ALCOHOL?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
degausser44

ALCOHOL?

Postby degausser44 » 22 Jan 2015 05:24

hi i'm Michael, i'm new to this website but i have been doing an experiment for the past week and a half. i have been drinking every night before bed, about 5 strong drinks. enough to get me feeling a buzz but not drunk. i tried this because i have had very drunk night were me lucid dreams are most vivid and I've had others where i don't even remember dreaming, which is rare for me. So i was thinking the perfect amount of alcohol might help? I've had mornings after heavy drinking where i'm borderline sick laying in bed, and have strange dreams that almost happen while i'm awake (don't really know how to explain it). anyways I've been doing this experiment the past 1 1/2 weeks and its been very successful. don't know if its just coincidence or actually working. i have had LDs 4 of the past 5 nights and I've just had really long and vivd normal dreams. anyone know anything about this?

deschainXIX

Re: ALCOHOL?

Postby deschainXIX » 23 Jan 2015 02:55

Experiences vary. Based on the few testimonies I've heard, here is my conclusion: If you consume alcohol regularly and your body is more or less accustomed to it, it can make your dreams staggeringly potent and realistic and logical. If your body is not accustomed, your sleep will be thin and formless with few to no dreams.

Again, this is based upon my limited knowledge of the subject. Absolutely in no way should my opinion in the matter be taken seriously. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Jan 2015 10:49

Interesting question. When I first got into dreaming, I had the impression that alcohol and weed make it less likely that you will dream. Now I can't say much has changed about weed, but a few weeks ago I got smashed and I had very vivid dreams, especially after such a long spell of no dreams at all.

No idea where to begin on the perfect amount to consume though, I would say it is different depending on your body type of course.

Also I think that our capacity to produce powerful dreams is limited, you sorta need good material to boost them and I think there is even some physical/chemical component that limits us from doing it too much.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jan 2015 15:10

On many occasions, when I have consumed alcohol, I have had vivid dreams which often lead to lucidity. And they often last...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 25 Jan 2015 23:46

Just to add my experiences, I find after a night of heavy drinking my dreams are much more vivid and to some degree more realistic.
Dreaming is my drug

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Jan 2015 03:22

If alcohol aids vivid and lucid dreaming, as it apparently does for us and many people out there, let me just stress that there are safer ways to bring about that desired and lucidly perceived hyper-realistic surrealism.

My advive to the novice would be to not rely on alcohol at all. One does not need to be inebriated before bedtime to get the best results. Start your practice autonomously by learning to naturally using the endogenous psychedelic compounds produced by your brain. These are more than enough.

Do not depend on alcohol. If you happen to drink at a party and then find yourself lucid dreaming, fine, enjoy it, but don't make it a regular occurrence for your own sake.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Jan 2015 14:45

i have been drinking every night before bed, about 5 strong drinks. enough to get me feeling a buzz but not drunk. i tried this because i have had very drunk night were me lucid dreams are most vivid and I've had others where i don't even remember dreaming, which is rare for me. So i was thinking the perfect amount of alcohol might help?

Sounds a good way to become an alcoholic!! Not only that, we can subconsciously program ourselves into thinking we need aids like this for a LD, which then can make having an LD hard without what we've come to depend on to get one. (this holds for taking any substance at all to have a LD).

One can do far safer programming then with having to use alcohol for succesful LDs.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

degausser44

Postby degausser44 » 26 Jan 2015 16:56

it was just an experiment that i did because of my past experience with it. i never drink at home by myself i was seeing what happened. i did it for 7 days and my conclusion is that the perfect drunkness can cause very vivid and sometimes lucid dreams. obviously you shouldn't do it every night and depend on it

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Jan 2015 17:48

It's certainly a good experiment. There is definitely a connection to vivid dreaming which increases that chances of DILDs there.

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Jan 2015 22:00

Alcohol inhibits REM sleep so a rebound happens in the later morning. It can cause very vivid dreams or help induce DILD if you are good at them.

Only issue is the hangover
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”