Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DesertExplorer

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby DesertExplorer » 21 Jan 2015 20:48

Peter wrote:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15686

had a look and its no more or no less that a obe exit to a lucid dream. Have done this a lot and yes its cool and loads of fun but just an dream entry by body exit instead of walking into the dream. Most of my lucids are WILD so this or that - makes no difference and ends up in the same place

Yes, a FA. When Summerlander told me that it happens in 9/10 times, I was like "NO WAY!!". Hahaha.. Because I don't remember myself to have experienced a FA ever again. My doubt didn't stop it from happening! I was very surprised to see it worked

Three times..

Very surprised

Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Peter

Postby Peter » 21 Jan 2015 21:17

False awakenings can get you by surprise and have had my run of them but thats not what I am talking about.

My comments all relate to lying in bed and not losing awareness while my body goes to sleep or part of my mind goes to sleep.
I then observe this and depending on a choice I make I roll out of my physical body and walk across my room and then decide what to do or directly enter a dream with out a body exit.

It never loses its impact and still astounds me
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 21 Jan 2015 23:46

I think we are all forgetting that we actually don't know truth in any science, because the definition of scientific method is weather or not we can disprove information we have found. So really I don't know what my point is but it relates to this topic I think.

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Jan 2015 00:02

lol - all good and mine is my Spencerian so no science there either
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Jan 2015 00:10

I'd like to know where I told Desert how frequent FA's are! Are you sure you didn't dream it? :-D

Btw, everyone, how often FA's occur depends on the individual. ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 22 Jan 2015 02:25

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15402

There you go.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jan 2015 02:06

My laptop is not working. What forum and topic is it?

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 23 Jan 2015 03:57

introduce yourself section and you'll see my name under author if you scroll a little I guess.

~David Gerrold

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jan 2015 15:07

I found "Hello Everyone I'm So Glad I'm Here" which you authored, but we don't talk about false awakenings there. Are you sure it's the Introduction section?

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 23 Jan 2015 16:26

Summerlander wrote:I found "Hello Everyone I'm So Glad I'm Here" which you authored, but we don't talk about false awakenings there. Are you sure it's the Introduction section?

Yeah, that's it. Look at your post. You mention it in a paragraph.

~David Gerrold

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”