I think LD is dangerous for me...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
James

I think LD is dangerous for me...

Postby James » 12 Feb 2012 22:21

Recently i was in a dream
In the dream i was in a temple made up of yellow bricks, vines and some sort of hiroglyphic
In the temple were wierd clouds with facial features. They were about 3 feet/60cm long and about 1foot/30cm high. They were shooting water like a high powered geyser at me. I new i was in ttouble because the force of the water was cutting the rock.
I did a jump into a sideways roll then frontflipped and grabbed one just as it was about to fire. Kerping a firm grip, i used it to shoot the others but i got srnt flying backwards with it from the backward-force (i tjink its called discharge?)
Well the cloud realised so stopped firing, and just as we were about to hit the wall i smashed it backwards into the wall (like when you hit the ball in beachball, pnly carring on
Past your head.

Now they were all taken care of i thaught "ill do a reality check" but when i did the bottom of my vision started flashing colours and the edges white, like when your just about to get the effects of fainting/uncounsiosness. I stopped immidiatly but carried on with the dream wondering if it was a dream, but not daring to find out in fear of passing out.

Help?

Ps sorry for horrible spelling, on my iPod Touch :)
Was it worth it?

Snaggle

Re: I think LD is dangerous for me...

Postby Snaggle » 12 Feb 2012 23:54

Interesting nightmare, would make a good scene for a video game. Incubate non-fear about passing out in a dream. Every failure is ones best opportunity to improve, both in ones life and ones dream life. Alternately you could just try to be lucid in dreams and not nightmares. It's always harder to control nightmares than dreams and the fear you showed is normal and just a small barrier.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 14 Feb 2012 05:41

Pretty interesting dream, Indiana Jones. heh. I've had an experience like that as well. However, it didn't look like I was passing out. When I tried to do a reality check it looked as though I had opened my eyes while I was sleeping and I was able to see both the dream world and the real world at the same time. When I stopped trying to do a reality check, my eyes closed in the real world so I could only see my dream. It was weird, but I think you may have done something similar in this case. Perhaps you were looking at a right light in the real world? I have no idea why I had the "double visions" of both worlds, but it's only happened once.
There is no spoon.

James

Postby James » 14 Feb 2012 22:57

Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
Was it worth it?

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 16 Feb 2012 02:24

lol, exactly. :lol:
There is no spoon.

Return to “For Beginners”