Couple of Questions

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
WildCat23

Couple of Questions

Postby WildCat23 » 13 Feb 2012 22:25

So I've been trying to lucid dream for the past 12 days. I feel like i'm getting nowhere fast. All my dreams seem to guide themselves and I have no abilitity to reality checks. I don't even hear my watch when I sleep, my que to do reality checks on the hour. I've been recording my dreams eveynight, as many as I can remember, be it one or four. I can't seem to get over the fact (At night) that I may see some satonic creature or something (Because your fears are heightend during night, causing me to accidentaly not be able to do WILDs.

Thanks for helping
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

Chrispy

Re: Couple of Questions

Postby Chrispy » 14 Feb 2012 05:24

I didn't really see any questions in your post, but my advice is just to keep with it. It takes some people longer to LD than others. It took me about a month of reality checks, writing down my dreams, and being aware of myself before I could LD. Even if you start lucid dreaming, it doesn't guarantee you'll do it every night. Don't lose faith, you have to keep trying and stay in the mind set that you WILL lucid dream that night.

BTW: I've never used the WILD technique, but I find reality checks and WBTB works the best for me. (I share the same fear of whatever I would see during the transitional stages of WILD. lol)
There is no spoon.

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 14 Feb 2012 22:12

I suppose that the reason I'm dissapointed is because my friend is a natural lucid dreamer (Sooooo lucky). I suppose my real question was whether I was doing anything wrong, which it seems I'm not.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 16 Feb 2012 02:28

I know, it's frustrating when people can do things just like that without having to try. (I hate those kinds of people. lol) But sadly, it's probably going to take some time before you fully develop and learn to control your Lucid Dream experiences. I wish you the best though! Just keep practicing! :D
There is no spoon.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 18 Feb 2012 02:43

Chrispy wrote:I know, it's frustrating when people can do things just like that without having to try. (I hate those kinds of people. lol) But sadly, it's probably going to take some time before you fully develop and learn to control your Lucid Dream experiences. I wish you the best though! Just keep practicing! :D

hey!
We can't help it if we Lucid dream naturally!
And some of us who can do so, (me) need to keep diary's etc just like beginners do.

Keep trying wildcat. stay positive! it will come eventually. :)

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 18 Feb 2012 22:54

lol, sorry, my jealousy sometimes gets the best of me. :P
There is no spoon.

Return to “For Beginners”