Injuries in Dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
SarahDank

Injuries in Dreams?

Postby SarahDank » 11 Feb 2012 03:21

Hey everyone :)

Hope you are all well.

I have a Question for you all.
Have you ever obtained an injury in a dream and remember it hurting badly?

It has happened to me a few times.
EG:
when I was younger I dreamt someone poked me with a pin, and when I awoke I felt like I had a massive bruise in the exact same area, but there was nothing there.

And my most recent, that actually braught me to ask you all, was last night.
I dreamt I had been deeply cut on my leg.
I remember it hurting soooo much!
And when I woke up, I didn't feel a thing. (Unlike when I was younger)

Jack Reacher

Re: Injuries in Dreams?

Postby Jack Reacher » 11 Feb 2012 08:21

In one of my first lucid dreams I kicked a cars window for the hell of it, it hurt so much though I didnt expect to feel pain. Apart from that no, not that I recall
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 11 Feb 2012 09:13

Yes. Have been shot, run through with swords, stabbed with knives, burned with white hot "pokers". 50 caliber bullets are not painless in dreams and having ones lungs fill with blood when one attempts to breath while dying is not pleasant either.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Feb 2012 09:22

yes I had a DC slash my wrist and I didnt see it happen just felt a lot of pain and looked down an seen the wound - just as he stuck a knife in my belly.
I had put my fingers into a skill saw that I was being threatened with and it was so real I thought to myself I really hope this is a dream. I lost 3 fingers
I have had plants curl round my fingers and crush then and after that they grew spikes

All of this hurt a lot, as much as in WR
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

R99

Postby R99 » 11 Feb 2012 12:42

I dont know much about it, but in one dream i get in a fight with some guys, after the dream i woke up, but i felt some pain in my body here n there for some minutes. Creeepy......
I see the Truth now.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Feb 2012 04:55

Snaggle wrote:50 caliber bullets are not painless in dreams and having ones lungs fill with blood when one attempts to breath while dying is not pleasant either.

Peter wrote:I had put my fingers into a skill saw that I was being threatened with and it was so real I thought to myself I really hope this is a dream. I lost 3 fingers

Wow! I didn't realize how dangerous dreams are. I'm going to get some dream weapons to take to bed with me.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 13 Feb 2012 02:03

Lol, Lucidinthe Sky!

May I recommend:

1. The XM25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPa8ihfrPU&feature=related

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPa8ihfrPU&feature=related

3. Metal storm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLNuBq0NQJE&feature=fvst

4. Forged knives are also a must carry- wootz preferred.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 16 Feb 2012 05:20

I was trying to improve my mental state -in my first and only lucid dream- in order to achieve a greater confidence with backflips (I'm a freerunner). Even though I have mastered the technique, I have huge mental blocks against them. This reflected in my dream. I did about 10, landing hard on my face each time. I've never hurt so much in a dream before or since then.

However, I like the idea of pain. Imagine, not fearing pain, yet being cautious of it. Since you can endure pain in a dream knowing that its not real, you can train your mind to not fear pain in real life. Or you can train your mind to cope with pain. Just one of the few things that interest me about dreams...
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Feb 2012 08:22

KylePK - Yes I agree. Pain is a tool and can be used to refine physcial and mental skills and boundries. Its only pain so why get hung up about it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 18 Feb 2012 07:22

Peter wrote:KylePK - Yes I agree. Pain is a tool and can be used to refine physcial and mental skills and boundries. Its only pain so why get hung up about it

Bingo. Besides, knowing pain will lead you to realize a whole new reality, that others cannot even fathom. I've experienced a similar revelation about reality, but not dream or pain related.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”