control in the mind

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
buildit

control in the mind

Postby buildit » 22 Jan 2015 02:06

In every real way, you are your brain. It is a processing device and relies on inputs. If you could remove your brain from your body so there was no external input is it realistic to assume that in time thought and synaptic activity would atrophy and in time stop?
I am still reasoning out the relationship which seems to occur between the conscious and subconscious in 1. creating the matrix in which the dream takes place or starts 2. the apparent ability for the conscious mind to then override and direct sensory perceptions experienced.
There are a lot of clues which make me continue to believe the act of LD is less a partnership of conscious and subconscious thought and more of a takeover. If this is true then LD could act as a gateway to the control of many unconscious events in the body like heart rate, insulin production, healing rates, pain reception, CO2 and O2 levels in the blood stream and much more.
Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas?
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Peter

Re: control in the mind

Postby Peter » 23 Jan 2015 04:20

no external input is it realistic to assume that in time thought and synaptic activity would atrophy and in time stop?

Yip two thoughts,

If there is no external imput then could we have any concepts at all to build any sort of reality

If there was still a reality in what way would we experience this without our normal senses,
can we see without seeing
can we hear without hearing and so on

I would like to have a list of internal senses and then I would get really good at using them as I could hone them
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

buildit

Postby buildit » 23 Jan 2015 04:53

I have heard that people born blind neither experience any sense of what sight might be like even in dream, I assume the same would be true for deaf people who've never heard.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Jan 2015 04:56

A great scientific experiment would be to remain in a sensory deprivation chamber for a few days or even a week or however long you can last. Make sure you have circulating air to breath, some food to nibble on, a way to expel your waste and a door that doesn't lock so you don't turn it into a coffin. Safety is number one. I don't think it's been done before by lucid dreamers going in and out of dreams, but it would certainly be the experiment of a life time.

I day dream about doing that someday. It won't take long, only a fraction of my life, but it would certainly be mind blowing and would take some courage and determination. It's a once in a life time experience and most would think it was crazy, but to understand it you actually have to think INSIDE the box! ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

buildit

Postby buildit » 23 Jan 2015 06:50

HAGART wrote:A great scientific experiment would be to remain in a sensory deprivation chamber for a few days or even a week or however long you can last. Make sure you have circulating air to breath, some food to nibble on, a way to expel your waste and a door that doesn't lock so you don't turn it into a coffin. Safety is number one. I don't think it's been done before by lucid dreamers going in and out of dreams, but it would certainly be the experiment of a life time.

I day dream about doing that someday. It won't take long, only a fraction of my life, but it would certainly be mind blowing and would take some courage and determination. It's a once in a life time experience and most would think it was crazy, but to understand it you actually have to think INSIDE the box! ;)

Not sure the effect it would have on a Lucid Dreamer but I believe the average person starts to hallucinate and become panicked after what you might consider a very short time. Of course there are lesser forms of sensory depravation you could try over longer periods. Like wear a blind fold and noise canceling hearing protection for a day while sitting inside a dark room. Just the loss of sight and sound can make time double or triple in perception.

Return to “Dream Science”