2012 05:22

to me a WILD is just an entry that all, you should be able to enter the dream either WILD or DILD and then with intent and the awareness that you have construct whatever you want. I have never tried to create places but do have a house that I return to from time to time and have done so for a long time. Keen to see how you get on
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 04 Feb 2012 02:23

Really? I see the incubation of lucidity as a different form of a WILD. A WILD (to me) is creating it and then entering it knowing it's a dream.
First I get into deep HI. Second I manipulate the HI into the scene that I want. Then I enter the WILD. It's like I'm hypnotised! I also meditate using the standard lotus position. I usually enter the WILD with my senses in different orders. I think of HI like a deep daydream with your senses and awareness. In my HI I like eating things until I'm actually "eating" it. Admiring HI is also very addicting! Much better than TV! Creating detailed plots in my HI is also fun! I just make sure I don't lose my awareness...
Sweet dreams,
jamjam

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Feb 2012 05:14

i have always thought of HI as the black calm spot where I get the lights and spots and when I get there I either just go to sleep or enter a dream in that space . I dont create a dream just let them happen as really the dreams are enterainment and I am looking for deeper stuff if I can. Dont get it wrong I love the dreams and they are 90% of what I see and do and I create but I will get there and do stuff like go into a thunder storm and hold lightening so they are a launch point for other adventures
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 04 Feb 2012 19:50

Dreams are places where your inner thoughts come alive. What you want, what you fear, etc. The actual purpose of dreams is to heal your body and blah blah blah.
Sweet dreams,
jamjam

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2012 19:57

Peter wrote:to me a WILD is just an entry that all, you should be able to enter the dream either WILD or DILD and then with intent and the awareness that you have construct whatever you want. I have never tried to create places but do have a house that I return to from time to time and have done so for a long time. Keen to see how you get on

For the most part yes... those denote only the way you entered the non-physical.

WILD = A smooth entrance with no break in conscious awareness from physical to non-physical.
DEILD = A break in consciousness from physical to non-physical where you become consciously aware while already have made the switch.

You can initiate what I call a Mental Rundown to assist in doing a WILD though. This is creating a little mental scenario which, the goal being is to "step into", thus putting you into the non-physical while remaining fully consciously aware. :)

jamjam wrote:Dreams are places where your inner thoughts come alive. What you want, what you fear, etc. The actual purpose of dreams is to heal your body and blah blah blah.
Sweet dreams,

I've found that over my lifetime of lucid dreams and astral projections that I've learned dreams to be so much more than that. They've literally changed my life. I mean, don't get me wrong.. you're right, "dreams" (and I use that term really loosely, since I don't even believe the term is correct) are fantastic for self healing, but at the same time they're also for you to spiritually grow and become more aware. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 16 Feb 2012 01:45

Also im wondering if it is possible to pick up a lucid dream where you left it off the next night? Its kind of like that lucid workshop topic, only I want to make it into a mansion that has doors as portals to other dreamscapes.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”